Infinity War Captain Beard from Scratch

drewthecostumer

Hey guys!

So I'm hopping on this Bearded Cap train full throttle, and aiming to have a 100% presentable costume for Katsucon in February. I've done a slew of professional costume work and sewing, so I've decided to build my cap suit from scratch rather than buying! Not that there's anything wrong with buying, just not really my style. I will wear a Flex Designs muscle suit underneath my suit so I don't look like preserum Cap. I did the Age of Ultron Captain America costume a few years back, but didn't do much of the "making," of the base suit. It was an Allied express suit, with all the accessories upgraded. I also used a Rocketeer Helmet, which I did paint, and finish up. Beautiful helmet! But man, did that get sweaty! The I bought a shield "kit," unfinished and second hand for a great deal, so I don't know the maker of the shield, but the brackets were Valor's.

Anyway: So my plan of attack (Avengers reference anyone?) is to take my muscle suit measurements, and start draping and testing a pattern until satisfied with the style of it, and work off the Civil War suit details. I ordered a couple Nylon Cordura fabric samples yesterday, so I should have those in hand in a few days or so for showing, but I have a good feeling that they'll be right. I plan on cutting all my pattern pieces on the bias to get away with a little more maneuverability on the suit while still having the form fittedness that cap has. I fully intend on doing the vest/undershirt set up that the movie suit has, and it's absolutely genius and allows for way more room for activities. I will likely end up skipping screen accurate boots in exchange for height increasing less accurate ones. I stand at an intimidating 5'9", so the closer to Cap I can get, the better.

Sorry about this wall of text, enjoy some pictures! Included is reference, a picture of my fabric samples, and a small "makeup test" I did last night before going out to dinner. Anyone have good recommendations for temporarily coloring beards? My actual beard is red, so I used brown mascara to darken it. It worked well enough, but curious to hear others!

w0myQJk.png

WK6vy0m.jpg

jh6Ytea.jpg

9KzAGt8.png

You have the look down so far. Chris Evans natural beard color has some red in it, but they might darken it a little.

Awesome job so far man. I can’t seem to figure out where the red parts on his suit are, are they just faded?

It's basically the Civil War suit, minus the star and the white and red torso stripes are very dark and subdued.

Awesome job so far man. I can’t seem to figure out where the red parts on his suit are, are they just faded?

If you look at Cap in the running photo, there is some around his bicep, and some running the length of the thigh, and the abs have their red section. It appears that the suit is the Civil War suit, but beat to Hell. Thus, hiding most of the red and white, and started the, "Blue or black," debate which the trailer has now answered (officially). Moving forward, I'll be working the red in where the CW suit had it. :)

Edit: Heres a super high res of the CW Suit :)

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/chris-evans-captain-america-civil-war-image.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back