Can anyone help me Identify this Star Trek V/VI Assault Phaser?

Andy3E

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I picked this up on ebay in Dec 14, but only just got it in my hands today and was wondering if anyone can help me ID who made it

Its a beautiful piece, really nicely painted, solid resin cast would be my guess from the weight, and the emitter and side screw are machined metal

The plate on the bottom reads USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A 524

Appreciate the help folks

Andy

IMG_2818.jpgIMG_2810.jpgIMG_2811.jpgIMG_2812.jpgIMG_2813.jpgIMG_2814.jpgIMG_2815.jpgIMG_2816.jpgIMG_2817.jpgIMG_2809.jpg

Wow...blast from the past.

More than likely that is an AIM kit/cast. (AIM was based out of Canada...I think they are gone now) The AIM's were based on the Ed Marecki (spelling) version. This is considered the STV Phaser.

The metal parts are an upgrade to the AIM kit. They were done by a local prop maker on this board (I will let him speak up if he wants since he likes to remain private at times). I actually sold a lot of the AP metal upgrade kits for him as well as selling his metal upgrades for the TOS phaser as well.

The ID tag on the grip was done by another local prop builder on this board but I forget his name. (I think his handle was Luke Skyvader?) It is made of etched brass, correct?

I would not be surprised if I built up that phaser that you now own. It looks very familiar. (However I know it did not have that ding on the nozzle barrel when I had it) I built up a dozen or so and sold them on Ebay back in the day. (I kept one for myself)

Hope the info helps.

Thanks Dude! its a fantastic piece, I love it! Hopefully i can see if its possible to get the nozzle fixed of replaced, the ID Tag has a little de-lamination too so would like to try and get that replaced

its an awesome piece, I was lucky to get it

where did you pick that up? I only ask since that looks almost exactly like one I sold years ago with the same ID tag # (minus the nozzle ding) Does the sight have a small piece of vinyl for the "light" area?

I think you are right on the ID tag maker. I think I still have an extra nozzle, ID plate and side dial. Seems like I ran across it the other day.

But yeah old AIM kit.

where did you pick that up? I only ask since that looks almost exactly like one I sold years ago with the same ID tag # (minus the nozzle ding) Does the sight have a small piece of vinyl for the "light" area?

I think you are right on the ID tag maker. I think I still have an extra nozzle, ID plate and side dial. Seems like I ran across it the other day.

But yeah old AIM kit.

It does, a small piece of Green by the looks of it

I picked it up on ebay in December of last year, had it shipped to a friend in the States, only just received it today

Last edited:
hmmm... I wish I would've really marked better all the stuff I used to own. lol

Yeah I used to use vinyl so that could be a quick way to know if it was mine. :)

It does, a small piece of Green by the looks of it

I picked it up on ebay in December of last year, had it shipped to a friend in the States, only just received it today

hmmm... I wish I would've really marked better all the stuff I used to own. lol

Yeah I used to use vinyl so that could be a quick way to know if it was mine. :)

Small world eh? ;) its now safe and sound accross the Atlantic :)

if you still have that extra nozzle and are willing to part with it id happily buy it to replace the dented one

Ah...then it probably is not one of my build ups. I painted the green "light" on the top of the phaser with a translucent green paint.

On the nozzle, being aluminum, you could probably wet sand and polish that dent out. It is not that bad. Great score!

That wouldn't be the first time I've run across something I've sold ending up in somebody else's hands after several owners. :)

I'll see what I can find. like I said I just ran across them a week or two ago.

Small world eh? ;) its now safe and sound accross the Atlantic :)

if you still have that extra nozzle and are willing to part with it id happily buy it to replace the dented one

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back