Fallout 4

Ran into my first terminators (the moment I saw the first synth I started calling them that). The Institute pistols and rifles look cool and easy to build. Kind of weird seeing stuff that looks brand new mixed in with all the worn out dirty stuff.

Also, I found a magazine that allows you to give your Power Armor a specific paint job and I thought I'd share the results with you. Needless to say, it's housing area needed to be touched up to reflect the paint job. And yes, everything you see here comes entirely from the base game.

Oh no, please tell me you don't need the according paint buckets for coloring?! I already scrapped / sold so many of them! :wacko First playthrough is always the most regretful! ;)

Oh no, please tell me you don't need the according paint buckets for coloring?! I already scrapped / sold so many of them! :wacko First playthrough is always the most regretful! ;)
Nope, they don't require them as far as I can tell, I have hot rod flames on my power armor :D>.

I rebuilt my garage but it's still not big enough, i have to say that i wish the wall tiles would auto straighten as half the time when you think they're straight they aren't. I've had to fortify the area with tons of turrets as i suddenly kept getting raiders coming around. Apparently i failed to defend a settlement last night but I'm positive i never got a warning. Also can someone place tell me i'm not crazy: a few days ago i was roaming outside sanctuary and came across a guy with a makeshift bar in the middle of the woods. I built a bar in town and am trying to find him again to recruit him but there's no sign of him or his bar in the woods. It's making me think i was hallucinating or he was a ghost lol

So unbelievably upset right now. Pre-ordered the Pip-Boy edition ages ago from EB Games (Gamestop) and was so looking forward to this. Just heard back from the post office after a week of talking that they lost my parcel.

I am absolutely crushed.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Ran into my first terminators (the moment I saw the first synth I started calling them that). The Institute pistols and rifles look cool and easy to build. Kind of weird seeing stuff that looks brand new mixed in with all the worn out dirty stuff.

Fighting these Synths has been a blast! They come at you fully covered with their fake skin that comes off if you shoot them. Reminded me of the Terminator 2 gun arcade game whenever you shot a 101 in the face and it's endoskeleton would appear. There's a lot more interactive damage in this game than the previous fallouts. Normally when a limb came off a character, that was it. Dead. It was just one of those things they had programmed in the game but didn't have time to do the mechanics or animations when the mob lost one. The big examples that do that are the Synths and Feral Ghouls. A leg or an arm gone, they'll still come at ya.

I love being able to see the parts fall of enemies and have you guys seen the sentry bots in the game now? They're huge. Sadly I doubt the post office lost that package, more like it's holiday season and packages are just walking out the door. I have no faith in the post office anymore. My gamestop ships with UPS for some reason. I found a tutorial on getting 100 percent at a settlement for the achievement as barely anyone's gotten it. It's going to take a playthru all it's own.

The big examples that do that are the Synths and Feral Ghouls. A leg or an arm gone, they'll still come at ya.

Had a proper brown trouser moment the first time I stumbled into a big nest of ghouls... Love the way they keep coming even with bits missing!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wes R there is a guy with a traveling bar.

So far I have played over 40 hours. I haven't been bored once, and so far all the missions each feel unique in their own way. I thought I won't do the settlement building. But I find myself doing that half of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I like is that you can actually feel the progress you make as you level up as lately all my guns are doing more damage. I don't even bother customizing them anymore once i find a premade one i like. Wish i could find him and that bar again lol. Apparently the first settlement you create isn't a good one for getting the achievement since the one guy can't be assigned tasks.

I haven't even figure out how to get them to do stuff yet. Adding a second level to my building so i have more space as the garage is getting cramped again. I worry raiders could make off with my stuff though. Mind you the security at this place is 350 so if they get past all the mk 1, mk 2, and laser turrets i wish them the best. I'm out of copper of course right as i was about to wire up the second floor.

Last edited:
Go into build mode, walk up to the settler and a button prompt pops up for him (E on pc I think). Then walk to a plant or guard post or whatever and click to assign him there

Man... I'm missing out.... I might have to buy it and find a place to play for a day before Christmas.

So when they lose bodyparts they still come at you? Do you have to shoot them in the head to finish them or do they eventually bleed out?
So if they lose a leg do they hop or crawl at you?

Synths sound awesome. I was wondering what new type things we'd get to see in this one. They sound awesome.
I just saw a mod where you can play as a synth.... doubt it's for XB1 though... more than likely a PC mod.

Can't wait to play this

Also, I found a magazine that allows you to give your Power Armor a specific paint job and I thought I'd share the results with you. Needless to say, it's housing area needed to be touched up to reflect the paint job. And yes, everything you see here comes entirely from the base game.

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x436/lordJeyl/IMG_2710_zpsciq4cwxk.jpg

Even though you can't name Power Armor, I've decided to call this one "Daisy".

Is that the Hot Rodder magazine? I saw something about it on the load screen, but I haven't found one yet.

BTW, is the starting map size the entire game map size? It seems a lot smaller than Fallout 3, NV, or Skyrim.

It is smaller, there's alot of complaints about that as you can walk across it fast but the map is so packed full of stuff to explore that isn't even stuff you can fast travel to but just find. i still barely have gotten far after all this time. I do find it annoying that when there's an emergency someplace it doesn't log it so you can find it easy, if you're not paying attention you can miss the warning the pops up.

Whoohoo I got me a suit of X01 power armor.

Last edited:
*Finished Curie's personal quest*

She looks familiar...

*Takes the relationship to the max!*

Ah ha! Now I get it. Someone at Bethesda must have played Dragon Age: Inquisition as a female Inquisitor hoping to romance someone who ended up being completely straight. I felt the same crushing heartache when I learned the same thing so this relationship with Curie cured all my ills. She is that adorable.

Also for a cute little bug, get your human follower around a suit of Power Armor that's in a Power Armor station and wait for the impossible to happen.

It is smaller, there's alot of complaints about that as you can walk across it.

I wondered about this too, compared to NV getting to the map's center was way too easy in my opinion, it didn't feel like having something accomplished at all when I first stood in front of Diamond City. Thinking about F3, there were so many areas I didn't visit during the first 100 hours of playing or so (though I started with the goty edition).

Didn't Pete Hines or some other Bethesda staff member say something like F4's world is the largest Fallout world ever when it was revealed in summer?

I'm thinking that he may have meant after the DLC packs hit, i'm betting those are going to add new areas. My character latched onto Piper and she likes to hang out when he's breaking down supplies or working on the armor but not much else has gone on. I'm still piddling around with exploring and leveling up more. That and trying to get parts for all the half destroyed armors i found. I luckily found some T51e parts that i slapped on a half built one. Wish i could find more T60 parts as the full one i have has a 51 helmet on it.
I do wish the game had more dialogue to work with, after a while it's the same 5 missions at various places. I want to know how i keep getting raider missions for my base town when it's surrounded by auto turrets and nobody gets inside. It makes no sense that raiders keep kidnapping and stealing stuff when the few you see actually die before they get far.

Last edited:
I'm only level 18, but I'm pondering whether someone that just lost their spouse in what seems like a week's time plus or minus, would really be looking for a new romantic partner? So far he's eyeing Piper though.

I'm not sure if there's much to choose from as most of the partners are men, animals or machines. I picked up a complete set of T60 parts with a flame paint job and a spare frame to hang the other parts on. I'm debating moving my base into one of the abandoned houses though but i'm not sure. I spend more time tinkering with crap nobody ever sees lol.

I just ran into a guy whose a named enemy that isn't even on the wiki yet so I'm not sure what his story is.

Last edited:
So unbelievably upset right now. Pre-ordered the Pip-Boy edition ages ago from EB Games (Gamestop) and was so looking forward to this. Just heard back from the post office after a week of talking that they lost my parcel.

I am absolutely crushed.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

That is just balls.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back