Boba Fett Helmet in stainless steel

The sandblasting really cleaned things up. I can't wait to see the paint job. How much does this guy weigh now?

thank you very much. as I said in earlier in this thread, I was inspired to do this absolutely by your boba fett helmet, and I think yours might be much more accurate and of course welded like a profi that I am not:) the bowl is also not a perfect solution and its awesome how you can really sculpt the metal. a solution could be to cut the bowl into a half ant weld in a small strip to get the oval form. anyway, my helmet fits me so its ok, and it was was the cheaper and shorter way.
when it comes to the pain, I m also exited how the raw metal will shine through the damaged areas. I saw the video of yours, painted by the client and it looks a little bit that the metal is painted completely, but I m not sure though. would be a little bit sad, to see nothing of the metal of your great build, but its looking very nice anyway.
also exited to see how the kylo ren helmet comes out, even though this is not my most favorite helmet though.
wow that's cool to know my work is inspiring people.im not sure if he let the metal shine through or painted the metal on. Your cast aluminum clone trooper helmet turned out awesome. I've been wanting to get into aluminum casting myself.

how heavy is it lol

:) dont know because I didnt weight it yet... but I would say it could be around 3 kg, so also not so light, but ok.
GoldPointProps. well than, if you decide to do some aluminum casting and have any questions, just let me know than :)

did the first layer of color today. started with a gray tone. the boba fett guys know: to do all the demage is like a painting... hell, very complicated. so I doubt that it will really turn out movie accurate in this case too. I m using templates, but just transfer them free by hand. well, and the colors might not fit 100% too. just using what I get. but I m still exiting what it will look, when I can rub up the latex again.

Last edited by a moderator:
after gray yesterday it came black today. also finishing the other parts. today green over red for the left ear and these sandcolor over black for the right.

This looks awesome! I can't wait to see the finished helmet! This has made me want to look at making my own, not out of metal though. :p

With the Blast Shield down I can't even see, how am I supposed to fight?

use the force boba...!

today: green over black, visor and cheeks stay black. added also the white applications on both ears so I can do the small black signs there tomorrow. than I ll do the darker green for the back of the helmet and the yellow stripes too.

That is looking really great!

after gray yesterday it came black today. also finishing the other parts. today green over red for the left ear and these sandcolor over black for the right.

Foto-0088_zpsgqygeu9i.jpg

GESUNDHEIT!
:lol

hehe, yes, these latex is looking like it came directly from my nose.

here the pictures with the red on it now. look a little bit more like boba fett now, even the color, the shape and the number of stripes: all incorrect. argh.

i'd have chromed it instead of painting

yes, maybe not chromed but polished instead. and a mirrored visor plus white stripes on the dome is what I would do with a customized mandalorian helmet. but if you ve got boba in your head, it have to be boba than...:)

finished painting today, and its looking not so bad. I ll do better pictures tomorrow so these are pretty bad though, but for me the paintjob is getting a little better now. I ll add some more scratches and a little bit of weathering later too.

thanks a lot!

Heavily damaged indeed; this helmet has seen things;)

right, seems to be a little bit more damaged even than the movie correct one. today I m pretty happy with the paintjob at the end, even if there is a lot of incorrectness. got the visor today too. its one of these cheap faceshields you can get for around 8 dollars. its ok for the moment, and the color fits good I think, but its much softer than the others I used. you can cut it with a scissor and it dont hold its form so well. maybe if I ve got some more money to spent I ll buy one of these polycarbonate faceshields again. after adding some scratches, what is nice to do with the stainless steel, cause you really just have to take a nail or something and scratch the paint away and it looks absolutely natural, and using sandpaper to simulate damages, the helmet is nearly complete now. maybe I can do some weathering tomorrow and I also glued the rangefinder together so this should be hardened out tomorrow too, so I can install it than.

here some better pictures of the helmets paintjob:

and with the visor and earparts installed:

thank you very much!

installed the rangefinder today. just the little black screen is still missing, but I ll do that today too.

here some views into the inside...

and the boba fett helmet next to my stormtrooper one

my wife (she hates star wars) wearing it. maybe this is the only one she likes a little bit:)

and me

If your even halfway likes the Fett helmet (while disliking Star Wars in general terms), you should let her have it! It'll be the first step to lure her further into that galaxy far, far away!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back