MILLENIUM FALCON Studio Scale Model Pics

hklfilms

Hey all - I just signed up here as I'm just getting my feet wet with modelling. I recently purchased an Ertl MPC Millenium Falcon kit off ebay that I'm going to start working on soon and I thought it would be smart to connect with people who already know what the hell they're doing.

But what this thread is really about is the Falcon.
I was recently at the Star Wars Exhibit at the San Jose Tech Museum of Innovation here in California and they had on display a full-size model of the Falcon. (to clarify and avoid confusion, I say full-size as I assume it's what they used primarily in the films - it wasn't life-size or anything - if there's a better term let me know. I'm a noob at this so bear with me)
The model was probably around 3 1/2 feet wide.

I took some hi res photos with my camera (Canon 5D Mark II w/ a 50mm lens) and wanted to share.
Thought maybe some of the close-ups and general photos could help some people with their builds, and/or otherwise just feel free to gawk at the magnificence of this ship.
These are photoshopped for lighting and size, but if anyone wants some high res versions of any of these photos let me know. The raw files are pretty big.

Enjoy!

-Justin

IMG_1340.jpgIMG_1366.jpgIMG_1364.jpgIMG_1363.jpgIMG_1361.jpgIMG_1360.jpgIMG_1359.jpgIMG_1356.jpgIMG_1355.jpgIMG_1354.jpgIMG_1353.jpgIMG_1350.jpgIMG_1347.jpgIMG_1346.jpgIMG_1345.jpgIMG_1344.jpgIMG_1343.jpgIMG_1368.jpg

I've also got pics of the X-Wing, Star Destroyer, Tie-Fighter, AT-AT, AT-ST, Probe Droid & Sandcrawler models that were on display there as well as the miniature Luke on TaunTaun from ESB, full size Yoda, R2, 3PO, Vader, Jawa, Sand Person, Storm trooper, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Princess Leia & Wampa costumes & close-ups of some lightsaber hilts & weapons - and the interrogation droid from ANH. They also had the original Land Speeder from ANH & lots of other cool stuff. If you get a chance I highly recommend going to the exhibit. It's there until February 2014.
If you're a Star Wars geek like me it's almost an emotional experience seeing some of the costumes & props from the original 3 films that we grew up with. Amazing stuff.

Welcome hklfilms, some beautiful photos there (and as Scratchy said,.it would be cool to see them at full res....cool camera, did you take any footage also?)

Yes that is the 5foot fiming model that was made for Star Wars,.....modified for ESB with extra landing gear.

The MPC/AMT/Ertl kit you bought is designed around this model as it appeared in Star Wars, with 3 points of landing gears

Looking forward to your progress

John

Thank you so much for sharing!
I'd like to see your full scale Landspeeder pics, and Probe Droid (every bit helps!)

The 5-Footer is a beauty but if anyone happens to see the 32-incher at any of the shows, I would very much appreciate as many pics as you can take! Thanks in advance!

Joe

Justin,

Beautiful pictures...and with a great camera and lens! Doesn't get much better than a 50mm prime.

I'd be very interested in any of the ANH Millenium Falcon raw files (.cr2) you could spare. I bet there's quite quite a bit of detail in the shadows given the latitude of that image format. I use Lightroom at the studio and would be very happy to dig into the extremes of the characteristic curves.

PM me if you'd like a link to a Dropbox directory...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Andre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back