Bandai release schedule

I was making a dig on how unlikely a 1/48 AT-ST specifically in the ESB styling is unlikely, since the average viewer will be more familiar with the ROTJ AT-ST.

If you want my real answer, if it DOES happen, it'll be an online exclusive.

I believe the Bandai ATST is from 'Return of the Jedi', not 'The Empire Sticks Back'. The ESB ATST had longer legs and the head pod was more skeletal looking. It only appeared in the background of one scene so it is probably not high on the list probably, but after Bandai does all the vehicles customers are clamoring for it could be in the following wave.

I modified my second Bandai AT-ST kit to be the ESB version without too much difficulty. It's mainly a matter of reshaping the parts. Extend the legs, reshape the cockpit to a flatter, wider profile, extend the main guns. Not perfect, but pretty close.
ESB ATST.jpg

Not BANDAI, I know, but I just learned of this huge, upcoming behemoth from Fantasy Flights ARMADA game.

swm20_spread.png

Although I couldn´t find any info of its actualy scale, but measuring about 24 inches, I think this would look way awesome on display, together with a bunch of BANDAI Star Destroyer. ( the FF SD´s are to big )

I have their Blockade Runner and Rebel Transport- both have excellent detail and are correct in proportions (although the weathering wash on the transport if far too heavy and needs repainting). I just threw out the gaming parts since I do not do the gaming, but they are excellent replicas of good size- I wish Bandai would sell kits in this size.

Speaking of Bandai, I just got word yesterday that the Special Edition B-Wing I have on preorder from CultMan was restocked. I completed the payments and should have it in a week or so. They filled all the preorders and show out of stock again, but if you are still inclined to get one I would suggest getting in line over there- the price is much better than what you find on Amazon or eBay

They should just offer all of these with the led kit. I mean it's not like they need incentives to move these I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LED kit is supposed to be one of the Bandai standard ones- I have seen the B-Wing unit being described as Orange and Yellow (in the link above). They should be easy to get if you look in the right place, once the B-Wing is on the shelves I am sure there will be additional places to provide the LEDs.
I got the Special Edition which includes the LED unit- I figured the additional cost of that kit would equal the standard release plus the LED unit and shipping each. I did get a shipping confirmation, the kit should arrive Monday I think, I will know more about the lighting then.

You can get those LED units pretty cheap on ebay, in different colors. Just search for "gundam led unit".

I kinda regret buying the SDCC edition...

The LED kit is supposed to be one of the Bandai standard ones- I have seen the B-Wing unit being described as Orange and Yellow (in the link above). They should be easy to get if you look in the right place, once the B-Wing is on the shelves I am sure there will be additional places to provide the LEDs.
I got the Special Edition which includes the LED unit- I figured the additional cost of that kit would equal the standard release plus the LED unit and shipping each. I did get a shipping confirmation, the kit should arrive Monday I think, I will know more about the lighting then.

The B-Wing comes with a 4-pronged clear plastic diffuser to spread the light to the 4 engines, so I'm thinking it's probably not going to be as easy to find that part of the lighting kit, if we buy the separate Gundam led module. Not saying it will be particularly hard to come up with a homemade lighting rig, but the one included with the ltd edition might not be as easy to replicate. My ltd edition is still on it's way, so just going by what I've seen in photos.

The diffuser's included with the standard B-Wing, since it's listed in the manual's sprue map. The manual for the SDCC version is exactly the same as the regular one, so if it's listed there, it's included with the standard release.

Thanks for the tip! Just bought 2 lights from a local supplier on Ebay for about AU$10. Can’t wait to get this kit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back