EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

If a Boba PCR is produced, it will be interesting to see how well the painting can be done at that price. I'm afraid it won't be very close to the screen used look.

Even if a prototype is shown, how close will it be to the factory produced versions. The prototype Vader PCR was handpainted which probably looks much better than the factory paint job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

According to the talk on Rebelscum, the Fett helmet that's been at every booth is the prototype for the PCR helmet. But it's EFX, so any of it will only matter once there are boxed helmets sitting in a US warehouse.

That's a good point as well, ggriffaw, a Boba Fett helmet would be much harder to produce a "budget" version of and still match the quality of Vader. Lots depends on the quality of the paint job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is PCR? Is this a different company and efx is supplying the helmets to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought the PCR name was misleading.

The Stormtrooper PCR helmet isn't precission cast from anything we saw on screen. It is significantly modified and cleaned up.

The Vader is closer, but there still needed to be some modifications to allow for injection molding.

To me Precision Cast implies an exact copy of an original, not a cheaper alternative to more expensive and accurate replicas.

Hmm I was there at wondercon and even took photos and got up close to the fett helmet they had and it definitely wasn't PCR it was the fiberglass one they've always had

The Stormtrooper PCR helmet isn't precission cast from anything we saw on screen. It is significantly modified and cleaned up.

The Vader is closer, but there still needed to be some modifications to allow for injection molding.

To me Precision Cast implies an exact copy of an original, not a cheaper alternative to more expensive and accurate replicas.

Careful for those looking for a cleaned up Boba lid. You'll get a Jango :lol

They're a cheaper alternative for those who 1) can't afford a legend (at secondary market rates) 2) Don't want the Anovos lid or 3) Just want a cheap Vader to display. Call them what you want.

They're a cheaper alternative for those who 1) can't afford a legend (at secondary market rates) 2) Don't want the Anovos lid or 3) Just want a cheap Vader to display. Call them what you want.

No..I could buy a legend for this prices on ebay.But I´m not an idiot.Thats all.:lol;)

Master Replicas was the first high end company to start these cheap replicas, with their Stormtrooper Collector's Edition (CE) helmet. Later on EFX took over, making the same identical TK helmets with a different name though: Precision Cast Replicas aka PCR

Yes the Stormtrooper PCR has also a lineage to a real helmet..but they mirrored one side to make it symmetric.

Knowing there (currently) is a painful 195 page thread about the Scout Helmet, would anyone really "pre order" from EFX again? Especially knowing in 10 years you may be forced to pay an additional $400-500 in shipping for an item with crappy production flaws.

I’m following rnbuda lead, and I have a fiberglass cast (MDF) being painted up by a Fett artisan, and it will be far better than any mass produced helmet.

Why wait? Go out and get your Fett helmet now. Go spend your money and support these small talented highly respected Fett artisans who know their craft. There are some great ones out there: Nick, Alex, Eric, Robert, and I know I’m missing several others. They’re legit, and they deliver.

Last edited:
I would never pay EFX directly no matter the collectible they make. Not worth the hassle. I have 3 EFX products: Stormtrooper LE helmet, Vader Legend lid (I used to have LE too) and TIE Fighter studio scale. I like them all, only the Stormtrooper LE helmet was ordered directly from EFX, in their first years, when Bryan helped me, and it was a great experience. But that was the start of EFX's lower standards in almost all aspects alas. The Vader Legend I had to get from a UK seller, who sold it to me for an excellent price, close to what a US fan would buy it for, because EFX asked $700 for direct shipping (for that money it should have been delivered by a squad of Stormtroopers in a Star Destroyer). I didn't have any issues with the TIE Fighter model. We all know the stories with their other items, no need to repeat it...

It's disappointing how EFX has squandered their licenses, to the point where I don't understand why they bother paying for it (unless it's just to create props for their own collection). All the Star Wars and Marvel props they could have been producing all these years wasted. While Anovos (despite their own issues) along with King Arts, Lager, Cattoys have released Star Wars and Marvel props consistently.

And what I really hate..nobody is talking about the reasons.I really have understanding for delays about production problems or something like that.But what EFX is doing over years with no communication is really bad.What I ask me: What are this guys doing all the time?Did they have normal Jobs and EFX is only a hobby?
Ok now they released the plastic Vader and the mini Falcon...but over the years?Was it enough to pay the staff?Ok they had the money of the Scouthelmets and I have no clue how much people are EFX.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing there (currently) is a painful 195 page thread about the Scout Helmet, would anyone really "pre order" from EFX again? Especially knowing in 10 years you may be forced to pay an additional $400-500 in shipping for an item with crappy production flaws.

I’m following rnbuda lead, and I have a fiberglass cast (MDF) being painted up by a Fett artisan, and it will be far better than any mass produced helmet.

Why wait? Go out and get your Fett helmet now. Go spend your money and support these small talented highly respected Fett artisans who know their craft. There are some great ones out there: Nick, Alex, Eric, Robert, and I know I’m missing several others. They’re legit, and they deliver.

I´m really interested in a great Boba Helmet(TESB Version).But have no clue who´s the best.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back