Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

Hey Jkirkon, looking good. I don't know if you already noticed, forgive me if you have, but the butt plate is set up for the Red Jammer Y on this kit. Meaning it sticks out further than all the others, including Tie Killer. To show you what I mean the image on the left is Red Jammer and the one on the right is the Ladd Y.
View attachment 764214View attachment 764215
One way to fix this is to trim off the edges on the given butt plate and make is so it can be inserted into the void like this.
View attachment 764216
Again, forgive me if you already know this, but may be helpful for someone making this kit none the less.

Actually Mike, I did NOT notice that! I appreciate you making me aware of that. For all the scouring of reference pic to find all the little plant on parts, that detail escaped me. Now on my to-do list for this model.

Can we please get the SS x-wing OFF the floor?!? Jeeze! LOL

Lol!! That is a Hasbro conversion, not a studio x-wing. My wife bought that for me, the conversion was done by a guy named Andy Lee in the U.K. I am in process of re-arranging my office, so that it is not on the floor.

Suggestions on a mounting stand shaft for this kit? I've been slowing working away at the kit but I'm at the point I need the stand. What's the preference among the veteran builders?

I am using a Panvise-like mount bolted to a piece of wood I counter bored the bottom and used machine screws instead of wood screws so its easier to take apart and manipulate. its working out so far.

IMG_0116.jpgIMG_0115.jpg

Slowly chugging along on my Gold Leader. Need to clean up the backplate area and get busy finishing the nacelles. I am on vacation until 11/27 so will make more progress.

Attachments

• FCD2D324-F577-4D88-916E-22EA0ED37B94.jpeg
    FCD2D324-F577-4D88-916E-22EA0ED37B94.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 228
  • D9ECF88A-6F79-4F13-B13A-2E755A8BD0C9.jpeg
    D9ECF88A-6F79-4F13-B13A-2E755A8BD0C9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 239
Sorry if this is off topic here, and this is likely covered in some other Y-Wing thread that I have found - do we know the old Floquil colors used for the yellow (I'm assuming Reefer Yellow?) and blue striping used on this model? I assume Reefer White is the base coat?

Dan

I really like the LED's from this place. If you check out the pre wired and the 4 chip LEDs you will see that the resistor is already in there. This in conjunction with an Omni Hill 12 V power source can supply a lot of your standard lighting. If you want flickering effects you will need something more elaborate, but for FO light supplies, engines, ambient lights etc this is a pretty simple set up. 12 V power, red positive, black negative some simple solder and your good to go.

https://www.oznium.com/

https://www.amazon.com/OMNIHIL-Extr...F8&qid=1512840042&sr=8-1&keywords=omnihil+12v

Hey Mike. When will the small extra parts for the Y kit ship? I don’t have mine yet.

Also, for illuminating just the engines I use a keychain flashlight and cemented it to the heat sinks, which can slide in or out of place.

Yours I am going to ship with the X and the DS parts all together

I have decided to add the Eaton R2 to the upgrade pack. It's closer to the ILM one for sure, you will need mod it a bit body wise to fit the Y but the head and upper body will look cooler with the Y

Hey Mike. When will the small extra parts for the Y kit ship? I don’t have mine yet.

Also, for illuminating just the engines I use a keychain flashlight and cemented it to the heat sinks, which can slide in or out of place.

Yes I stated to send some out then realized there was 1 more little part i needed to add, and now I am adding the Eaton ILM R2 to the package. I want to get all of them shipped by like Jan 1. Then I take a much needed break.

Hey Mike, may I ask if you ever sent out the update package? I sent you an email a week ago regarding the update parts and the additional parts that were missing from my particular kit but am still waiting for a reply. Would be nice to get an update or even better, the parts. ;) Thank you in advance!

Sorry, I can't seem to find your message for some reason. Resend just in case.

The short story is that I have been including the Y parts in all the shipments of the X wing kits for those who have both.

Almost all the X's are shipped and will start shipping to people on the list. Some I did already and some are taken care of in the x shipments.

I have been accumulating that last little bit and the Eaton R2's along the way so it's just a matter of getting them in the mail.

Hey Mike, may I ask if you ever sent out the update package? I sent you an email a week ago regarding the update parts and the additional parts that were missing from my particular kit but am still waiting for a reply. Would be nice to get an update or even better, the parts. ;) Thank you in advance!

Sorry, I can't seem to find your message for some reason. Resend just in case.

The short story is that I have been including the Y parts in all the shipments of the X wing kits for those who have both.

Almost all the X's are shipped and will start shipping to people on the list. Some I did already and some are taken care of in the x shipments.

I have been accumulating that last little bit and the Eaton R2's along the way so it's just a matter of getting them in the mail.

Thanks for the update Mike, email re-sent. :)

Hey Mike,

Any update on the parts?

Yes I stated to send some out then realized there was 1 more little part i needed to add, and now I am adding the Eaton ILM R2 to the package. I want to get all of them shipped by like Jan 1. Then I take a much needed break.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back