Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Why should a faceplate be thicker than 1,5mm? If 1,5 makes it a sharper pull, all hail to them.

I really hope it´s not just another soft pull looking sharp due to lightning only.

I know vacuforming, in small scale due to being a modeler, in big scale due to a friend who is one in charge at a big vacform company making mostly car parts like bumpers, dashboards and Truck cabin windshields (and i get my 1,5mm sheets via him :angel ). It´s really interesting to see it done right in big scale, instead on homemade equipment.

It gets thinner at some stretched places, but it´s only a plastic-costume helmet. Nothing that needs to hold a beating.

From DisneyWorldGram on Tumblr :

bcf44af8fe2f6518f62b495da556a13e.jpg

This is allegedly a demo for Anovos TK that are on sale at Disney's...

After studying this mask and the photo of the sample pull from Anovos I believe these are from the same source I think it looks pretty damn good you can see similar traits especially in the lower part of the left eye and in the winter and shape of the mouth

It seems to me because these will be such great quality people are starting to feel less special in there elite group. it will be awesome if these are used for the next film then all will be squashed. I'm just so happy I can be a real storm trooper now like gf and everyone else and I did not have to pay $2,000

dom da da dom da da dom da da dom (imperial music)

Last edited:
It seems to me because these will be such great quality people are starting to feel less special in there elite group. it will be awesome if these are used for the next film then all will be squashed. I'm just so happy I can be a real storm trooper now like gf and everyone else and I did not have to pay $2,000

Don't fool yourself though. Most 501st members have fantastic armor that won't be put to shame by this. However, this is one more option for people who want to buy TK armor. An easier, more accessible option for noobs like me and you. I have bought a few things from members here and on FISD and it's a bit usual at first to buy something through a message board. It went fine but I can relate as to why some people would rather order something like that through a more "official" channel...

Don't fool yourself though. Most 501st members have fantastic armor that won't be put to shame by this. However, this is one more option for people who want to buy TK armor. An easier, more accessible option for noobs like me and you. I have bought a few things from members here and on FISD and it's a bit usual at first to buy something through a message board. It went fine but I can relate as to why some people would rather order something like that through a more "official" channel...

:D i'm so excited i'm going sneak up behind 501 members at cons and photo bomb them. I have this I bought from a member and stated to work on it but is heavy made out of fiberglass

Lijkal5DEU6ilBmzXV509vvb9gPs8g-GDTObDM3hSqIKGqyWNs1IMIJQ7RaaLfmepm_te5MAekWYt-JXM9rO-tI_WsRGCLUTLGWipDbjEgwyHA37OJ_0cbnBjqboAoLJ_pID1v2X54SK7lILcRcE9l0B312XfUnlI-ZsBpFbmp-s2dwJYq4eqTo2rKSyT-9jeBwkKv0eZ7Yr62h_TmqGKDjlf4DI7-gqkk2ExCxmvry-NEghnJEShLtGhU4-WX2gIWnAQaaJZ3v0iT1Tbi8ggFNWpjGUzcxizr-Tj0yISTsoqEIo6S-cUbkV9Fwr9wO6DYkYiU5n6DFMPOQcxwGV-1W9coJS1KU9oiq9q5I3Ufci529aQLAGh-SY0gp-iuN2OS9crbmHjvVf7nJmWgvCA-BSAbz9avhSor1qjWz43SRBFXqa9EPZwccGfTUDNfUIPTDB4IE8Sm-IE2BOds73DDWZmbJdgjNrInF7AHY0fKtlGcEDbZeIAlby0vOJNbyQ4sySFX-HlXaIYokLdJVW0SBj8IBp2utOKOuoLgb0U1oX=w1327-h995-no

HHHMMMMMM.. some peolple need to start doing some homework

ROTJ (original)
Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.56.59 AM.png

Cyberpyrot's helmet
Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.53.23 AM.png

ANH (original)
Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.56.31 AM.png

I think its pretty clear.

Stupid question, I have a hard time understanding what screams ROTJ on that picture... I've read about differences from ANH to ROTJ, I just don't see it... Thoughts?

not sure it comes from same source or mold, the trim around eye on this one is thicker more consistent and this is more like 80-90 gauge plastic which looks better IMHO.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back