Star Wars Rebels Ezra Bridger/Imperial Cadet Helmet WIP

Here are some more shots of a finished Cadet helmet painted in the rank and file color scheme.

22205436325_0a915bd9b1_b.jpg

22017368940_22cab88efc_b.jpg

21584428713_e4bccf0246_b.jpg

22192736782_3aa0a69feb_b.jpg

Hi Fierfek!

I'm finishing my Cadet helmet this week or next week. It's painted and the black decals are applied.
Next is the color decals which in my case are Blue. The front logo was no problem at all, but I was wondering how you positioned the back and side decals so nicely? Did you use any specific measurements or something ? :)

Hi Fierfek!

I'm finishing my Cadet helmet this week or next week. It's painted and the black decals are applied.
Next is the color decals which in my case are Blue. The front logo was no problem at all, but I was wondering how you positioned the back and side decals so nicely? Did you use any specific measurements or something ? :)

Very good, I look forward to seeing it. Using reference pictures, I was able to determine the relative spacing. Each helmet deco pattern varies slightly in the placement due to the different shapes. However, the consistent shape from all of the patterns is the rectangular strip that goes in the back. I like to place it about 2.25" inches from the bottom and 4.25" inches from the side edges. From there, it should be easier to determine the placement of the rest of the decals relative to the position of the back.

Thank you ! Those two measurement really help a lot. I just drew some removable marks on the helmet and they check out ;) I'll post pictures when it's ready in the next few days ;)

I got a little bit delayed last couple of days. But the decals are in place and I just finished spray painting the matte clear coat. Just need to install the visor! Pictures coming soon! :D

So, here are the pictures! Sorry to keep you guys waiting :)
I did my best, it's not perfect but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Two points of positive criticism to Fierfek to make this helmet more screen accurate:
1. The two black decals on the front side of the dome should be a bit longer so they will curve over the edge.
2. I added two round pieces of ABS as to ressemble the hinges.
For both these points you need to have a close look at the reference photo's though :)

In my opinion this helmet is great, there were a lot of air bubbles in my dome though, but as with every helmet you know you need to sand a lot, that's what makes it fun ;)
As you can see I didn't follow Fierfek's assembly guide and glued the two parts together. When you create the two ''Hinges'' and together with the faceplate fitting nicely in the inside of the dome, you have some very strong glue points. However if you do it this way the positioning is very difficult.

As I said, Fierfek, this helmet kit is great and a nice quality item!

Hope you guys and Fierfek offcourse like how this baby turned out ;)

Last edited:
This looks awesome! Have you made any progress on the V2 design? I'd be interested in one if you're not too busy.
Yes, the prototypes are just about ready for molding. The only thing that I have yet to figure out is a viable accurate hinge mechanism that will still allow the helmet to be wearable. Otherwise, the V2 split mask would have to be attached with magnets as a modular non-mechanical design.
does the helmet open like on the show? These are fantastic!

Thanks, the V2 will when it's finished.

Interested in a V2, working mechanism would be really cool. Maybe something you lever with your thumb whilst touching the side (like in the show) but I'm sure you've got ideas already :p

Interested in a V2, working mechanism would be really cool. Maybe something you lever with your thumb whilst touching the side (like in the show) but I'm sure you've got ideas already :p

Yes, I was thinking of using a reed switch with magnets. Maybe I'll make an accurate working mechanism for display purposes only because I don't see an accurate motorized helmet being wearable. The mask portion in the animation appears to intersect with and disappear into the head. Still, I think there's a possibility of it working with the right suspension system and altered angle of incline.

If anyone else has any ideas or thoughts concerning this mechanism, feel free to post them.

I'm just a few years late, but is this still going? Otherwise, I want to know if anyone else has a 3D model for this helmet that doesn't cost a ton of money, unlike others I have found. The V2 sounds really cool...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back