Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
There was an article linked to by myself earlier in this thread that dissected the RT audience score. Essentially
94% of the rotten audience score submissions were by one time only voters. Meaning an awful lot (or a few) of (new?) people signed up to post a bad score, which indicates spamming. Also, someone claimed that they had created a bot whose job was to create negative reviews for TLJ on RT.
We all know the flaws with the RT system, a better indicator is cinemascore, which does not allow anonymous votes.

I'm sure glad I don't decide which movies to see based on other peoples opinions. Those sites are a joke!

I don't understand why people are saying there is nothing for a 3rd act. We still have Kylo vs Rey and a First Order that can take over the galaxy now that the New Republic is gone. Sounds like plenty to me.

Because the way TLj ended restricts Ep9 to rethread Jedi. Pretty much all mysteries from TFA are resolved one way or another and no character arcs are really left unresolved unless anyone is interested in Finn and Rose’s romance. There’s nothing really to look forward to, the only logical way without jumping the shark would be Resistance needs to shoot First Order with lasers and Rey needs to lightsaber down Kylo Ren. If it was like Indiana Jones where evry film is an adventure of its own it would be fine to keep up the status quo but it’s not, these are connected. And no I don’t mean that TLJ should have rethread the ending of Empire but the middle of a three-piece act should not close down routes without opening new ones. Empire had “we gotta get Han back from Jabba”, and “Luke just learned something terrible that made them and us question a lot of things”, BTTF2 had the Doc stranded in the Old West and Marty’s chicken-problem/car accident subplot, Dead Man’s Chest had Jack eaten by the Kraken, Barbossa coming back from the dead, etc...

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are saying there is nothing for a 3rd act. We still have Kylo vs Rey and a First Order that can take over the galaxy now that the New Republic is gone. Sounds like plenty to me.

Except that we've seen Rey vs Ren in TFA, and she won, and in TLJ they had a bit of a standstill. In ROTJ, from a story point - we didn't think Luke could take them on - or at least were shown nothing that implied he had much of a chance. In this, there's nothing that really says Kylo should win at all.

As for the FO, if i was a member, and saw he was in charge, i'd be jumping ship. A leader he is not.

Had Snoke, knock the crap out of both of them and they had escaped with their lives - then, that's a potentially compelling third act. Rey vs Ren? is not. They basically showed in both flicks that FO members were afraif of Ren because he couldn't control himself and was a hothead, not because they feared him as a leader.

The only thing we've seen Ren do successfully - is kill Snoke when his guard was down. that's it. Everything else, he's basically failed at. His first scene made him look like a compelling villain, but the last 4 hours of move say otherwise. It's almost like saying the superbowl would be a compelling game if it was the Saints vs Cleveland. Just no.

Now we have people who say the film was too focused on female characters?????? Seriously? It wasn't too focused on male characters in 1-6 when the only real female characters of note were Padme and Leia? You can't have it one way and complain about the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, because there won't be a large drop off when you have the 2nd biggest 1st weekend draw of all time. :rolleyes That is a pretty ridiculous take on it in that story.

Kylo only looks like a failure because we see him go up against our heroes and lose. From discussion in the movie he is know as one of the reasons the FO is so feared.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/945784443964309505

Just a couple more examples (from today!) of Hamill saying he was wrong wrong wrong when he INITIALLY was put off after reading the script the 1st time. For those that continue to post otherwise.

Except that we've seen Rey vs Ren in TFA, and she won, and in TLJ they had a bit of a standstill.

Kylo had been severely wounded when he and Rey faced each other in TFA. Rey didn't beat him because she was inherently better, she won because she was facing an emotionally compromised person who had been shot with, arguably, one of those most powerful hand blasters in Star Wars lore.

I don't have an answer, but am curious if others feel Rey changed as character at the end of this movie as opposed to TFA.

I don't have an answer, but am curious if others feel Rey changed as character at the end of this movie as opposed to TFA.

I feel like in TFA and much of TLJ, Rey felt she was owed answers. First, an answer about her parents. Then an answer about the Force. She was basically just waiting.

By the end of TLJ, she learned to stop waiting for something to happen to her or relying on the notion of someone telling her what her story should be, but rather forging it herself.

Indeed. Kudo`s to you for commenting on that aspect. Seriously.

Honestly, once I got to that part I couldn't read any more. Anyone who would do something like that is an obvious hack and has lost all sense of perspective. What a completely tasteless and trashy thing to do. He could've later gone on to make the best point about the movie ever, but I doubt it.

https://youtu.be/9QJRw56cOVw

Yes. I AGREE 100%. This reviewer expresses exactly why I HATE this film and rank it the WORST Star Wars film, or any major blockbuster EVER! (Rose = Shrek Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't a review... That was a comedy routine by a millennial trying to be funny, with a fake British accent, & grown up swearing, in order to get YouTube hits.

I respect your opinion of the movie (although I don't share it in the least), & I totally respect your right to share your opinion here, but the fact you single out the joke about Kelly Marie Tran looking like Shrek, something that has nothing to do with either the plot, acting, or movie itself, & is a direct attack on either the way she looks or her weight, that alone lessens the value of your opinion & any respect I had for you or it.

Bad form.

Well, If like you said, if it was all a big joke, then his Rose = Shrek Joke worked and I was LOL.

But then you can copy everything he said and make it a review of the movie by me! 100%! Everything he said was true. WTF! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E7-8 (& 9). Disney reboot of the OT. Mary Sue and a Vader wannabe. Kill off beloved OT heroes. RESISTANCE vs First Order. Visual feel of OT restored. Established EU cannon essentially trash-canned.

I am more and more coming to the conclusion that the continued attempt to brand Rey a Mary Sue suggests a deeply flawed understanding of what the concept of a Mary Sue actually is.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back