1/72 TIE Defender

Dobber

This is the Kessel Run Kit but using Bandai cockpit ball.

3yBhQne.jpg

WoITmUI.jpg

o0JGvzT.jpg

UoIfYhE.jpg

UuAt2Im.jpg

VN2kG3I.jpg

LyrFlJX.jpg

Size comparison between the small solid kit provided ball and the modified Bandai ball.

2yCa04U.jpg

Chris

Sorry , that looks sweet !
Wasn’t sure what I was looking at , at first . My initial thought was that you’d combined parts from a couple of existing ( Bandai ) tie kits to build this one !. Didn’t realise there’s a resin (?) kit out there ! Was there much modifying involved ?

:cheersGed

Lol, thanks guys it was approaching the drop to page 2 point on this page so I was getting disappointed.
gedmac66, I just used a Bandai TIE Interceptor kit. Needed to cut off the the arms from the side of the cockpit ball and a portion of the rear hatch. Then it was just a matter of filing in the gaps on the sides of the ball. The resin kits tri-arm structure will cover the back.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. Very nicely done.
Nice to see something different.

Not many replies because it's not a PG Milllionofthem Falcyawn.

Very nice.
I generally paint my Tie's Tamiya haze grey - was this a Vallejo paint mix? as I was thinking when I get around to interceptor maybe going a little lighter.

Looks great. Very nicely done.
Nice to see something different.

Not many replies because it's not a PG Milllionofthem Falcyawn.

lol, was thinking the same thing!

Very nice.
I generally paint my Tie's Tamiya haze grey - was this a Vallejo paint mix? as I was thinking when I get around to interceptor maybe going a little lighter.

The Hull color is just Testors Model Master Acryl Light Gray straight from the bottle. Then just a light wash with gray oils.

Very nice. Like blakeh1, I'm not too interested in EU variants either, but I believe this one was featured in "Rebels", which makes it canon enough for me.

Nice execution and classy stand.

I've never really been a fan of most EU tie variants, but you have sold me on this one.

Excellent job!

Very nice. Like blakeh1, I'm not too interested in EU variants either, but I believe this one was featured in "Rebels", which makes it canon enough for me.

Nice execution and classy stand.

Thanks guys, and yes the Defender is now Canon as it is in Rebels. The new Incredible Crosssections book for TLJ also mention it as being used by the First Order and its tech is what led to the TIEsf and Silencer.

Chris

Between your build and the fact it's in Rebels, I'm half tempted to try scratching one myself. It might look good next to the Interceptor with the red stripe, also seen in Rebels.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back