First Time Cosplayer/FoamSmith WIP (Yes I'm Fat) [Pic Heavy]

I'm trying to decide if i should add anymore Red to the armor to pop the colors more. I was thinking of painting the black mesh on the helmet red, but a friend mentioned to paint the cross on the helmet red. Not sure which one to do. Thoughts anyone?

Not that this is who you're going for, but since I mentioned it, I like the subtle amount of red on Darth Baras's outfit:

ke8zqrA.jpg

A hint of red is always cool on Sith. I like the idea of red on the helmet. The cross might be too Crusadery, but it would look cool. If you avoided white on any of it you'd probably be good.

-Rog

if the foam armour for the boots will be similar to shin guards, why not just attach straps to the shin than use either buckles or velcro or snaps. armor looks great ! keep it up!

Some great advice ... that's how Vader's shins are attached as well :)

Chaim

Not that this is who you're going for, but since I mentioned it, I like the subtle amount of red on Darth Baras's outfit:

http://i.imgur.com/ke8zqrA.jpg

A hint of red is always cool on Sith. I like the idea of red on the helmet. The cross might be too Crusadery, but it would look cool. If you avoided white on any of it you'd probably be good.

-Rog

Yes i agree, the few pieces of red do give it a nice subtle contrast. I think i will try some stuff out tonight on the mask and see what i can come up with. I found a video online of someone who painted the cross on their helmet, and while I'm not a big fan of green and gold as colors that go together, i must say that the painted cross does give it some goof flare.

Some great advice ... that's how Vader's shins are attached as well :)

Chaim

Thanks for the help you two. I will keep this in mind once i start attaching everything and fitting it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Red cross complete. Feeling really good about this helmet modification. Now it just needs more time to Dry before i do some weathering over the red cross.

MNIkbSu.jpg

Wow great stuff man! I love seeing build threads. I wish I had the talent.

Thanks man! But im sure with enough time and patients anyone can do this stuff. I tried to do the pepakura with fiberglass once before but it was extremely messy and hard to work with. The foam is a lot easier to form and manipulate and with a proper paint job it seems to look just as good. Im not so great at detailing yet but i think with enough practice you too could be good at it. :D

Update: Found these old pair of shoes that are beat up and dirty. Wife begged me to get rid of them, but i knew they would come in handy one day. I just need to vacuum them and clean them up a little. I think that i can convert these puppies into some interesting looking boots with enough foam.

Before:dwSBjVU.jpg

After:tOvISgw.jpg

Edit: Also these shoes will be extremely comfortable to walk in because they are so broke in its ridiculous.

Took a break last night. Been staying up until 12am every day working on this stuff had me pretty wore out. Decided to go to bed at 6 pm and Sleep for 13 hours.With that being said i did take a pic of what the chest armor and helmet look like on me with their new red accents added. Here it is.

a7AgIZF.jpg

First part of the right boot done. Not much detailing on it yet. I plan on adding some more detailing after i get the left boot at a similar point. Also thinking of adding some more red accents to the abdomen part of the armor to compliment the rest of them.

FnPteM2.jpgBIFfUBS.jpgQIJREQY.jpgOuRjPZ6.jpg

Ok so after much frustration with these damn boots i have finally settled on this design. I'm about 3/4 of the way done with this boot. Ill make the next one after i complete this one fully.

lVOCOiO.jpgH8dRbGm.jpgBd8iVDw.jpg

So my actual lightsaber doesn't have sound in it. I didn't want to fork out the extra 100$ for the sound card. When i first got my lightsaber everyone really liked it but asked where the sound was. Earlier today my brother sends me this link of his kid and his 3$ "Space Sword" from walmart. Apparently it sounds on, off, clashes, and swooshes and just strait up sounds really good. I was thinking of getting a few and gutting them for the sound card, then beefing them up with a better speaker. What do you guys think? I mean, really... 100$ vs 3$. what could go wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back