Re-Building MPC Vincent kit

leyrich

Welcome all Black Hole fans and collectors alike

I found him on ebay and he is in bad shape but not for long $_57.jpg

DSC00217.JPGDSC00221.JPGDSC00218.JPGDSC00219.JPGDSC00220.JPGvincent2.jpgH3257-L450619481.jpgH3257-L45061949.jpgvincent.jpg

I am not sure how I will do the top cap yet ?? :confused

Last edited:
Hi ... depending on the size of the figure ... you could try a 'found piece' to start scratching the top further ... such as a medicine bottle cap or any plastic cap with the basic size and or basic shape and then add magic sculpt or any 2 part epoxy on top of that to finish to finally reach the correct shape :)

Chaim

I am not sure if its just the images, but in the first image the dome (head) looks a bit more clear than it does in the other images. It could also be the lighting in your house that is making it look more solid. However, he is looking good so far. Great Job leyrich!

One of my favourite SF-films. I'll be following this thread with great interest. I bought an unbuilt kit in the 90s for quite some money as twas them days before ebay. Ironically with ebays new shipping "service", it has become so damned expensive that buying the old fashioned way might be less expensive.

Hi all well I went with my top for Vincent head the one that came with this kit look funny to me so I mead one from a PVC 2in cap.DSC00257.JPGDSC00267.JPGDSC00269.JPGDSC00271.JPGThank you for looking :D

Last edited:
Your rebuild is coming along nicely -- I like that you are also doing the lasers in the acrylic and with your lights it will look perfect.

vincent color guide.gif

Here is a copy of a paint color guide for you -- I think this is what they used when they made the mindstyle versions a few years ago.

Later

Oslm

Your rebuild is coming along nicely -- I like that you are also doing the lasers in the acrylic and with your lights it will look perfect.

View attachment 515437

Here is a copy of a paint color guide for you -- I think this is what they used when they made the mindstyle versions a few years ago.

Later

Oslm

Thanks for the paint guide yea the lasers will look cool when lite up.:thumbsup

Looking great.
Now for the next level: drill out the center of the eyes inside the rim, some very thin smoked acrylic, and behind that many superfine strands of photo-optic fiber connected to red flickering LEDs and you have V.I.N.C.E.N.T. show that he is sending E.S.P.-messages to Dr. Kate: "Get out of there at once. You're in mortal danger! Dr. Reinhard is dangerously insane".

Vincent is looking good leyrich! Keep up the awesome work. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Something tells me we will be going on a little road trip for paint for Vincent LOL.

Vincent is looking good leyrich! Keep up the awesome work. :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Something tells me we will be going on a little road trip for paint for Vincent LOL.
My E.S.P tells me esp.jpgyou might be right .lol :D

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back