Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

Where would be the best place to but a button on the kylo Ren saber?

If any exist that are small enough, you could try getting one on the back of the saber underneath the screw hole - looks like it wouldn't take much to drill a hole through there. Otherwise probably where guabe has put his, on the bottom in the recessed area.

Also: how has everyone else gone about adding the external red wire? I'm thinking of somehow making the end of the wire in the exposed area of the emitter and the screw in the emitter pull out when I need to unscrew the body, but I'd rather them not pop out when in use!

Also also: very happy with the model, guabe and Sni9er!! My print is extraordinary thanks to shapeways - just hoping to score a couple of those transparent spikes! Going about affixing my clip from Sni9er now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I put mine I had to put a whole in the emitter body and the coupler, I just made sure to position it high enough that I didn't damage the threads and glued the switch in with hot glue in case I want to take it completely apart some day.

Is there a tutorial out there on how to build a crossguard saber like gucabe's kylo Ren saber? I'm new and I want to build one sooner or later.

HAHAHA

the oficial nickname should be GUCABE, GUstavo CAnales BEnavides but when i created my RPF account i mistakenly ommited the C LOL.. and at that time it was really hard to get an RPF account so I became GUABE LOL

Been following this thread for a couple of weeks while I finished my last project and researched the multitude of routes to saber making - and this definitely seems to be the most accurate and straightforward method!

Gucabe - I'm a little new to 3D printing so messaged you on shapeways as well. Assuming you're still able to share your amazing design is it possible for you to send/link it to me so I could get one printed through shapeways? Or whatever method you recommend!
Sni9er - I'll definitely be getting one of your cast buckles. Would you recommend getting your saber clip through shapeways or direct from you? How resilient are the saber clips to regular use?

Many thanks both!

Is there clear crossguard spikes on shapeways?
I found a momentary switch converter to latching on tcss and was wondering whether that switch that comes with it can be used to be the on and off button

Last edited:
Not on Shapeways I don't believe, I had my spikes done in clear PLA through a local guy. I had the 4 parts of the main saber printed through shapeways. The spikes and blade plugs were printed locally.

Are there an option for the clear acrylic spikes on shapeways?

I may or may not have broken that option when I ordered my saber.... Shapeways had them in production, then it went back to processing, then I got an email saying they couldn't print the spikes (in trans. acrylic) and refunded me. Hasn't looked like they've been able to fix it since..

[EDIT]: don't suppose anyone has an idea on when there might be some more igniter 2's in stock?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back