Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

I agree Simple? Was going to ask about it if I ever get a 3d printer. Suposse it wouldn't hurt to ask about the cost.
Darkside501. Can you pm me the cost for 3d print files. I do have access to a printer very limited access.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah - the cost of the file will be the thing for me too, but it looks like a LOT of work went into it so I don't expect it to be cheap.

I have access to a couple of printers, but all have small print beds, so it would be a cut-print-glue job for me.

C

Thank you all. I am glad that everyone is please with the final model. I have a few PMs so I will check those and get with the members that are asking for the 3D model.

Mike is awesome that you have finished the model, i can't wait to see the files ready for 3d printing ^^
it took time but the result are impresive CONGRATULATIONS MAN!!!

Last edited:
JFcustom is unfolding them for foam right now. I will probably need somebody to unfold for Pep builds. I will warn you now... I am picky and will want to see some of your previous work before starting on the Mk VII build. I may ask you to unfold parts in a certain way and could even ask for a part to be changed after the fact so if anyone wants to do that and is willing to put up with me then send me a PM with some links to some of your unfolds.

Why can't i open the helmet file in pep designer. It's too small for my head and im not even that big headed :p
but seriously is there a way to change the scale on it?

The helmet file is locked. However, there are several different sizes uploaded in the link. You have to use the tester file to find out what scale you need and then download the helmet file in that scale from the link.

Dark Matter :) hello , I want to congratulate you for your work in the meantime , then I wanted to ask because I read that you need to do so , to have the pepakura of " .98 Iron Man Helmet MkVII by Darkside501st.pdo " in pepakura designer " because now it only opens with the viewer and dovre change the depth of it take to get all the helmets scaled you posted on the blog there 'it is my depth
Thank you and I hope you will answer me

Dark Matter :) hello , I want to congratulate you for your work in the meantime , then I wanted to ask because I read that you need to do so , to have the pepakura of " .98 Iron Man Helmet MkVII by Darkside501st.pdo " in pepakura designer " because now it only opens with the viewer and dovre change the depth of it take to get all the helmets scaled you posted on the blog there 'it is my depth
Thank you and I hope you will answer me

The file is locked so you can't open it in Pep Designer. I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do though. There are several sizes that have already been uploaded and you should use the tester file in Pep Designer to figure out what scale you need to build then download the full helmet in that scale.

I will be sharing it for pep and foam building and I sell the model for 3D printing.

I have not yet built a suit for myself but I will encounter the same issue. I will make the height of the legs match my own and try to keep them as slender as possible so they appear to be less stocky. This model is an exact replica of the movie scale model. So some artistic license will have to be taken... a costume will have a bigger head and probably look a bit stockier on most people. Although, you could build a statue that looked like it walked right off the screen. ;)

Thank you all for the kind words. I know it has been a long journey and I appreciate the patience and the continued support. I am glad I was able to finally get it done. I will keep you updated on the unfolding.

Nicely done there! -Almost- time to built it !
Just a question .. There will be a separate file for an accurate 1:1 build for scrren scale ?

If you scale all the files the same then they will come out at a 1:1 scale. You should make the suit about 6ft tall to match the movie scale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back