New alternative for Solo Blaster

Hey guys, long time lurker and noob prop collector here. Just pre-ordered one of these bad boys today and spent all day (at work, LOL) perusing this thread as well as others. Super excited to be getting one of these. While I'm not much of a prop collector, I have always wanted a decent DL-44. Lots of great stuff in here, you guys are all very talented. I've got a couple things in mind for upgrades when I get mine. One thing I'd really like to do is upgrade to real wood grips. I've seen quite a few online, can anyone suggest a good source that will fit this gun?

Hey guys, long time lurker and noob prop collector here. Just pre-ordered one of these bad boys today and spent all day (at work, LOL) perusing this thread as well as others. Super excited to be getting one of these. While I'm not much of a prop collector, I have always wanted a decent DL-44. Lots of great stuff in here, you guys are all very talented. I've got a couple things in mind for upgrades when I get mine. One thing I'd really like to do is upgrade to real wood grips. I've seen quite a few online, can anyone suggest a good source that will fit this gun?

Post number 240 in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Trooper_trent! Not sure how I missed that. So you just have to modify the inside "step" of the grips to fit?

Yes, the step on the grips is a bit too large to fit in the handle. So place the grips where they should go and trace around the inside of the handle. Then I just used a dremel to knock off the excess until they snapped into place.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I'm still waiting on mine to ship but just trying to get all my ducks in a row now. Already planning on getting the grill replacement from shapeways and cutting the notch in the range finder adjustment knob...and of course weathering it up and adding wood grips. Also trying to sort out a good display stand.

Hello! Coming out of the lurking shadows for my 1st post, which is to ask:

Does anyone know if the Evike AW Custom will fit in the ANOVOS Han Solo holster?

Thanks.

Looks like Evike has these in stock! It's no longer listed as a pre-order. No shipping notice yet...can't stop refreshing my order page though LOL.

Hello! Coming out of the lurking shadows for my 1st post, which is to ask:

Does anyone know if the Evike AW Custom will fit in the ANOVOS Han Solo holster?

Thanks.

I'm sure it will. If the holster is constructed properly it should fit a denix, MGC or airsoft like a glove. This is my airsoft TFA blaster in a "the costume base" holster. If it fits this holster then it should fit the ANOVOS without question.
7e8cf388c3381e25c7e262afdac981c8.jpg

Chubs, what are your thoughts on that holster? I was checking them out and the are very reasonably priced. How is the quality? Is that the real leather one? It looks like real leather. Did you get the droid caller and greeblies from Costume Base as well?

Chubs, what are your thoughts on that holster? I was checking them out and the are very reasonably priced. How is the quality? Is that the real leather one? It looks like real leather. Did you get the droid caller and greeblies from Costume Base as well?

I don't think it's real leather but I could be wrong. Droid caller comes with it but no belt greeblies. It's solid and affordable. Not sure of its life span or how well it holds up over time as I generally only wear around the house when the wife's not home [emoji851]

I did a modification thread on this rig. It's a build thread similar to the other one you've seen. Here is a link if interested. Hopefully it's helpful and answers some of your questions..

Holster Rig "The Costume Base" Modification

Last edited:
I don't think it's real leather but I could be wrong. Droid caller comes with it but no belt greeblies. It's solid and affordable. Not sure of its life span or how well it holds up over time as I generally only wear around the house when the wife's not home [emoji851]

I did a modification thread on this rig. It a build thread similar to the other one you've seen. Here is a link if interested. Hopefully it's helpful and answers some of your questions..

Holster Rig "The Costume Base" Modification

Billy Ray, I have the same rig from Costume Base. It's a nice cheap alternative, but it's not real leather. So, some false advertising on their part. I found this out as I was trying to strip the color from the belt. What resulted was this little surprise:

IMG_5368.JPG

So, if you apply some acetone to the surface, it will loosen the vinyl/plastic coating and you can gradually peel it all off. At least on the belt part. I haven't tried this method on the holster. So, I still intend to change the color, but I'll be painting over it with leather paints to achieve the proper brown. Luckily, I won't have to use this for my Han Solo costume this year, as I was able to get the Anovos rig. It's just about perfect.

BTW, thanks for link, chubs. That will be very helpful for my blaster and belt mods.

Great to know your blaster shipped. As a tip in putting it together, the horizontal scope mount only slides on from one direction. There is an almost imperceptible difference in thickness. If it doesn't slide on all the way from one side don't force it!!! Flip it and you will be good. I can add pics if needed.

That would be helpful. I'm not really sure what you mean by the "horizontal scope mount". I have watched a few videos of people assembling it. Kind of funny that a lot of them put the flash hider on upside down.

Sure. Some people have complained about their scope mount being jammed on the horizontal bar that mounts to the guns frame. This is the part with the dovetail mount that the scope mount slides onto. It can only slid on from one side as the shape of the dove mount tapers. How you mount the horizontal bar to the frame will determine which side your scope will slide on from over the dovetail.

This is the dovetail mount. Its thicker on right end than the left.
0724170816.jpg

It slides on from the left.
0724170816a.jpg

Slide on to this point and secure with the thumb screw.
0724170817.jpg

It's to thick to slide on from this end.
0724170817a.jpg

If you slide it on too far it will jam. If you find these pieces jammed like this when your gun arrives, knock them apart with plastic screw driver handles or rubber hammer.
0724170818.jpg

So I received my blaster yesterday...totally blown away by how cool this thing is! I can't put it down LOL I seriously carried it around with me all night

So I received my blaster yesterday...totally blown away by how cool this thing is! I can't put it down LOL I seriously carried it around with me all night

I haven't purchased this blaster just yet but having a 1:1 DL-44 in ur hand is quite addictive indeed. Careful as the addiction grows and there are many more models of this awesome replica available.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back