Greedo killer scope rings

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello there,
I have a specific question concerning the rings holding the compac scope on the greedo killer.
I know of the chronicles photos of the prop:
37218303995_376e10f98c_k.jpg

and I know that the scope attachment differs from the one in the movie.
My question is, do we have better evidence than the next picture for the scope rings?
star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-5832_2.jpg

I saw that all the screenacurate replicas here were using the same kind of weaver rings and I just bought some vintage ones matching that shape, picture courtesy of scottjua:
001.jpg

the thing is that on the snap from the movie, I see a line just on top of the thumwheels and two white dots that could also be two small screws. How do we know those are actually the same shape as the weaver mounts used by us? this could be something more like the ones from the chronicle picture no?
I'm very sorry if this has an explanation somewhere, I couldn't find it and i'm a bit confused about those scope rings now.
thanks a lot for your help :)

The screen one used the high or mid mount...where the join seam is above the thumbwheels. I used and many people use the low mount, because the high and mid looks doofy as heck.

thank you very much for your answer Scott :) I think I get it.
so this picture is the only evidence that we have for the screen used gun I'm guessing. there is no way to even be sure that the thumbwheels are correct or even their orientation then I guess.
I'll try to do photoshop comparisons tomorrow for the height position of the scope even if it's kind of hard to tell the barrel of the gun on the movie still.
thanks again.

The screen one used the high or mid mount...where the join seam is above the thumbwheels. I used and many people use the low mount, because the high and mid looks doofy as heck.

Have a comparsion of the three heights?

Scott, I did a quick photoshop with one of your build with the movie height, to see what it would look like. Should I post it? I'm also interested if you have comparisons :)

interesting! thanks!
you didn't say if I could post my quick photoshop mockup so people can see what the look of the blaster would be ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back