Solo: A Star Wars Story - Mud Trooper Discussion

So, that mag pouch is an off the rack Yugo M56 mag
otjYcz0

Last edited:
Minor thought on the design.

The mag pouches should be on his left shoulder since he is holding the blaster right handed.
The pouches may interfere with setting the butt-stock to his shoulder.

But, I can an officer version of this uniform looking great with jodhpurs.

I've never really liked any clone/imperial armor enough make (except the Scout armor, Coming within the next few years), but this very well may sway my mindset. I wanna do more research and back history on the design but everything is riddled with Spoiler ribbons. At least the internet has some form of decency. Two More Weeks...

FYI
ab18d3ca321d07dcee00115d63e82447.png

I know the Facebook page has loads of this already, just thought I’d add on here [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts in spoiler tags, since they reference events in the film to flesh them out

So, do we know where the mud troopers fit in the military structure of the "new Disney cannon"? By old EU standards, they'd definitely be one of the first Imperial Army infantry that we've seen on screen (besides black clad officers, and the occasional Walker pilot), since Han definitely didn't go through the storm trooper academy before being assigned as a mud trooper, and the fact they're being used as imperial cannon fodder, not as elite troops like stormies "would be". But the whole "Storm troopers are a separate branch of elite soldiers" thing is never brought up in any of the films, so is that gone, and storm troopers are now just "imperial infantry" also?

Be a shame if they were, I kind of like the direction they're going where that armored torso, and flared helmet would be the marks of Imperial Army infantry, where as the full body armor with the "skull faced" helmets would be the hallmark or the Imperial storm troopers.

Strikerkc, that's been my stance for pretty much ever.
Veers was Imperial Army and, as during the Clone Wars, Stormtroopers only ever go as high as the broad rank range of "Commander", which covers everything from about Lieutenant Colonel to about Brigadier General in responsibility, but they're commanded by non-Stormtrooper Generals. Everyone seen with a Stormtrooper helmet -- pilots, AT-AT Drivers... -- all Stormtroopers. They're the Marines. I have no problem with them being in the same firebases or in the same trenches. In the fog of war (literally, on Mimban), you don't much care where you end up as long as it's with friendlies. Unit cohesion is managed via comlinks and HUDs. Han being handed off to those Stormtroopers to be fed to The Beast also works, as Marines tend to fill an MP role, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back