Jaycvenlo's The Dark Knight (rises) costume build Thread.

The cowl is good. but as you said its not a direct fit. i trimmed a lot as well but still its very tight around the eyes. im trying to make it more comfortable, but its hard.
i am considering trying out the Cowl Kevin sells.
QUOTE]

I had the same issues with several DK cowls, I got one of Kevins and it fits perfectly!

Cowl nr. 2
Much better fit. even needed padding.
IMG_9973.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Pants are also almost done!! :)
Slowly reaching the final fase...IMG_9998.jpgIMG_9999.jpg

What do you mean by old fashioned?

A little old fashioned, but that’s alright. [emoji6]

That’s a great looking suit you’ve pieced together! What next?

Whats next? i am not fully done yet. First finishing this on and wear in during carneval next week :)
The rest is written in the stars.

What do you mean by old fashioned?
The famous Rod Stewart song:
”you wear it well, a little old-fashioned but that’s alright....”
. Sorry, I saw momtysaurus’ comment and couldn’t help myself.

Whats next? i am not fully done yet. First finishing this on and wear in during carneval next week [emoji4]
The rest is written in the stars.
Ah, I meant more in terms of what’s the next piece for this suit. My bad, I should have worded it better. :p

Ahh no problem.. just didnt know that song.
Next i am working on the neckpiece. i have my tailor make one and now i need the rubber pieces on it.
I still have a few pieces left to glue on the pants as well.
Next tuesday my cape will be ready and we will be attaching it, so probably the entire suit will be ready next tuesday. i am very excited!

The famous Rod Stewart song:
”you wear it well, a little old-fashioned but that’s alright....”
. Sorry, I saw momtysaurus’ comment and couldn’t help myself.

Ah, I meant more in terms of what’s the next piece for this suit. My bad, I should have worded it better. :p

i had a neck mesh collar made that fitted my neck perfectly. Then i put on the mannequin and glued the pieces on.
First the pieces next to the zipper to line up perfectly, then the front V shape and then worked my way with the 3 straps towards the front.
Cutted them on lenght and glued them a little under the V.

Great to see it coming together so nicely! Nice job on the neck glue up! Did you glue it up while wearing it, or while on a mannequin?

Live in action! Looks soo cool with black eye shadow.. And the reactions of the kids.. al worth the effort.
First time i wore the costume.. 9 hours in a row. Quite the challenge i must say.
Even had some people telling me i actually look like Bale in the mask. Great compliment of course. :)

3fb05930-307c-41f1-bc90-ddc329e8f265.JPG
8c25d571-097d-4f9b-8ed5-b2cf3ba3095b.JPG72886274-a650-4cb0-99f7-1bfed3179593.JPGfbd6f89a-e2b3-4ff0-bc6a-bc73fa79bf7d.JPG

The base kit is from GCFX (really not so bad as people claim. i realliy love the pieces even if they do need some finetuning)
I am about 1.76cm tall and weight about 75kg.. just to give an idea about the proportions.

I will start from head to tow.

- Mask: i have is from a ebay user who had i lying around. origins unknown. (i also still have the new coofunkcurly mask)
- Neck: i bought the neckpiece from Tigerstone FX and had my tailor make a custom mesh collar with zipper where i glued the piece on
- Chest/Shoulders: GCFX, but i added some reinforcements foam velcro etc. to make it better.
- Cape: completly custom made by my tailor. I draw the pattern and she made it out of Velvet fabric and some shiny type fabric for the inside. it is mounted with snap-on clips and velcro.
- Undersuit: 2 piece. Top with zipper on the back and pants. Both black jersey fabric with polyester mesh sewn on top. All custom of course
- Belt: rubies toy belt wich i completly modified. Repainted reinforced.
- Boots: Gotham boots wich i had made tighter by a shoemaker to fit better.
- Gauntlets are from Makeitmike... maybe the best onces out there at the moment.
-Gloves are Airsoft gloves with CF inserts.

ps. for those interested, i am thinking about selling it. PM me if your interested.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back