Kung Fury

Ridiculously fun movie. I just wish it was little longer cause technically due to its time duration it doesn't qualify as a feature film, but is a short film. Here is hoping they make a longer sequel.

I loved it,.....because its so short,....you can watch it 3 times over to make it the duration of a normal movie:D

J

Saw five minutes of this and hated it. I understand what they're going for, I get it, but use of cg and green-screen for the entirety of the movie? C'mon. If you're gonna do 80's retro schlock-homages, do it with the technology that was available.

You can't have your cake and eat it, too!

I thougt it was fun but looked way too much like a cut scene from a videogame to be a tribute to the eighties. Stuff like what LukaFilm is doing here, well, that's the way to do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I promised to tell a little about my involvement in Kung Fury.

I got involved at the end phase of the filming, and was introduced by a VFX artist who LOVES practical effects. So David really wanted to do something practical, because he is from the digital world and didn't really know much about that.

Me and my team did the exploding truck when Kung Fury kicks the Red ninja into it and it explodes, so that was a miniature with real gasoline mortars inside! And we did the New York street, where the Arcade robot slide along with Kung Fury punching him on top.
The digital company who did all the digital effects have done a great breakdown of these two shoots.

You can see it here:

[video=vimeo;130881621]https://vimeo.com/130881621[/video]

I also did a bunch of weaponry, like Barbarians minigun. :)

I got the impression that David loved practical effects after they had been at my studio and filmed all these shoots, so lets hope there is much more in the feature if/when it comes.

Ok, I promised to tell a little about my involvement in Kung Fury.

I got involved at the end phase of the filming, and was introduced by a VFX artist who LOVES practical effects. So David really wanted to do something practical, because he is from the digital world and didn't really know much about that.

Me and my team did the exploding truck when Kung Fury kicks the Red ninja into it and it explodes, so that was a miniature with real gasoline mortars inside! And we did the New York street, where the Arcade robot slide along with Kung Fury punching him on top.
The digital company who did all the digital effects have done a great breakdown of these two shoots.

You can see it here:

https://vimeo.com/130881621

I also did a bunch of weaponry, like Barbarians minigun. :)

I got the impression that David loved practical effects after they had been at my studio and filmed all these shoots, so lets hope there is much more in the feature if/when it comes.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup I didn't "read" those as practical effects when I saw the movie. Must be the layering that makes it look so much like CGI...

The plan is for the feature film to premiere this year, its going to be a crazy ride!
It was super short of time to build all the hero props, but the props was just ridiculously awesome. I can't wait until it is out for all the fans!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back