New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

Can someone break down the differences between the 1st run Starkiller V2 and this one? I mean in design... I understand the construction and the FX aspects, but in what ways is this run more accurate? Is it taller?

Can someone break down the differences between the 1st run Starkiller V2 and this one? I mean in design... I understand the construction and the FX aspects, but in what ways is this run more accurate? Is it taller?

shazaaaam!!

attachment.php

pervious run on left, new and improved on right

I think that's what this thread is for.

Every detail, from the grip ring thickness, depth, bevels on all parts of the saber, emitter design, etc. it's all brought to almost exact specs. Try reading through the thread.

This part between the space in the neck,is that solid or a threaded piece showing?

Attachments

• IMG_6641.JPG
    IMG_6641.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 130
And that's why I am selling my 2nd run V2... that is absolutely amazing work!

Still my favorite saber of all the films... the so-called "Hero" getting 4 seconds of total screen time for me meant that the saber seen in TLJ should have been based off the V2!

Last edited:
Should be the interior piece showing as he said the emitter would be able to spin just like the original. It is hollow in the center though.
I realize that's the interior piece,but is it smooth or threaded. I was planning on keeping my 3 piece v2 as my v2 saber and I was gonna replace my unibody saber which I got painted like the anh obi one kenobi stunt. The original look doesn't have the gaffer tape and it would look inaccurate if there are threads showing,in the pictures it doesn't look smooth,and from the photo of the pieces I don't know which piece is there.

I realize that's the interior piece,but is it smooth or threaded. I was planning on keeping my 3 piece v2 as my v2 saber and I was gonna replace my unibody saber which I got painted like the anh obi one kenobi stunt. The original look doesn't have the gaffer tape and it would look inaccurate if there are threads showing,in the pictures it doesn't look smooth,and from the photo of the pieces I don't know which piece is there.

It’s the dark part on the right from the picture above. The threading is showing.

It’s the dark part on the right from the picture above. The threading is showing.

I see it now. I guess the threading was necessary to make it FX compatible... Good news is that the original has this part covered in tape anyways!

Hey Inigou ! I think @Anakin Starkiller ! mentioned that some of this was fixed in post #452 back on page 19. But then the yellow 3D model outline over the V2 photo he shared in the sign up thread still looks too tall in the area you have asked about. So I'm confused right along with you. I'm eager to see the final prototype before the run starts.

What I'm really curious about is that if the threads showing in the grenade neck are due to some insider information being shared by scottjua or Brandon A.?

If it wasn't cosmetically pleasing to whoever purchases a V2 from this run, they could always find an aluminum washer and file it down to size to fit around the threads and in between the two halves of the grenade neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back