What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

I've been talking to him off and on via FB re my outstanding stuff; he's currently moving his workshop so he'll be tied up with that for a while I suspect.

I've been talking to him off and on via FB re my outstanding stuff; he's currently moving his workshop so he'll be tied up with that for a while I suspect.
ok, imma pm you as i get the phonebook on matt's while searching on FB:)

Hey, so I just wanted to post an update here on my Pulse Rifle from Matt. As a recap, I sent him my parts to build up and paint about 5 years ago. I've been in periodic contact with him over that time via email, so he never disappeared. Recently I found him on Facebook and he has been posting there about restructuring and getting back orders done. The Matsucorp Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/MatsucorpProps/

So, if you have a backorder with Matt and haven't already done so, I would recommend getting in touch with him there. If you aren't on Facebook, try sending his wife an email (s.matsucorp@gmail.com). She is handling the office side of things.

I'm really happy to see that Matt is getting things sorted as he truly does amazing work. He also said to pass on that he was "getting his **** together." In those words.

547f0526090ad0287203dc7a6b9961f5.jpg

More pics in my Pulse Rifle thread:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=71066&page=4&p=4236833&viewfull=1#post4236833

Hi Guys!

Quick update...

I have moved my shop, it's a sweet setup. Tons of room to set up workstations and increase productivity.

I'm working like mad to fill back orders, got quite a few out and am continuing to work towards getting overdue orders gone.

My wife has taken over as business manager. She has built files on every order I have yet to fulfill and has created a workflow board so we can stay on track.
Please email her at sarah@matsucorp.com if you have not done so regarding an outstanding order (if you haven't already).

the_new_matsucorp_hq_by_matsucorp-daxdmmy.jpg
New shop
shop_space_by_matsucorp-db4yirh.jpg

I hope everyone is well and I hope to once again to be a positively contributing member of this community like in olden times.

Matt

Glad to see you back on the forum Matsuo and back working at what you do best. Looking forward to see your future creations.

TazMan2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt......so glad to see you getting back on your feet. You set the bar on Aliens props , period. The work you did on my live fire PR is top notch.

Just bringing back an old thread.
I have been waiting on stuff for 6 months. Matt has stopped responding to emails.
A friend emailed him asking to purchase something... he was quick to respond to them.
As always i like to think the best of people and life does cause bumps but things like that and 6 months of "I'm sending it this weekend" have caused doubts.
Everyone speaks highly of Matt. i hold out hope he will come through

Last edited:
I've been waiting on some HCG Alu shrouds since 2015. I too believe he'll come through at some point [which is to say, I'd rather have the shrouds than the cash back].

Find him on Facebook and msg him there - Matty Matsucorp

FYI, I think I saw he'd broken his thumb, so interacting online may not be his highest priority at the mo.

Matt is active on forum and recently posted in a BSG thread. I believe his original e-mail address wasn’t working as stated in the thread. Try the “conversation” system on the forum.

Just bringing back an old thread.
I have been waiting on stuff for 6 months. Matt has stopped responding to emails.
A friend emailed him asking to purchase something... he was quick to respond to them.
As always i like to think the best of people and life does cause bumps but things like that and 6 months of "I'm sending it this weekend" have caused doubts.
Everyone speaks highly of Matt. i hold out hope he will come through

The last email I have from you is DEC 4 to which I responded, It shows that I responded in my email folder... BUT... when I open it, its blank so something went wrong I'm assuming. I have recently responded via email and via paypal.
Correspondingly the paypal notifications dont show up they have been going into a junk folder unbeknownst to me.

And Septic is correct I broke my thumb this weekend and it is swollen up like a marshmallow in a microwave...

There are a number of issues making my life challenging right now however its in my opinion not ok to talk about publicly. If anyone is curious, concerned or wants to discuss ANYTHING in regards to Matsucorp, the hobby or my private life feel free to do so privately. I hold no secrets. I just don't like sharing certain aspects on a public forum.

Hello fellow RPF members,

I'll cut to the chase: long-time lurker here concerned over Matsucorp.

I'm a huge fans of the Alien films, with 'Aliens' being my all-time favorite from the time I was very young. As an adult, I've recently commissioned Terry English (the man who made them for the film all those years ago) to make me a personal suit of Colonial Marine armor - and he did! I wish my first post on here was showing off that beauty, but it will have to wait.

Anyway, before I reached out to Terry and his people, I got the ball rolling more than a year ago now (10/21/2017, to be exact) with whom I think makes the best replica Pulse Rifles I've ever seen - Matsu of Matsucorp. Again, to keep it short, I sent Matsu what he asked for, for our particular M41A Pulse Rifle (well over 1k) and was told it would be "a few months at least." All this was between 10/21 and 10/24/2017. Suffice to say, still no pulse rifle o'er here...

The reason why I'm feeling compelled to reach out to you all is to simply ask what other's experiences have been who have ordered from Matsu. To be fair, I know he's been going through both family and health issues, but he's running a business and his communication to me has been inconsistent. I've heard everything from, "i got all the bits prepped, just need to assemble and paint (2/20/18)" to "just finished a classic model . . . yours is next (8/6/18)" and more between facebook messenger and instagram messenger that sometimes make it sound like my rifle is at least underway, and other times like he hasn't even started! Hence my worry...

While it's obviously WELL past paypal's refund/dispute date, I'm fairly confident I could raise a fuss and get my money back if I really had to due to the evidence I've collected and the simple fact Matsu has never mailed anything to my address, but I'm hoping it won't come to that. I'm just getting worried and would like to know people's thoughts.

All my best,
-Michael B.

Long story short, you're not alone. Having been a customer myself, Matt does make some of the best props in the firearm category but communication and missed timelines have been plaguing his reputation for a few years now. I've personally purchased a few items from him in the past and many years ago, the items would come close to the estimated time. The last few years, however, were anywhere from 6-12+ months delay. This was after constant emails and messages much like what you're going through. He tried to turn things around by going full time into the prop making business (I think it was 2 year ago?) but the same problems arose eventually.

I still got what I paid for eventually, but it was just a journey to finally get it. It's a huge bummer since there's so much of his stuff I'd buy if it wasn't for the problems with consistency in the delivery and communication.

Hope you eventually get your pulse rifle.

I know from personal experience that Matt is still working through his backlog.

I have had a pulse rifle order with him also. Although it has been outstanding a lot longer than he both and I could have possibly imagined (due to the reasons mentioned), I am in no doubt that Matt will fulfil my order.

And when I get it, I'll have it for life and I know the wait will have been worth it. He's the best in the business as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to pulse rifles (and snart guns for that matter).

I can't estimate WHEN you will get your pulse if you decide to continue....but I can vouch that you WILL get it.

Yeah, Matt has a stelar reputation here despite his issues but I have to say his communication is really not the best, It's been more than a month that my riffle parts are ready for post pickup supposedly. I'm super anxious too.
Eventually he will come through for us I guess but I would love it would happen now.
good luck

mtrixman thanks for that link - looks like I should have done a quick forum search before posting this! I spent quite a while reading through the entire thread...both encouraged and worried (looks like some people have waited 2-5 years)!

Still, looks like Matt eventually comes through, though it certainly appears as though he needs to be clear with expectation setting when taking someone's money considering I'm far from the first person to voice concerns. Thanks all!

I know from personal experience that Matt is still working through his backlog.

I have had a pulse rifle order with him also. Although it has been outstanding a lot longer than he both and I could have possibly imagined (due to the reasons mentioned), I am in no doubt that Matt will fulfil my order.

And when I get it, I'll have it for life and I know the wait will have been worth it. He's the best in the business as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to pulse rifles (and snart guns for that matter).

I can't estimate WHEN you will get your pulse if you decide to continue....but I can vouch that you WILL get it.

I hope you're right and I shared your sheer optimism. No choice but to continue on my end unless Matsu magically send my 1300 back to me. Time will tell!

Yeah, Matt has a stelar reputation here despite his issues but I have to say his communication is really not the best, It's been more than a month that my riffle parts are ready for post pickup supposedly. I'm super anxious too.
Eventually he will come through for us I guess but I would love it would happen now.
good luck

Agreed. Thank you, you too!

I just recently closed a deal with Matt for a bsg clamshell blaster prop kit, it took over a month and I finally had to request a refund and threaten a pp dispute to get my item.. in short, amazing world class prop work.... Needs to work on communication skills and fulfilling orders in a timely fashion.

I did get the item, and it's fantastic just was a lot of heartache.. I do like how his prices are very reasonable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back