Kylo Ren Black Series Helmet Mod

yeah I cut it out and made a new piece to fit.

I didn't want something too flexible and wanted it more rigid. Fiberglass screen should work fine.

You did a great work with it! I ordered mine a week ago but is still in 'Backordered' state so I guess I'll have it in a couple of weeks.

I have clear how to do the foam padding and almost everything else but I have doubts on how to close up the seams at the top. Have you added some material on top and then sanded the whole thing? if so, which kind of material?

Greetings from Barcelona everyone ;)

How did you get the lines in between the chrome SO clean? I'm getting ready to start that portion and was wondering if you had any tips. Nice build btw!

Damn brother, just when I thought I had killed it with my mod. I find your thread and now want to tear mine down and re-work it. Your helmet is freaking insane. I ended up cutting off the nose and attaching on the disney ($26) mask. It has a much better nose piece. Love what you did with the chrome and the nose piece. I want to go back and fix mine now. Yours looks so good. Here is a pic of mine, I still need to replace the visor but was not sure what to use. Will visit the hardware store tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration...planning on reworking mine now.

Kylo1.jpgKylo 2.JPGKylo 3.JPG

Damn brother, just when I thought I had killed it with my mod. I find your thread and now want to tear mine down and re-work it. Your helmet is freaking insane. I ended up cutting off the nose and attaching on the disney ($26) mask. It has a much better nose piece. Love what you did with the chrome and the nose piece. I want to go back and fix mine now. Yours looks so good. Here is a pic of mine, I still need to replace the visor but was not sure what to use. Will visit the hardware store tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration...planning on reworking mine now.

View attachment 571585View attachment 571583View attachment 571584

Thanks man, I saw your post on the BS helmet thread, Although I like the smaller one better, since my front snoot is removable I might take out a disney store mask and make mine switchable. The nose part really makes the helmet look great from the side, the original one made it look like a toy.

Do you have a picture of where you embedded those magnets on the front piece that is removable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

With a hinge like some guys using it in their Ironman helmets it could be made movable like in the movie?:unsure

24176198qw.jpg

The still is from a youtube video.

With a hinge like some guys using it in their Ironman helmets it could be made movable like in the movie?:unsure

http://up.picr.de/24176198qw.jpg

The still is from a youtube video.

Yeah I've been thingking about that too. I think it can work. The magnets keep it shut but the only problem is how to make it open by holding it on the sides like kylo does. It would have to be electric or something. The hinge parts should be easy.

Yeah I've been thingking about that too. I think it can work. The magnets keep it shut but the only problem is how to make it open by holding it on the sides like kylo does. It would have to be electric or something. The hinge parts should be easy.
Do you have a picture of where you embedded the magnets?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The Ironman propbuilders are the right adress.They did the same with lots of IM-Faceplates...also with electrics.

Love the mod! I am attempting to mod mine right now I used atechnic similar to what you described to weld the seams but am having a bit oftrouble with the button holes where there is openings. I attempted to weld the buttonpieces themselves in the (would have still left some gaps to fill but the plasticsdon’t seems to be the same and the fill came out with not much effort eachtime. I also tried using a plastic epoxy to glue the button in but the bond wasagain not very strong. Do you have any ideas to try and fill those holes? I shouldnote this is my first project that deals with plastics as most of my dealing inthe past have been fabric. Any help you can give would be great!
Great job again on your helmet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the mod! I am attempting to mod mine right now I used atechnic similar to what you described to weld the seams but am having a bit oftrouble with the button holes where there is openings. I attempted to weld the buttonpieces themselves in the (would have still left some gaps to fill but the plasticsdon’t seems to be the same and the fill came out with not much effort eachtime. I also tried using a plastic epoxy to glue the button in but the bond wasagain not very strong. Do you have any ideas to try and fill those holes? I shouldnote this is my first project that deals with plastics as most of my dealing inthe past have been fabric. Any help you can give would be great!
Great job again on your helmet!

Yeah, unfortunately there are very few options when it comes to jointing ABS, or any plastic for that matter. The plastic the buttons are made out of seems to be some kind of stiffer harder plastic that bubble and shrinks considerable when heated. I knew this coming in from testing the plastics out so I just used them as the base. As the plastic shrunk I keep filling it in with the right ABS plastic until its flush. Reinforce the rear of the filled areas and you should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is amazing. I don't mean to seem forward or repetitive to, what i assume, many messages you've been sent about this. But, I'm wondering how much a commission of this process would cost?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back