Mad Max: Fury Road Costume Thread

This such a great thread. Here are a few pics from Halloween. I was Rick Grimes during a bar crawl on Friday. Got a hair cut and a trim to 'clean up a bit' for Max, lol. My wife made 90% of her Furiosa costume

I went from this...
Halloween1.jpg

To this...what a difference 24 hours makes lol

IMG_6147.JPGIMG_6144.JPGIMG_6148.JPG

Heya! New here. I saw the thread and just had to sign up ^_^

Great job all around. I wanted to give my own twist at a Mad Max costume this year and came up with this (this was pre-dirt on the face and hands). I had someone help with the pants this year to give it a natural rough look. I made the pauldron out of leather and license plates. 'Twas my favorite part to make. :)
d6jYgd2.jpg
9MBWE2d.jpg
tqpn85q.jpg

I'll see y'all in the Wasteland!

I've decided my next costume is going to be the "black mask" polecat, so I need some advice here - anyone know what kind of face mask this is, exactly? I've looked at dozens of hockey masks and airsoft masks, and nothing really matches. black mask.jpg

I've decided my next costume is going to be the "black mask" polecat, so I need some advice here - anyone know what kind of face mask this is, exactly? I've looked at dozens of hockey masks and airsoft masks, and nothing really matches. View attachment 550777

This thread is for Max but I can tell you its not a mask at all but a melted deform helmet used as a mask. Nothing goes to waste in the wasteland. ;)

Thought that I would post my finished build. My goal was to have it done for Halloween and I ran out of time to complete the knee brace but I'm pretty happy overall with how it came out.

Thanks to all for the input on identifying pieces. You guys rock!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 3,238
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,267
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 3,203
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 3,219
Last edited:
"Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to the Varez boots? The Timber colored ones seem to have dried up in my size."

You could go with the black ones and weather them. Krylon makes a tan "stone" spray paint that you could use to get the color... I used it on my timber-colored boots and it came out great.

Last edited:
In other blu-ray discoveries:
It's a subtle detail, but in addition to the fairly obvious patch spotted toward the beginning of the thread, the tongues of the boots have been modified with added leather bits. The first screen grab shows them being present on both boots, and the second offers better detail on the left boot.

An unmodified boot:

I love those small/little/obscure details! And this outfit has quite a lot!

This thread seems to be dying off. I thought with the release of the movie on DVD and Bluray, there would be loads of ref pics and builds galore. Does anyone have anything new to share ?

Just realized I never posted my completed costume pics. I tend to forget about that. Plus, I didn't get many this year, as I didn't do a photoshoot at Dragon Con due to insane flight delays and running around even more nuts than usual. That said, I'll see what I can dig up!

- - - Updated - - -

All the Maxes at Dragon Con.

Maxes 2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back