Are there any Costume and Prop Groups near Nashville TN

dp42276

I live just north of Nashville (45min) and feel like at times my wife and I are the only costumers around. Three are a few cons in the area and was wondering if anyone knew of any groups or meet ups?

Might want to check out Wonderfest on May 18-19 up in Louisville, KY. Last year there were a bunch of stormtroopers, people in HALO armor, a Predator or 2 and assorted others. You might be able to make a few local contacts, and see a ton of cool stuff as well. The website is WonderFest Home

There's a ton of costumers in the Nashville area - there's a lot of 501st/Rebel Legion members, Renn Faire folks, etc. A lot of them go to GMX, so that's a great place to meet people.

Yeah, there quite a few of us here in mid-TN. As Kell mentioned a lot of us are in RL/501st, but we do lots of other stuff. Lots of superheroes, Dredd, etc. We usually have a number of prop parties in the summertime. We have a really big one in May or June every year at Ft. Campbell. People spend the night, there is a big cookout, lots of builds. It's awesome.

There's GMX, of course, and also the mini Maker fair coming later this year. There's also WW ComicCon Nashville later this year.

Chris Lee of Full Scale Falcon fame also lives in Nashville. He's a member here.

There is a pretty big group of superhero costumers who are also 501st/RL but don't really do Star Wars much anymore. I don't think many of them are members here on the RPF, though.

I'm in Nashville, and I've been trying to find or put together more costuming meetups around town. I know we've got the TN Ghostbusters, but I didn't know about the 501st being around here. Do they ever meet outside of cons? 'cause I'd love to get in on that too.

Im not a costumer, however props and collecting have always been my thing, but I would like to get together with others to meet up at Cons, up until recently , I never knew about them either....

I have lived in Nashville for 3 years now and I am looking into learning how to make my own props and costumes wondering if anyone is in the area that would like to take a noob under their wing. I actually live in Ashland City, Tn.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back