Disney in talks to buy Fox studio assets..

Yes, now that the AT&T Tine Warner merger passed regulatory hurdles Comcast is super keen to try and buy Fox, especially the SKY TV assets. Comcast NEEDS this deal, Disney less so. I don't think they are going to counter but they may see if Comcast wants to split FOX up.
Man thats crazy. I feel a very dystopian future on the rise, with all the corporations. Bryan, you ready for "The Running Man"? :lol(I just watched it on hulu)

Man thats crazy. I feel a very dystopian future on the rise, with all the corporations. Bryan, you ready for "The Running Man"? :lol(I just watched it on hulu)

Did you ever watch Dark Matter? The known universe was split up between 5 (i think) corporations....seems where we're headed all right.

Did you ever watch Dark Matter? The known universe was split up between 5 (i think) corporations....seems where we're headed all right.
No kidding. Today I realized that half the snacks in the vending machine at work are all part of the Frito-Lays company. Ahhh, the illusion of choice.

I guess the word "accepts" doesn't mean what I think it means...:confused

LOL! Yes, they accept the bid as it’s higher then the current Comcast offer but that doesn’t preclude them from accepting a higher offer before the deal is finalized by a shareholder vote as more importantly approved by the Murdoch family.

Oh man I really hope comcast doesnt put in more for Fox and their assets. Bryancd how high do you think Disney would go to acquire Fox?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man I really hope comcast doesnt put in more for Fox and their assets. @Bryancd how high do you think Disney would go to acquire Fox?

Right now on a per share basis the deal is at $38 per share of Fox. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this in the mid $40/share once either Comcast or Disney blinks. The Murdoch family much prefers the Disney offer as it’s stock and cash and results in a much lower and deferred tax liability for them. Comcast is all cash and that’s going to create a huge tax liability for them.

Right now on a per share basis the deal is at $38 per share of Fox. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this in the mid $40/share once either Comcast or Disney blinks. The Murdoch family much prefers the Disney offer as it’s stock and cash and results in a much lower and deferred tax liability for them. Comcast is all cash and that’s going to create a huge tax liability for them.
Interesting. I hope it turns out in Disneys favor. Is there a specific time frame they have to counter?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back