Solo: A Star Wars Story

Never trust the opinions of people invited by Disney that`s for sure. One of those tweets gushed over the movie then followed up with "doing interviews tomorrow". Hmmm

I think you can expand on that thought and say "don't trust anybody". Remember, an opinion is nothing more than that. An opinion. It's based on feeling. Heck, I know people who LOVED the prequels and have proclaimed TLJ their favorite movie - naturally, they are no longer my friends ;) I kid I kid... Their opinion(s) doesn't make them wrong. They just have a different opinion...

I'll go see the movie and judge it for myself. :)

Dc4dfJuVQAAIEhn.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:
more reddit spoilers

Darth Maul is indeed in it - Qi'ra is working for him.Han kills Beckett and is explicitly told when doing so the lesson was to always shoot first. LMAO
Lando cheated while playing Sabaac for the Falcon the first time, Han finds him for a rematch and secretly removes the planted cards in Lando's sleeve before the second game begins.

The major spoilers: Val dies by blowing herself up during the train heist. Enfys Nest is a young woman who is not actually evil and is sympathetic to the rebels. The confrontation with the Cloud Riders does not end in a shoot-out. Beckett betrays Han to Dryden Vos. Qi’ra is working for Maul. Her fate wasn’t really mentioned by the guy. I might have missed something he said. And Han kills Beckett Greedo-style.
Edit for some more info: I skimmed the video but basically the train heist seems to be for some special fuel. Han dumps the cargo during the scuffle with the Cloud Riders. Beckett has to go to Vos to get help on another job so that the gangster that he is working for won’t kill him or something. They get the new fuel but the Cloud Riders convince them to give it to this group called the Rebellion. Han makes a plan to cheat Vos by showing up with empty containers of fuel. Beckett betrays the plan to Vos, and Han and Qi’ra have to kill Vos and his guards. It also turns out that they really did bring the fuel along with them, as a way to trick Vos. Beckett ends up dead, Qi’ra I think stays behind, and Han and Chewie fly off in the Falcon.

• Film starts with text, not really a crawl
  • Han and Qi'ra are trying to leave Corellia. They are boyfriend and girlfriend, and they kiss.
  • They try to bribe an Imperial officer to escape Corellia, they get separated, Qi'ra gets captured by gangsters, Han hides in a recruitment center where he joins the Imperial army to leave Corellia. He says his name is just "Han" and that he's alone...Imperial guard gives him the last name "Solo"
  • 3 years later
  • Han is fighting on Mimban. He sees Beckett and his team including Val and Rio Durant. They are disguised as Imperial troops, but aren't fighting. Han tries to tell on them because they won't let him join their crew, but Beckett rats Han out first, saying that Han is trying to desert the Empire.
  • Han gets thrown into a prisoner camp, where Chewie is. They escape. Beckett's crew sees this and they decide to "rescue" Han and Chewie and let them be part of their crew
  • They try to steal fuel cells from a train from the trailer. Enfys Nest and the Cloud Raiders are also there, trying to steal it. Val sacrifices herself. Rio Durant, who is the pilot, also dies.
  • Now Han must pilot the ship (not the Falcon) He drops the fuel cells and they blow up.
  • Han, Chewie, and Beckett now go to Dryden Voss' hangout. He is the gangster they are trying to sell fuel cells too. Beckett comes up with a new plan, saying that there is some on Kessel.
  • Qi'ra is now Dryden's girlfriend. She tells them that she knows Lando has a fast ship they can use.
  • Han, Chewie, Beckett, Qi'ra go see Lando.
  • Han plays sabacc with Lando to win the Falcon. Han loses because Lando cheats, Han knows he cheats, but can't prove it.
  • Lando and L3 fly the Falcon with the crew to Kessel. Han and Qi'ra have another moment alone, they kiss again.
  • L3 tries to save robot prisoners, but gets shot and teared in half
  • Chewie tries to free Wookies. Doesn't seem like he knows them.
  • The crew escapes Kessel with the fuel cells. Han must fly the Falcon now, because Lando is sad L3 is basically dead. They use L3's "brain" to help navigate through a black hole and the tentacle monster from the trailer
  • The fuel cells from Kessel are unstable, so they have to go to a new planet to make them stable some how. Enfys Nest and her gang are there. Turns out she is a 16 year old girl and they are trying to help some "rebellion" and needs the fuel.
  • Not clear if Han and the gang give them some or what, doesn't seem like any Cloud Raiders die
  • Lando flies away with the Falcon.
  • Han, Chewie, Qi'ra, go back to Dryden Voss. Beckett stays behind for some reason, it sounds like he thinks Dryden Voss may kill him.
  • It turns out Beckett double crosses Han and tells Dryden Voss that the fuel cells are fake (even though they are real)
  • Han, Qi'ra, and Chewie fight Dryden Voss and his guards. Voss and his guards die.
  • Han goes after Beckett for revenge. Qi'ra stays behind, using a hologram message to speak with her actual gangster boss: Darth Maul
  • Darth Maul is a crime lord now. Ray Park is the actor, but they use Sam Witwer's voice
  • It sounds like Maul is only in hologram form and is in the movie for less than a minute.
  • This is the last mention of Qi'ra. It is unclears what happens to her
  • Beckett tries to talk his way out of trouble with Han, but Han shoots first and kills Beckett
  • The movie ends with Han and Chewie going to a new planet to find Lando.
  • Han hugs Lando, similarly to how Lando hugs Han in ESB. While hugging, Han steals Lando's cheat card he kept in his sleeve.
  • Han goes all in on his sabacc hand, winning Lando's Falcon
  • Han and Chewie fly the Falcon, stating they need to go to Tattoine to meet a "big time gangster" presumably Jabba the Hutt, although Jabba is not mentioned by name
  • No Boba Fett

Someone over on r/starwarsleaks has seen it. Darth Maul makes a cameo. Jabba is mentioned but not shown. Emilia Clarke is NOT the villain.
Fett is not in the film.
On a conversation between the droid and Lando "Lando innocously asks "Can I get you anything?" when he leaves the pilots chair to go grab something. It was like when your buddy gets up to go grab a soda for himself or something. But she replies "Equal rights."

Enfys Nest is kind of like Holdo or Rose only she's cooler. I mean that in the sense that she's a character where you are like "Ok they purposely made her female" but not that it's bad. She just kicks ass but then she reveals herself and she's a young girl. Why they did that who knows? Seems like she should be a badass alien to me. Kind of forced to be a young female a little. Qi'ra is pretty darn cool IMO. No complaints about her. Well written and acted. L3 is awful and drags down Lando.

So the guy who was cut in half and both pieces fell down a seemingly bottomless hole, before Solo was born, has a cameo in the film? These people are mentally bankrupt.

So the guy who was cut in half and both pieces fell down a seemingly bottomless hole, before Solo was born, has a cameo in the film? These people are mentally bankrupt.
That particular character has actually been back for quite a while, via the comics, clone wars show and I think even on rebels.

That particular character has actually been back for quite a while, via the comics, clone wars show and I think even on rebels.

I can ignore assinity in cartoons and comic books but when they put it in the movies, they have elevated the stupidity to a point it can no longer be ignored.

Just when I think Red Letter Media has slandered Star Wars fans by portraying them as goobers, the fans and writers displayed what a bunch of drooling morons they really are.

more reddit spoilers

Darth Maul is indeed in it - Qi'ra is working for him.Han kills Beckett and is explicitly told when doing so the lesson was to always shoot first. LMAO
Lando cheated while playing Sabaac for the Falcon the first time, Han finds him for a rematch and secretly removes the planted cards in Lando's sleeve before the second game begins.

The major spoilers: Val dies by blowing herself up during the train heist. Enfys Nest is a young woman who is not actually evil and is sympathetic to the rebels. The confrontation with the Cloud Riders does not end in a shoot-out. Beckett betrays Han to Dryden Vos. Qi’ra is working for Maul. Her fate wasn’t really mentioned by the guy. I might have missed something he said. And Han kills Beckett Greedo-style.
Edit for some more info: I skimmed the video but basically the train heist seems to be for some special fuel. Han dumps the cargo during the scuffle with the Cloud Riders. Beckett has to go to Vos to get help on another job so that the gangster that he is working for won’t kill him or something. They get the new fuel but the Cloud Riders convince them to give it to this group called the Rebellion. Han makes a plan to cheat Vos by showing up with empty containers of fuel. Beckett betrays the plan to Vos, and Han and Qi’ra have to kill Vos and his guards. It also turns out that they really did bring the fuel along with them, as a way to trick Vos. Beckett ends up dead, Qi’ra I think stays behind, and Han and Chewie fly off in the Falcon.

• Film starts with text, not really a crawl
  • Han and Qi'ra are trying to leave Corellia. They are boyfriend and girlfriend, and they kiss.
  • They try to bribe an Imperial officer to escape Corellia, they get separated, Qi'ra gets captured by gangsters, Han hides in a recruitment center where he joins the Imperial army to leave Corellia. He says his name is just "Han" and that he's alone...Imperial guard gives him the last name "Solo"
  • 3 years later
  • Han is fighting on Mimban. He sees Beckett and his team including Val and Rio Durant. They are disguised as Imperial troops, but aren't fighting. Han tries to tell on them because they won't let him join their crew, but Beckett rats Han out first, saying that Han is trying to desert the Empire.
  • Han gets thrown into a prisoner camp, where Chewie is. They escape. Beckett's crew sees this and they decide to "rescue" Han and Chewie and let them be part of their crew
  • They try to steal fuel cells from a train from the trailer. Enfys Nest and the Cloud Raiders are also there, trying to steal it. Val sacrifices herself. Rio Durant, who is the pilot, also dies.
  • Now Han must pilot the ship (not the Falcon) He drops the fuel cells and they blow up.
  • Han, Chewie, and Beckett now go to Dryden Voss' hangout. He is the gangster they are trying to sell fuel cells too. Beckett comes up with a new plan, saying that there is some on Kessel.
  • Qi'ra is now Dryden's girlfriend. She tells them that she knows Lando has a fast ship they can use.
  • Han, Chewie, Beckett, Qi'ra go see Lando.
  • Han plays sabacc with Lando to win the Falcon. Han loses because Lando cheats, Han knows he cheats, but can't prove it.
  • Lando and L3 fly the Falcon with the crew to Kessel. Han and Qi'ra have another moment alone, they kiss again.
  • L3 tries to save robot prisoners, but gets shot and teared in half
  • Chewie tries to free Wookies. Doesn't seem like he knows them.
  • The crew escapes Kessel with the fuel cells. Han must fly the Falcon now, because Lando is sad L3 is basically dead. They use L3's "brain" to help navigate through a black hole and the tentacle monster from the trailer
  • The fuel cells from Kessel are unstable, so they have to go to a new planet to make them stable some how. Enfys Nest and her gang are there. Turns out she is a 16 year old girl and they are trying to help some "rebellion" and needs the fuel.
  • Not clear if Han and the gang give them some or what, doesn't seem like any Cloud Raiders die
  • Lando flies away with the Falcon.
  • Han, Chewie, Qi'ra, go back to Dryden Voss. Beckett stays behind for some reason, it sounds like he thinks Dryden Voss may kill him.
  • It turns out Beckett double crosses Han and tells Dryden Voss that the fuel cells are fake (even though they are real)
  • Han, Qi'ra, and Chewie fight Dryden Voss and his guards. Voss and his guards die.
  • Han goes after Beckett for revenge. Qi'ra stays behind, using a hologram message to speak with her actual gangster boss: Darth Maul
  • Darth Maul is a crime lord now. Ray Park is the actor, but they use Sam Witwer's voice
  • It sounds like Maul is only in hologram form and is in the movie for less than a minute.
  • This is the last mention of Qi'ra. It is unclears what happens to her
  • Beckett tries to talk his way out of trouble with Han, but Han shoots first and kills Beckett
  • The movie ends with Han and Chewie going to a new planet to find Lando.
  • Han hugs Lando, similarly to how Lando hugs Han in ESB. While hugging, Han steals Lando's cheat card he kept in his sleeve.
  • Han goes all in on his sabacc hand, winning Lando's Falcon
  • Han and Chewie fly the Falcon, stating they need to go to Tattoine to meet a "big time gangster" presumably Jabba the Hutt, although Jabba is not mentioned by name
  • No Boba Fett

Thanks for posting this. I thought it was a phony review, given the bizarre cameo it describes. But anyway, I have a question:

Why is there no mention of the Kessel Run? Do they explain what it is? Do they explain how the ship does it in less than 12 parsecs? I'm guessing the black hole has something to do with that. But what is the Kessel Run and why were they doing it? I realize you haven't seen the film, RockBottom, but I'm just wondering why this information wasn't included in the plot breakdown you posted.

The Wook

I can ignore assinity in cartoons and comic books but when they put it in the movies, they have elevated the stupidity to a point it can no longer be ignored.

Just when I think Red Letter Media has slandered Star Wars fans by portraying them as goobers, the fans and writers displayed what a bunch of drooling morons they really are.
One thing tho, do we know exactly how far before anh this takes place? If its 12-15 years prior then it would be during the phantom menace timeframe and would make sense.

One thing tho, do we know exactly how far before anh this takes place? If its 12-15 years prior then it would be during the phantom menace timeframe and would make sense.

TPM is more like 30 years before ANH (or BBY if you're into that sort of thing...).

Sounds like a BS synopsis based on old trailers and with the rest made up.

Yup, that's what I'm sayin'. There's no way this is legit, without a description of the Kessel Run. The Kessel Run--what it is, and how they navigated it in less than 12 parsecs (a unit of distance, not time)--is the most difficult thing to plausibly make up. And they don't even mention it. Plus, most of the other storylines seem so overly contrived and messy, that i doubt even Disney could make such a film.

Frackin' aholes who put this out there.

Well if what they say about Boba Fett not appearing is true, that makes me happy, despite how cool it would have been if he were in it. I'd love to see him on screen again, but as far as I'm concerned Boba Fett and Han don't have a history prior to ESB. Even then it's just because he was hired by Vader along with other bounty hunters to find him. Of course I am basing this off the movies, I've never read any of the Star Wars novels or comics. I guess they still could have done a cameo with him in some other context that doesn't relate to Han............but not necessarily sure I would want that.

And if what is being said about Jabba not being in it is true, that kinda bums me. I was hoping we would see him, if in fact he is the gangster, or one of the gangsters, they are talking about.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back