Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Apparently it's been confirmed that Avengers 4 is titled Avengers: EndgAme

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cosmicbooknews.com/avengers-endgame-title?amp

Reading that article, nothing is "confirmed". The author claims to have a source at Disney and that that source has confirmed it for them. I find this... doubtful. In a clickbait sort of way. I will accept "rumored" or "speculated". I'd even go so far as to accept "working title". But especially considering all the false leads and misdirections running up to the release of Infinity War, until Kevin/Marvel/the Russos actually announce it, it's not confirmed to be anything yet. IMDB even still lists it as "Infinity War, Part 2", and not even "Avengers 4". I like how the author says, of the Endgame title, "unless they change it now" (implying in the wake of his "revealing" it). Nice butt-cover if it turns out to be something else. "Well, obviously they changed it after I revealed it to the world." Uh-huh.

Massive respect to the Director of this film. It wasn't perfect, but thankfully he didn't Ruin Johnson it:thumbsup

No movie is ever going to be perfect in the literal sense. But this movie was basically perfect for me and lots of other people that know how to sit back and enjoy a good fantasy.

Suspend that disbelief and just have fun and maybe shed a tear or two if you're so inclined....:cool

I bet if they plant Thor 's new hammer or rather the handle in the ashes of Asguard they could bring back both Groot and Asguard , the vegetation at least .

I always believed Groot came from the tree of life and then it just so happens Thor can understand Groot ?

I also don't think they will have to make to many soul for a soul deals to get most of the people back .
I could see one person wielding the infinity gauntlet as Thanos did to restore everything
Say Tony or Cap only they couldn't handle the stain of wielding it so it kills them .

Please be cap , please be cap !!

My only gripe at all in the movie is

when they have Thanos down on titan and are pulling the gauntlet off why the hell did Tony stop pulling the gauntlet to yell at Star Lord ???????????
I would have just repeatedly yelled
" help us get the Gauntlet off , help us get the Gauntlet off , help us get the fracking gauntlet off" !! It wasn't like Quinn yelling at Thanos was hurting anything it was at least distracting him a little there was no reason for Tony to let go of the gauntlet other than the story needed Thanos to keep it . That was really the only little thing I did not like In the entire movie so A+

Don't know why we need to hide spoilers in a post release thread but I don't like getting yelled at either .

Last edited:
Why does TLJ need to mentioned in the this and another post you made reference to compare? These are 2 very different franchises. Owned by the same parent company, but nevertheless they are both not Marvel and they are both not Star Wars.

I would agree Star Wars needs someone like Feige overseeing all aspects of the series of films being produced who really gets it.

Marvel has always had this "tone" where the humor is much more acceptable. Star Wars was never a comedy and the move to be more humorous gets on my nerves at times, but as long as when it's funny that it's an appropriate spot from what's going on i'm okay with it.

Clearly because I see comparisons that can be made between the franchises. It's more than just the parent company. It is two films subverting expectations- one worked, and one didn't. Two films aimed at similar demographics. And humor that worked in one film, but was largely criticized in the other.

I don't see the problem here.

He's been confirmed for Guardians 3 for the next Phase in the MCU after the Infinity storyline is done. So his role in the comic version of the story most likely passes on to Captain Marvel.
That was what I was fearing most. I really REALLY dont want Captain Marvel to be the downfall of Thanos and basically the savior of the Universe. If that happens I will be so disappointed in the Russos. And what the hell is Warlock going to do AFTER the events of IG? Infinity Watch? Thats nowhere near as exciting. Im sure as hell they wont do the Magus storyline, cause thats too abstract. Curse you infymys! Why did you tell me this!? *sob*

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is my ALL TIME favorite movie (I know... it's weird... I've seen THOUSANDS over my 41 years... still...)

I had to quickly state that because while this movie has it's flaws, I enjoyed the crap out of it simply because I love the Guardians characters so much.

and there were other greats.

Spiderman is great.

Iron Man is great.

Thor is great.

Thanos was better than expected.

Cap is great.

Scarlett witch Olsen is great...

Black Panther is great...

Bucky I could take or leave.

Story was just pure chaos...

All these characters and they all had something to do... for that alone, amazing.

I can't imagine watching JLA before or after this... DC needs a mass restructuring.

I bet if they plant Thor 's new hammer or rather the handle in the ashes of Asguard they could bring back both Groot and Asguard , the vegetation at least .

I always believed Groot came from the tree of life and then it just so happens Thor can understand Groot ?

I also don't think they will have to make to many soul for a soul deals to get most of the people back .
I could see one person wielding the infinity gauntlet as Thanos did to restore everything
Say Tony or Cap only they couldn't handle the stain of wielding it so it kills them .

Please be cap , please be cap !!

My only gripe at all in the movie is

when they have Thanos down on titan and are pulling the gauntlet off why the hell did Tony stop pulling the gauntlet to yell at Star Lord ???????????
I would have just repeatedly yelled
" help us get the Gauntlet off , help us get the Gauntlet off , help us get the fracking gauntlet off" !! It wasn't like Quinn yelling at Thanos was hurting anything it was at least distracting him a little there was no reason for Tony to let go of the gauntlet other than the story needed Thanos to keep it . That was really the only little thing I did not like In the entire movie so A+

Don't know why we need to hide spoilers in a post release thread but I don't like getting yelled at either .

It was all part of Dr. Strange's plan from the 1 future he saw where they won. If you notice he isn't present during the scuffle with Thanos, he's thrown off behind him somewhere until Tony's life was in danger and he offers Thanos the Time Stone.

It all technically doesn't matter, since they're either A. All trapped in the Soul Stone which is a pocket universe or B. Avengers 4 will be a time travel plot, possibly involving Pym tech with the help of Ant-Man or Kree tech with the help of Carol. Photos have already leaked with Cap in his Avengers 1 uniform, Tony looking older and in a Shield jacket with weird tech in their hands. Plus Hawkeye in what appears to be his Ronin gear.

Either they've found a way to go back in time to stop this all from happening, or Cap just decides to be Star Spangled Cap again, instead of Nomad.

SPOILER

Sooo, did everybody who was turned into dust actually died? :0

Lol...I'm gonna use the spoiler cut even so...

My first thought was they're all trapped in the Soul Stone, which is actually a pocket universe. Though dwelling on that has led me to believe that they might not go that deep into the mythos of the stones.

My theory was technically, everyone Thanos killed before he finished the Gauntlet, is truly dead....except Loki...he's a friggin Trickster God! That could have been another avatar!

But now that he has the Gauntlet, the Soul Stone is trapping his 'victim's within it. That would explain baby Gamora, as he briefly ventured into the Soul Stone to visit her, where her soul is imprisoned. And would also explain the golden hue to the realm he was in, as the comic depiction of the Soul Stone uni has the same atmosphere.

Or...they are all truly ash and it will take time traveling paradoxes to completely un-do everything done. Pym Tech or Kree Tech (calling Captain Marvel..) could be the answer here.

Either way, Spiderman 2 is already in pre-vis and pre-shots and there's GotG 3 slated in the next few years. Plus Black Panther just steam rolled cinematic history.

Gonna take bets and say they'll all be alive soon ;). Though that doesn't mean that a sacrifice might not occur. Steve Rogers died in the comics and both Bucky and Falcon became Cap....so....

I may regret asking this, but... Why?
Relax Firepsrite, its not what you think, I know youre all about female empowerment etc :rolleyes, but its because a) thats not how the story goes, b) they already teased Adam Warlock in GotG 2. And he is one of my favorite characters. I REALLY want to see him on screen, after what they did with Vision I feel as though they could really make him awesome. Also I dont know much about Ms. Marvel aside from her origins and that Rogue took her powers.

Relax Firepsrite, its not what you think, I know youre all about female empowerment etc :rolleyes, but its because a) thats not how the story goes, b) they already teased Adam Warlock in GotG 2. And he is one of my favorite characters. I REALLY want to see him on screen, after what they did with Vision I feel as though they could really make him awesome. Also I dont know much about Ms. Marvel aside from her origins and that Rogue took her powers.

Well... the comics that any of the MCU movies draw from are already fairly different from how the storylines went in the comics (and in many cases were superior in terms of storytelling), so I'm not sure how much water that particular argument holds. BUT... he's your guy and that is enough of an explanation. I get it. You want him to be just as awesome as you'd like to see him be. Frankly, I hope you get that. But I'll be entirely honest here, I trust the Russos and Marvel to give us a great resolution to this storyline, however they want to go about it.

I dont know much about [Captain] Marvel aside from her origins and that Rogue took her powers.

FTFY. And, well, fortunately we have a movie coming out before A4 that will show us. ;) Mar-Vell was basically the Kree's Captain America and Superman rolled into one. Regarding her saving the day, though, I'm not going to anticipate anything. There are too many ways the Russos could go with this, and I'm sure I've only thought of some of the same ones as them. And as to Warlock... They don't even need to go the Magus route -- Warlock's been a bad guy as often as good.

Just saw, from a session with the Russos, that Parker's death wasn't scripted (in the sense of lines on the page) -- the Russos gave him the direction that Peter didn't want to die, and Tom improvised the all the rest.

Well... the comics that any of the MCU movies draw from are already fairly different from how the storylines went in the comics (and in many cases were superior in terms of storytelling), so I'm not sure how much water that particular argument holds. BUT... he's your guy and that is enough of an explanation. I get it. You want him to be just as awesome as you'd like to see him be. Frankly, I hope you get that. But I'll be entirely honest here, I trust the Russos and Marvel to give us a great resolution to this storyline, however they want to go about it.
I do agree with you on that, I feel as though they changed Thanos for the better, instead of just making him evil like the comics, you can sort of sympathize with him. Exactly! If I saw the comic panel where Warlock wields the gauntlet and says "LET THE CONFLICT END!!!!" I would probably pass out with a grin on my face. I hope so too. I agree with that sentiment too, I just really hope Warlock shows up before the infinity storyline has concluded. :D

I can't imagine watching JLA before or after this... DC needs a mass restructuring.

Zack: "Warner, I've explored what you asked me to but there appears to be a little ... uhh ... hiccup."

Warner: "Hiccup?"

Zack: "To jump start a superhero movie universe ... well, the groundwork for character development doesn't actually exist yet."

Warner (pointing to MCU): "HERE'S the superhero movie universe. I just asked you to make it faster - like in two films."

Zack: "That's what I've been trying ... but honestly, it's impossible."

Warner: "... KEVIN FEIGE WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE ... WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!!!"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back