Darth Unknown's Lightsaber (speculation thread)

I love the idea of a more western broadsword type saber in SW. The only issue I see is that the cross guard emitters extend out quite a bit from the hilt so an opponents saber could just slice right thorough that making it rather useless.

The only issue I see is that the cross guard emitters extend out quite a bit from the hilt so an opponents saber could just slice right thorough that making it rather useless.

There is solution to that. The crossguard emitters just need to be made from a lightsaber resistant material like cortosis or mandalorian iron. :)

If the emitter is inside the main hilt and the little cross nubs are decorative, then cutting through them would still let your blade be blocked by the side sabers. Sure, you'd slice the decorative cross bits, but the handguard would still do its job.

If the emitter is inside the main hilt and the little cross nubs are decorative, then cutting through them would still let your blade be blocked by the side sabers. Sure, you'd slice the decorative cross bits, but the handguard would still do its job.
Yeah, that's my thinking as well. Maybe less decorative and more so the wielder's hand doesn't slip up the handle into a blade, but it definitely seems reasonable to think there is a part of the guard blade inside the shroud rather than the metal bits ending with the emitters for them.

45e.jpg

I think the saber will end up being a found sith relic from 1,000 years ago. Which would explain the saber style, the rumor is Max Von character is a ancient sith artifact collector.

Personally, I like that explanation best. Hope it's true!

Same here. I still think it makes no sense when a metal crossguard would be more practical. Maybe have something when you ignite it, the metal guards would flip up or down, depending on how it was designed. I do like the unstable blade though.

Been reading a lot about the 'stubs' and them being simply sliced off and my first reaction was '......surely, someone who designed this would of thought of this??'
My next thought was the Magnaguards and their electrostaffs and that they were made of Phrik alloy which was lightsaber-resistant :rolleyes a possibility??

Re the 'unstability' of the blade, perhaps an unfocused crystal or not very good synthetic one?? :confused

Last edited by a moderator:
The actor is male- he's from HBO's "Girls". Adam Driver.

On the saber- why does everyone assume the cross guards are "guards"? All those scenes of Luke and Vader.....and Obi-Wan and Maul.....getting up close and personal. Hilt-to-hilt. Face-to-face. The cross guards would take out your opponents' hand AND saber.

Last edited:
sorry....what is answered? Just another opinion.

"gave his thoughts on the design"......."so I surmised"........."it has to be a found, older one as the blade is rougher,"

although not concrete.....the theory of a sith artifact is the most likely answer.

Been reading a lot about the 'stubs' and them being simply sliced off and my first reaction was '......surely, someone who designed this would of thought of this??'
My next thought was the Magnaguards and their electrostaffs and that they were made of Phrik alloy which was lightsaber-resistant :rolleyes a possibility??

Re the 'unstability' of the blade, perhaps an unfocused crystal or not very good synthetic one?? :confused
spoken like a true fan of the wizards of the coast saga rpg game. am I right? :)

I look at it as an old/hand made saber, since the blade(s) seem unstable. Perhaps the side blades are more like exhaust ports?

Idk, but to honest, I don't like it. It kinda takes away from the SyFy aspect and makes it more LotR.

It's the Jar Jar of weapons :facepalm

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back