Spider-Man: Homecoming

I'm hoping the suit AI, at least, might get stripped at some point in the movie. It's too Tony Starkish.

One podcast raised a great point that traditionally Spider-Man in the comics talks to himself a lot. Having a suit AI gets in the way of this quality as well as getting in the way of Spider-Man's characteristic fighting commentary.

I'm sure that the suit AI won't play a big role in the movie, probably only for a few scenes and nothing like Iron Man's suits, just the occasional reminder that something is being done wrong. But Spidey's trademark quips do seem to be in the movie, if the trailers are anything to go by. In the very first trailer where we see some guys in Avengers masks robbing an ATM (or something) we hear Spidey joking about how they're not the real Avengers.

I'm sure that the suit AI won't play a big role in the movie, probably only for a few scenes and nothing like Iron Man's suits, just the occasional reminder that something is being done wrong. But Spidey's trademark quips do seem to be in the movie, if the trailers are anything to go by. In the very first trailer where we see some guys in Avengers masks robbing an ATM (or something) we hear Spidey joking about how they're not the real Avengers.
I wanted to bring that up because I just watched the international trailer with the AI and the different web options. The more I learn about the movie the more it feels like a kid iron man movie. Im betting that he has the suit, he and Tony have a falling out, and he goes back to his homemade suit after the ship incident. Then at the end, maybe there will be a different suit that gets teased, that he makes himself. I just hope the AI doesnt get in the way of his quips, and having so many different types of webs is kinda crazy. The more I see however, the more skeptical I get. Kinda odd though starting off on the super advanced suit then going with homemade at the end.

I went on info lockdown months ago for this movie. Someone needs to fire the marketing team. They don't know how to handle this property, clearly.

I went on info lockdown months ago for this movie. Someone needs to fire the marketing team. They don't know how to handle this property, clearly.
I wonder if its headed by Marvel, or by Sony. I bet its Sony, all things considered. :facepalm

In my humble opinion,Marvel should have stuck with the Tobey McGuire franchise which was funny and serious at all the right times (with exception of part 3).The squabble after part 3 over which villain should be in the next instalment that cost Marvel the first franchise was completely unnecessary,because low and behold: Marc Webb reboots the dang thing and guess who's the villain they could have picked already (they did introduce Dr.Connors in the second part of the first franchise): The Lizard.If they had only remained calm and used their common sense,they could have gone with Webb's choice and the reboot would not have been necessary.I know it's talking in hindsight,but that's how I feel about it.

Last edited:
Surprised no one's posted this. Extended supercut of the tie-in NBA Finals spots:

Don't worry, guys. No movie content, no spoilers. ;)

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
WHY DO THEY KEEP RELEASING CONTENT AND TRAILERS. It literally seems like a few tv spots every day that pop up on youtube etc.

It seems like so much overkill???

If it was on TV that way, i'd agree. When it's youtube, just use self restraint and don't click on it. Anything youtube is choice :)

So in a bit of retconning, Tom Holland & Kevin Feige have confirmed that the kid that was almost blown away by the Hammer Drone at the Expo in IM2, was indeed Peter Parker.

I'm sure some will whine about it, but I think it's cool.

So in a bit of retconning, Tom Holland & Kevin Feige have confirmed that the kid that was almost blown away by the Hammer Drone at the Expo in IM2, was indeed Peter Parker.

I'm sure some will whine about it, but I think it's cool.

hammer drone... iron man 2 i can't remember this part?

update to iO9 article:

Update: Minutes after we posted this article, I just happened to have an interview with Tom Holland and I asked him to clarify how he got this information. Here’s what he said:
It’s funny, I literally had a conversation with Kevin like 20 minutes before [The Huffington Post] interview and he didn’t confirm it, I took it upon myself just because I thought it would be a good story and it’s exploded.
So it sounds like he got an okay from Kevin Feige to say that, but that’s it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that the suit AI won't play a big role in the movie, probably only for a few scenes and nothing like Iron Man's suits, just the occasional reminder that something is being done wrong.

Not certain this seems the case based on last few things I've seen. But the movie will tell I suppose!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back