Imperator Furiosa: Mad Max Fury Road

Go back to Home Depot and look at pole pruners. The thumb is a half a pair of vice grips. And to cover the fingers you'll want some perforated aluminum sheet.

That middle finger is a bit of a tricky one for me too. I'm probably just going to craft it out of foam, but I would love to know what it actually is. It looks more like some sort of demolition tool to me, since it is split like a hammer. But I can see where you're coming from with the pole pruner. Maybe some sort of car demo tool? (looks at "jaws of life" photos)

I have the hive mind looking for likely parts. Brake puller? Ice axe?

On the boots, I'm leaning heavily toward AGV or Prexport. Problem is, they could be many years old and long out of production.

The hunt continues.

some pics for you

mf4.jpgmf3.jpgmf2.jpgMf1.jpg

Thanks MFP and Rogue monster going to make a stop at home depot for those Items, Also looks like the pinky has a tiny wrench attached to the top of the finger. As for the Aluminum Sheet that's a good Idea, but I did found some cheap cheese graters with the perfect size holes in them so it saves me time on hole punching just a little hammering to smooth it out. And as for that middle finger yeah that's going to be hard to disassemble the jaws of life lol, most likely going to go with foam or cardboard on that one.

Harbor Freight is even cheaper if you have one local.

I have auto experts looking at the claw and everyone is stumped. I'd probably just use foam or wood.

arm cap 2.pngarm cap 1.png
The "pinky" is actually ring and pinky fingers together. I was planning on using the thumb of a large leather glove as the base for that. It then has the box end of a wrench and 2 framing nails flanking it.

I've been very slowly starting to work on this costume over the past week or so. I've ordered a wig (the Rocky from Arda) because I'm not willing to shave my head (it took me four years to grow it out to a point where I didn't hate it the last time I did that!), and some fabric I hope will work for her shirt and the "corset" part. I'm going to go out looking for pants this weekend (I'm not a skilled enough seamstress to make my own, so I'll find something that's "close enough" and hopefully add the overlay part if I can something that works).

I also started working on the hand this week. I wrapped my hand in plastic and covered it with painter's tape, then drew the pattern onto the tape and cut it out. I cut the pieces out of worbla (initially I sandwiched craft foam between two pieces but it was too thick, so I just went with a double layer of worbla) and shaped them to my hand. I did a quick fit test last night (held on with magnets to a glove I had laying around). The back of the hand pieces are pretty good, but I'm not thrilled with the way the palm pieces are fitting (especially that bottom one). I'll probably have to re-make that one, as I don't think it's quite long enough to attach to the back of the hand properly. Once I have the base pieces done I'll start working on the thumb and fingers (and the rest of it!), but I wanted to get this part done first so I'd have something to attach everything to! Though I really wish I could find better pictures of the palm so I can figure out how everything attaches!

I'm definitely going to have to go to the hardware store for bits and bobs to attach to the hand/arm. I might have time for that this weekend, though I don't think I'm quite at that stage yet with my build!

IMG_1816.JPG IMG_1817.JPG

I'm working on a belt build for a friend. Here's a current WIP of the emblem. I'm scuplting the cross pieces and the bottom teeth now.

Has anyone had luck sourcing the chains for the belt? Ive found plenty of jewelry chain but it all seems a bit small.

captured_by_snapseed_120_2.jpg

for the long claw finger shape, I've been searching. I may be some sort of Ice Axe or a ratcheting clamp for trees or a tree tool. It looks like in actuality it is two parts and they curve in on either side to be round on top.

So I gave up on looking for that tool on the middle finger and also just threw out the original hand I made the first time around, it looked pretty bad. So I've started a new build on the arm and I'm almost done with the hand, spent the better half of my weekend trying to do this. And almost everything including that unidentifiable tool everyone is up in a roar about, is made from aluminum sheet. I purchased a piece that was thick enough to hold up but thin enough to cut with heavy duty scissors, I'm pretty satisfied with the results

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

claw hands.jpgarm cap 1.png

So I hear those claw hands have been baffling.

I found this flooring/roofing knife whose blade looks like a pretty close match. It has the right curve and the serration after the sharp pointy bit.
Wish I didn't have to get two knives just for two blades, they didn't have replacement blades at the hardware store that was closing for business (at least they were half off...)!

Well, that's it. I'm throwing in the towel on the boots. I just spent the better part of six hours looking at thousands of eBay listings and Zappos and Revzilla and Google and I don't think I'm any closer than when I started. A motorcycle enthusiast friend thinks they're fashion boots. The closest I've seen in terms of the Velcro closures are AGV/Prexport boots from the early '90s. The best part? I'm not even doing Furiosa. I'm just in it for the hunt!

If I had to have a pair right now, I'd go with these Motoboss boots. There's a pair on auction right now.

$_57.jpg

Here are my best reference pics. I swear I've seen that sole before but I can't find it online. The shot of the inside of her left boot confuses me because it also looks like a Velcro closure. I'm really starting to lean toward custom or heavily modified boots. (Or would, if I still cared.) :)

Good luck.

Furiosa right leg 2.jpegFuriosa left boot right side.jpegFuriosa boot sole.jpegFuriosa stunt boot sole.jpegFuriosa Max soles.jpegFuriosa boot sole alt.jpegFuriosa right leg.jpegFuriosa left boot 3.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I might've found one that is pretty darn close but its yet again like everything on this build costly. I think I have rattled my brain to the point of giving up and throwing in the towel on that hook knife but this was the closest I could come to before my hopes and dreams where shattered and yes I researched almost every knife, tool, axe, axepick, ice pick, or other climbing and utility tools. It must be as some people say on this thread a "custom Job" (whomp)

knife.jpg
This is the Gerber Crisis Hook knife, and here is the link http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/c...doehvcMiGfJNoVCXw1I1qex7zyT-vDQSCgBoCs2zw_wcB

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back