The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

My screen-capping software doesn't want to work with TLJ. Anybody want to hook my up with some nice HD shots of Kylo Ren's saber? Specifically, a shot of the moment it stiops spinning on the floor after Snoke makes Rey drop it would be great.

My screen-capping software doesn't want to work with TLJ. Anybody want to hook my up with some nice HD shots of Kylo Ren's saber? Specifically, a shot of the moment it stiops spinning on the floor after Snoke makes Rey drop it would be great.

Wish I could help you buddy :(

From 4K BluRay (uding my PC and UHD 1080p monitor). It's darker than normal 1080p BluRay but Q is better.

Star.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.BDREMUX.2160p.4K.UltraHD.HEVC.HDR.ExKinoRay.mkv_snapshot_01.43.22.jpgStar.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.BDREMUX.2160p.4K.UltraHD.HEVC.HDR.ExKinoRay.mkv_snapshot_01.43.49.jpgStar.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.BDREMUX.2160p.4K.UltraHD.HEVC.HDR.ExKinoRay.mkv_snapshot_01.44.23.jpgStar.Wars.The.Last.Jedi.2017.BDREMUX.2160p.4K.UltraHD.HEVC.HDR.ExKinoRay.mkv_snapshot_02.18.07.jpg

WOW that is one hell of a detailed lightsaber PDF!!!

I’m wondering if anyone had high resolution photos of the Master Replicas blueprints? They are HARD to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SethS going through the book the other day. Shouldn't this say "Yuma Stunt"? Just wondering, since the other resin V3 stunt doesn't have a nipple on the end of the emitter. The Yuma however does have a nipple.

Untitled.png

Also on the V3 resin stunt. Is that the saber that Luke tosses at the end of his duel with Vader? Considering it's chipped off on the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
The were multiple resin pulls from the V3. Given the nature of the stunt, the worn paint on the rings, and the fact the neck/emitter is bent, a lot of us assume this is a resin. The nipples could come or go easily, especially since they likely left the blade on for making the cast.

We’ve debated the toss-saber and haven’t come to a definitive conclusion.

That nipple we see on Luke’s belt may not even be a nipple, could actually be a pour spout

Don’t know how much I believe this, but it could be possible

The nipple-less resin one was also for the R2 air-cannon shot. Consensus agrees that it was sanded down to fit inside the gag R2.

Everything I know and have is in the book!

That's sad:cry

I've been wondering if V3 was repainted for RotJ? I know it got repainted for the tours. But the paint job it sports in RotJ doesn't look like a leftover ANH paint job. Most notably it doesn't have any black paint or remnants of black paint on the "booster" section above the pommel. And the chrome tape around the clamp. It all makes me think that the V3 was intended to replace the V2 has the "hero" saber, but they decided to make it into the stunt saber. Add to that, that Yuma and later the Hero copy the basic paint scheme of the V3.

This is pure speculation on my part, but booster aside, I do think it’s an ANH paint job. The V2 also has the copper/brass paint windvane. Most of the ANH pics we have of the Obi stunt sabers are of the V2, which you can spot by the lever. Not sure where the V3 was used, or if it was a back-up. It could have been used in the cantina scenes, no way to know.

The holes in the clamp say to me that that part was used on an ESB Graflex stunt. While the V2 and V3 were retrofitted for ESB duelling, they used the set screw blade retention method not the allen head screws like the Graflex and MPP. Given our limited look at the lower bodies of Graflex stunts, I can't say this for sure— just a theory.

I think onscreen the V3 has its original paintjob in ROTJ that was enhanced to match the hero when it went out on tour. The worn copper of the windvane you can spot in the duel seems similar to the V3.

Last edited:
That's sad:cry

I've been wondering if V3 was repainted for RotJ? I know it got repainted for the tours. But the paint job it sports in RotJ doesn't look like a leftover ANH paint job. Most notably it doesn't have any black paint or remnants of black paint on the "booster" section above the pommel. And the chrome tape around the clamp. It all makes me think that the V3 was intended to replace the V2 has the "hero" saber, but they decided to make it into the stunt saber. Add to that, that Yuma and later the Hero copy the basic paint scheme of the V3.

Watch the Vader fight scene closely.. u can still see black paint on that booster. There is a thread kicking around where I went scene by scene, the emitter still has a lot of black as well, and the neck is still brown/copper paint at this time

Watch the Vader fight scene closely.. u can still see black paint on that booster. There is a thread kicking around where I went scene by scene, the emitter still has a lot of black as well, and the neck is still brown/copper paint at this time

Black paint of the V3? Went through Star Wars Screencaps last night and didn't see anything. There's like two good shots of that saber, and those are in SethS guide:D
And looking at this picture

126125a2de7e93f5410493e53cf02bb2.jpg

there doesn't appear to be any on the "booster" section.

Now it's totally plausible that all the paint wore away. For instance, the V2 you can watch as it progressively loses more and more paint while filming. The deleted sandstorm scene, you can see it has quite a bit of paint. On the Emperor's chair, not so much. And when he catches it on the skiff, even less.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back