The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Got some new pics of the sample Vol 2 pants I'm having done, the photos aren't high quality but the pants are looking good.

Tlp3pvP.jpg

JtwKJE5.jpg

aNinYnJ.jpg

And these are the pants that he wears most of the time with the short jacket (I say most because, in the middle of one scene, they occasionally change. Continuity FTW).

Those look like they'll end up looking good, some similar features to the VOL1 pants. Can't wait for the time I can start putting together a VOL2 build. I already got my Zune....:D

I've actually been trying to order the VOL1 pants from overseas, but they sent me to terribly made customs. Too high, too low....they don't understand rise. My nerves are shot where it comes to providing sizes....LOL. Now I want to order a Danny Jacket and I'm scared to death of giving him the sizes and it turning out wrong somehow.....:(

Those look like they'll end up looking good, some similar features to the VOL1 pants. Can't wait for the time I can start putting together a VOL2 build. I already got my Zune....:D

I've actually been trying to order the VOL1 pants from overseas, but they sent me to terribly made customs. Too high, too low....they don't understand rise. My nerves are shot where it comes to providing sizes....LOL. Now I want to order a Danny Jacket and I'm scared to death of giving him the sizes and it turning out wrong somehow.....:(
Don't worry about it, if it's the wrong size we'll exchange it ;)

Haha nice! What model did you end up using for the base troll?

There are actually a few different ones in there:

20170626_204955.jpg

Only 3 of these are the correct screen accurate troll as displayed next to the tape deck on the Milano.

A few of these outfits were made from scratch. Working on a smaller outfit for the tiny trolls on the right that fit inside the orb.

Mine arrived yesterday.

My cheapo 90's Walkman broke last convention. So disc or digital until I can get a new one. Gives me an excuse to drag out the Zune.

@TIGCreations
Forgot to mention. River Rafter shirt came in a bit ago too.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone already found and posted - But Merchoid is selling a very accurate (and licensed) version of the Gears Shift shirt. Just wanted to pass it on.

It's kinda funny that they've had the "only three left" text there for a couple months! It looks OK but the stitching is incorrect. The type of seam they used for the detailing is wrong.

It's kinda funny that they've had the "only three left" text there for a couple months! It looks OK but the stitching is incorrect. The type of seam they used for the detailing is wrong.

Haha yeah I noticed that about the "3 left" too. Definitely not as much attention to detail as yourself and Soulinertia have put into the shirts. But pretty darn close if someone wants a licensed version. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived yesterday.

My cheapo 90's Walkman broke last convention. So disc or digital until I can get a new one. Gives me an excuse to drag out the Zune.

@TIGCreations
Forgot to mention. River Rafter shirt came in a bit ago too.

Pics of the Walkman? Perhaps I could help suggest how to fix it.
And there's this for a cheap alternative:
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/jrtdf2itxsriynn49jnz.jpg Soulinertia did a repaint on it. SecretAliasMan on FB has a tut on how to repaint and also has the Vol. 2 sticker for it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics of the Walkman? Perhaps I could help suggest how to fix it.
And there's this for a cheap alternative:
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_original/jrtdf2itxsriynn49jnz.jpg @Soulinertia did a repaint on it. SecretAliasMan on FB has a tut on how to repaint and also has the Vol. 2 sticker for it..

It stopped working when i dropped it, but not one sign of physical damage. I'm thinking a belt slipped or something. It's okay, just a cheap 90's unit. I'll just put it away for now and get it fixed later if I need to.

I have been going back and forth over options for a convention piece. The toy-player, which is actually decently sized and would do the trick visually. A shell that can hold a tape. And part of me wants to just get another cheap 90's unit since they work decently and can be gotten cheap.

We'll see. Right now I really need to try and finish up my VOL1 upgrades to the rest of the outfit.

Got a few items delivered today:

SAM_5057.JPG

The Walkman needs a bit of a clean as it won't turn on with fresh batteries, but externally it's in really good condition. I also got a Black 30gb Zune which is charging, and a Brown 30gb Zune is set to be delivered this week. The headphones are only temporary until I find a pair of Sony's.

Admittedly, not a full costume, but...

I went skydiving for the first time this past weekend. Figured if I'm going to do it, I'm going to incorporate *some* manner of cosplay. So I went with the Starlord "gears" shirt. This is the Merchoid version, which actually looks and fits great -- AND withstands a 120mph freefall... :lol

skydive2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back