Jumanji board game

barkhane

Hello,

I'm starting a project about THE jumanji board game. It is a long project and i will post here some information about the work in progress.

Most of people are begining the board game itself. But i decided to begin the tokens for many reasons :
- What is a jumanji game without their tokens ???
- Can i see to the end of this project if i can do not the tokens ?

So i decided to make the token with plastiline and i will mold them later.

So here are the first try of two of them. I need to make some accurate shapes

rhino.jpgcroco.jpg

see you later !

IMG_0208.JPG

The rhino will be difficult to add the "pock" marks. This is a actual picture taken from the DVD.
Notice the horn doesn't come to a sharp point.

IMG_0217.JPG

And I would say the alligator eye should be more elongated instead of round.
(another screen shot.)

Hello Jintosh ,
Thanks for commenting.
Indeed, tokens needs more details. It is just here a first try. I m working with screenshots too.
I m not sure that "pocks" marks of the rhino are so hard to do. We only need very accurate tools.
Perhaps some details will differ a little for creating my own token inspired by the jumanji game.
For example, I don't like the original rhino's horn. I prefer it with the sharp horn. Perhaps I will change it later.
now I 'm starting the monkey...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great so far. I'm working off a kit but also started with the tokens. I finished three and have the monkey left. For the rhino scarring a dremel with a fine drill worked good for me.

Keep updating, love these boards.

Malphas I think the monkey is the most difficult to do. Details of the hand and foot are difficult to render. I m working on it during this summer but the temperature is too high and I can not work my plastiline. The dremel is a good idea. I will think to use it later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello !

The first try of the elephant. It's not finished. I must add some more details

View attachment 359743
I decided to make different details. In fact, i don't really like the movie's token. In the movie, the token had not open ears. In my token i would make open ears for many reason :
- I find an elephant look wilder and stronger with open ears
- I decided to render horns more visible
- I wanted the elephant remember to "babar the elephant" of my childhood. ( I don't know if it's known in US or UK or other else country in the world. Its a little old....)

If you have advices for polishing my synthetic clay, it's welcome.

Don't hesitate to let comments. Thanks.

Yes, I read Babar when I was young. (USA) I believe there was even a season or two in animation.

Well Babar was originally French, so I'm sure it was well spread in Europe and probably worldwide too :)

Last edited:
Hello ! I'm back !
After a break i come back to my jumanji project.
I'm starting to cut the wood.
I use linden wood. It is a good wood for carving.decoupe.jpg

Next step shortly...

I must paste pieces of wood for the top and the board game.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back