Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Why you gotta kill jokes? I mean I dislike the fanboy tear girl as much as anyone, but I found the picture amusing mostly because she was in it.
“Let the joke die. Kill it, if you have to.”

Those seemed like the two options, unfortunately I chose the latter. :lol

Yeah thats not true and has been demonstrated as false multiple times, by many people on many platforms. The behavior of those who were acting in those ways were called out as such. If someone didnt like the film and was not displaying said behavior, then it didnt apply to them. Simple as that. If you do feel any of that was directed towards you, then maybe there was a reason for it.

Where? List them. There are examples from Rian Johnson, JJ Abrams, at least one host of the Star Wars show, SW authors. Syfy.com literally every day up to last week, etc. None of those said "Some Star Wars fans". They had articles titled "Toxic Star Wars Fandom" again where not once did they say "Some SW fans are doing this". I also love when anyone points this out someone like you has to get a dig in and imply, without any evidence, that the people complaining might be racist or misogynist if they have a problem with the article(s). That's just as bad as the people painting all fans with a broad brush.

Edit: On a side note... did anyone see this recent picture of Andi Gutierrez? Does anyone else spy what I spy?
View attachment 834621

Because what I see is mighty curious.

This is why Kathleen. #thisiswhy

I'm fond of this poster.
View attachment 834628

Out of all of them, this one is my absolute favorite. Because it's 100% accurate.
View attachment 834629

RJ depicted as ‘ Doom ‘ is so appropriate ... seeings that’s what he did to the ST imo .

Ged

Where? List them. There are examples from Rian Johnson, JJ Abrams, at least one host of the Star Wars show, SW authors. Syfy.com literally every day up to last week, etc. None of those said "Some Star Wars fans". They had articles titled "Toxic Star Wars Fandom" again where not once did they say "Some SW fans are doing this". I also love when anyone points this out someone like you has to get a dig in and imply, without any evidence, that the people complaining might be racist or misogynist if they have a problem with the article(s). That's just as bad as the people painting all fans with a broad brush.

None of the people you mentioned said all people who disliked a movie are racists or misogynists. They called out people who were spouting off at them with those types of comments. And as for that article you mention, I think you are referring to the one by Marc Bernardin. I'm a big fan of his and read it. He was talking about a specific type of fan that definitely exists within genre fandom these days. There's no reason to make any other qualifying statement because its all implied and in a very obvious way.

I don't know you, so I have no idea if you have ever said something like that or just come across people who think you did. All I know is, as someone who has been a Star Wars fan since day 1, when people talk about the toxicity that exists in the fandom these days, I know they're not talking about me. I just don't see how anyone could think that if they know thats not who they are. I'm curious why you think otherwise since it seems we've seen most of the same type of articles and comments. To me thats the most curious thing about all this.

None of the people you mentioned said all people who disliked a movie are racists or misogynists. They called out people who were spouting off at them with those types of comments.
Yeah, I’m really not sure I’ve seen this idea in any of the “toxicity in Star Wars fandom” articles I’ve read, or in any of the comments I’ve seen from the major players like Rian or JJ.

Establish a broad sweeping narrative, let loose your vast network of sycophant media outlets and fan forums and the rest takes care of itself. Never a shortage of people who love to put themselves on a pedestal and claim they are not A, B or C and and plant seeds of doubt about those who must be A,B or C if they dont conform to the narrative. Who knows what these people get up to when they arent typing away on their keyboards anyway?

It especially grates when you get it from Hollywood hypocrites like Johnson and Abrams who one minute cry foul about there being too many males directing and writing Star Wars movies and then proceed to happily accept multiple gig`s and even trilogies.

Some food for thought, regarding LuscasFilm story group...

Last edited by a moderator:

More stuff from people who just post speculative stuff on YouTube with no real insight or info?

Last edited:

I thought since I was asking a question would imply that I hadn't watched it yet. I dont really care either tbh.

90% of you tube us people commenting on various industries they really have no real insight into. The other 10% is cosplay and music videos.

Some food for thought, regarding LuscasFilm story group...
https://youtu.be/Fc3Ju8W9QlE

Full disclaimer, I didn't watch the video.

Some of the people at the Lucasfilm story group were hired back during the when the Prequels were being made. The two big ones are Leland Chee former keeper of the holocron. And Pablo Hildago. Those two have been responsible for keeping the continuity intact since for years. You can see a young Pablo in some ROTS BTS stuff.

Full disclaimer, I didn't watch the video.

Some of the people at the Lucasfilm story group were hired back during the when the Prequels were being made. The two big ones are Leland Chee former keeper of the holocron. And Pablo Hildago. Those two have been responsible for keeping the continuity intact since for years. You can see a young Pablo in some ROTS BTS stuff.

He's one of the more experienced ones, but even yet it's not much more than the others. He spends most of his time now being a dick to people on Twitter.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/saltierthancrait/comments/8zm8jw/regarding_the_lucasfilm_story_group/

I thought since I was asking a question would imply that I hadn't watched it yet. I dont really care either tbh.

90% of you tube us people commenting on various industries they really have no real insight into. The other 10% is cosplay and music videos.

A question asked and easily answered by watching the video and reading the source material. So you choose not to acknowledge him just because he's a YouTuber? And your qualifications in the industry are...?

Last edited:

He's one of the more experienced ones, but even yet it's not much more than the others. He spends most of his time now being a dick to people on Twitter.

https://amp.reddit.com/r/saltierthancrait/comments/8zm8jw/regarding_the_lucasfilm_story_group/

A question asked and easily answered by watching the video and reading the source material. So you choose not to acknowledge him just because he's a YouTuber? And your qualifications in the industry are...?

There's a little problemon with that post on reddit. The guy is pointing out the lack of writing experience. That's because they aren't actually writing the stories. They give a general direction for where Lucasfilm wants to go, and make sure there isn't any contradictions along the way. Their main job is to keep the new continuity. When you look at Legends, the continuity was all over the place. For instance the plans for the first Death Star were stolen 3 times. Yep, 3 times.

There's a little problemon with that post on reddit. The guy is pointing out the lack of writing experience. That's because they aren't actually writing the stories. They give a general direction for where Lucasfilm wants to go, and make sure there isn't any contradictions along the way. Their main job is to keep the new continuity. When you look at Legends, the continuity was all over the place. For instance the plans for the first Death Star were stolen 3 times. Yep, 3 times.

So in terms of continuity TLJ is a masterpiece?
laughing.gif

1. I'm not posting videos on YouTube

2. I'm not saying I'm in the industry.

3. I haven't even posted anything one way or another about lucasfilm's innner workings because I'm not privy to them. Yet some of the posters in this thread sure seem to know that Kennedy intends to have for breakfast even tho they have no real insight either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back