Alien environmental MK50 suits FINISHED!!

Re: Alien environmental MK50 suit group build PIC HEAVY

thanks guys!

here is a small update, stomach box is almost done waiting on two greebs then alittle clean up then time to mold. wrist bands are ready to mold. helmet is getting close to being ready to mold. we are hoping to make brass etching detail for the helmet like the originals. worse case is we mold the detail separately then glue on the helmet castings.

neck seal is almost done.

here are some pics.

neck seal

wrist band.

thanks for looking!

Fantastic progress!! I saw the soft helmet in the background of one of your pics. Are you using the AN-H-15 or the D-type helmet? Can't really find any definitive info on which was used in the movie. Cheers

Thanks guys! Pat it is the D type dallas wears. I know lambert's was different and I am not sure about kanes

molds and more molds, everything is getting molded. hope to have some castings next week!

here are some pics of the first castings. excuse the dust i trimmed the bottom of the helmet before taking pics. coozco is making the brass etchings for the detail on the helmets. should be awesome!

helmet

stomach box

thanks for looking , more updates coming.

The casts look fantastic!!! The details really came through nicely. Look forward to seeing the finished helmet.

thanks. man. now i can start working on the interior of the helmet.

Absolutely incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing, I'm studying furiously!

Hello, This suit is amazing!

First question,

Does anyone know which flight cap was used during Alien (1979) as you see the cap used by Kane doesn't look like the ANH_15 aliensuit.jpg

I saw the Adam savage Alien suit and he is using the ANH-15, as you can see from this Kane photo it has longer flaps and smaller ear holes. does anyone have any photographs of screen used caps from the movie?

Thanks,

Michael.

Thanks! That is the RAF type D helmet. Tropical pilot cap. If I remember correctly.

thanks , guys.

here is the helmet with the patina.

with the top light.

stomach box, not happy with the grips paint , think of plastidipping the black part of the grips.

neck seal ring and the wrist boxes.

all the casting is done for me and coozco suits. now to the interior of the helmet and wiring everything up. john is making our soft suits. i plan to vacform the interior of the helmet to help cut down on weight.

Looking fantastic!! Did you just use acrylic paint for the patina effect on the helmet?

Yes please, do you think they added a white band on the front of the cap? or does it come in different variants? Thanks for your help!

they wear a undercap under the type d cap. here is a link to the under cap i used.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AVIATRIX-CL...979336?hash=item2efe5ca248:g:HtgAAOxyOMdS2sNR

- - - Updated - - -

Looking fantastic!! Did you just use acrylic paint for the patina effect on the helmet?

thanks! but no, all the parts are cold cast bronze , you buff them with paint thinner and steel wool. then spray down with vinegar and salt , wrap in cling wrap and it patinas. then i heat them with a heat gun and it speeds up the patina process.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back