New alternative for Solo Blaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any consensus on a holster rig that works best with this blaster?
I skimmed through the thread, and saw a couple of tidbits, but nothing really definitive.
What are your thoughts on strapping this bad boy to your leg?

These grips fit perfectly! Where did you get them? I tried swapping out for a set of wood grips from ebay but I'm not entirely happy with how they look. I'd love an alternative for an ANH look.

They look like grips of the Master Replicas Han and Luke ESB Limited Edition Blasters.

Best regards,

Alex

Mine arrived today. Now I have a companion for my original. ;)

Next is to do some weathering.

IMG_20180123_114032.jpgIMG_20180123_114052.jpg

I modified the elevation knob on the scope. I sanded it thinner on my belt sander and filed the mount to match. I then re-made the detent notches.
IMG_20180124_102033.jpg

Then I cut the groove and lightly sanded the knurling to take off some of the sharp edges and make it appear worn. The mount looked too thick to me, so I sanded a bit off. It turns out the scope diameter is the same as a 10 Gauge shotgun shell, so I wrapped some sandpaper around a shell.

IMG_20180124_102044.jpg

I had to make a shorter stop pin.
IMG_20180124_110420.jpg

I filed down the cross-hair bolt to fit the mount.

IMG_20180124_112939.jpg

I blacked it out with a sharpie and weathered it a bit. I'm not totally happy with this and I think I'll paint and weather it again.
IMG_20180124_113431.jpg

I'm pretty satisfied with the end result.

IMG_20180124_113652.jpg

Next is to do something about those plastic grips.

Just curious. Is everyone still ordering from the link on the first post? Or is there a some place else I can order from? Thanks in advance. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back