New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

I don't consider myself an expert, but I have really looked at the studio model images while working on my scratch build ISD and I have noticed a number of areas that need to be improved.

Bridge is too wide.
Back of spine needs more detail and the garbage chute
Shield dome bases need to be reworked
Tw panels on top of superstructure need to be trimmed
Main engines need detail on the inside
Equatorial details need to be added
Main Hanger
Secondary Hanger
Removal of some surface details on the hull.
Additional surface details needed on the hull

The list can go on, and yes I'm a proud "Rivet Counter"

I'm planning on purchasing two of these kits, and the kit looks great as a foundation that needs a little TLC or keep it as is.

I don't consider myself an expert, but I have really looked at the studio model images while working on my scratch build ISD and I have noticed a number of areas that need to be improved.

Bridge is too wide.
Back of spine needs more detail and the garbage chute
Shield dome bases need to be reworked
Tw panels on top of superstructure need to be trimmed
Main engines need detail on the inside
Equatorial details need to be added
Main Hanger
Secondary Hanger
Removal of some surface details on the hull.
Additional surface details needed on the hull

The list can go on, and yes I'm a proud "Rivet Counter"

I'm planning on purchasing two of these kits, and the kit looks great as a foundation that needs a little TLC or keep it as is.

I'm hoping some industrious person will make some replacement parts for a few of those things you mentioned. Not sure if someone would make a correctly scaled bridge section, but that would be nice.

I'm not as rivet counter as some people, but I like to correct what I can if it's not too much of a hassle.

I'll probably buy two and I doubt I'll do much correcting although the bridge size is pretty obvious. To me I'm just interested in it as a kit and an interpretation of the subject. I have the Anigrand SD and will certainly by a Bandai one if they ever produce one. The Zvezda version seems like a fun opportunity for lighting.

I want to know what the underside of the parts look like, such as internal bracing and what not. Hopefully they will post scans or shots of the instruction sheets. They seem to be pretty forthcoming with pictures of their new kit.

Yeah, I've seen some speculation that the revell listing is going to be a repackaged zvezda. "Gift set" in the revell description is a bit confusing though. And of course the revell listing is more expensive

"Gift set" means it is a traditional glue together kit which comes with some colours, some glue and a brush. This gift set is said to be in 1/2670 scale, the Zvezda is in 1/2700 scale. Not a huge difference. Yesterday Revell announced three special limited kits to commemorate the 40th anniversary of ANH. The first two are re-issues (Luke's Land and Speeder and the TIE in 1/65), the second is a Star Destroyer based on the first film. So there might be hope that this is a re-pack of the Zvezda. :)

Interesting- found another listing for the revell item number, but at 89.99E - same as the projected cost of the zvezda. April 2017 release date., paint not included. Hmmmmmm......

Pulled from Revell of Germany's website.

Attachments

• comp_26_06052-Imperial-Star-Destroyer-40-Years-Star-Wars.jpg
    comp_26_06052-Imperial-Star-Destroyer-40-Years-Star-Wars.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 593
Revell re-boxed the Zvezda Black Swan kit - the one that was supposed to be the Black Pearl from POTC.

If Revell Germany have an exclusive license for Star Wars kits in Europe - then it makes sense for Zvezda to let them sell it under the Revell brand.

OK - I think this has been mentioned before but I'll re-mention it with apologies if it offends anyone...

This version of the SD seems to be a Rogue one blending of the 2 SD's we know and love - the 3 footer and the 8 footer. and this is just my opinion so don't shoot me here... I think we need a LOT more reference of the Rogue one SD before we declare anything on this model to be out of proportion or inaccurate. The few shots I've seen were at odd angles that make direct comparisons difficult or had heavy shadows.

Long and short this blended version is effectively SD version 3 that this kit may be accurate(ish) to... Lets face it we'll always find "something" to "correct" :D

So while I love the discussion I would advise patience until we have enough data on the new SD to make a detailed comparison to versions 1 and 2, and the model as delivered.to know all the differences. Waiting while difficult will save a lot of brain cycles "fixing" things that may not really need to be "fixed". I hope that was kinda clear :)

Jedi Dade

Be that as it may the SD in the Rogue One trailers seems to have the correct bridge scaling, in keeping with what we saw in the OT. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back