Kylo Ren Hood Fabric found

Lifeburn

Sr Member
I found this at Joann's fabric. I have been studying Kylo's hood fabric for a while and this stuff is almost an exact match. It's in the "Yaya Han" cosplay fabric line and is quite pricey ($29.99 per yard), luckily I just needed 2 yards to make the hood for a display.

This is the fabric just draped over my Kylo Ren helmet, no sewing yet.
30378650762_bc9f5c27a5_b.jpg
Kylo ren fabric by Matthew Crotts, on Flickr

The lighting on this is off but it's just to show the detail in the weave, rest assured it is dark black.
30407959641_49a45f48c1_b.jpg
Kylo Ren fabric by Matthew Crotts, on Flickr

30407955471_37c70b747d_b.jpg
Kylo Ren fabric by Matthew Crotts, on Flickr

I believe it's a cheaper version of Sni9er's fabric that CosplayFabrics did in association with YayaHan which is being distributed by Joanns? Don't quote me on that. Glad to see what it looks like in context, though. I might bite the bullet and try get it shipped to NZ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid 12$per yard for it today. I'm doing the same thing you did when my anovos helmet comes in. Do you happen to know of a good pattern to follow? I have seen a bunch of different methods but would love a pattern that is accurate or close to it.

I paid 12$per yard for it today. I'm doing the same thing you did when my anovos helmet comes in. Do you happen to know of a good pattern to follow? I have seen a bunch of different methods but would love a pattern that is accurate or close to it.

Not a bad idea with the Anovos helmet. I might have to do the same!

That is the one I was looking at too. I am thinking about adding a thin wire around the edge inside the seam to help with shaping it.

There are two main problems with the McCall pattern. One, it comes out too small, it's like the size of a hoodie hood, the second is the main seam is down the middle of the hood which it shouldn't be.

I'll post a pic of the one I made later when I'm not on mobile.

Hmmm... very good to see this thread! Been looking for this for some time now. Im more knowledgeable with the Fetts rather than kylo or vader, so there was no way i wouldve figured this out. Great job!

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back