ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Thanks. Shipping has been a sticky wicket for us for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, we ship big boxes, so the dimensional weight is far more than the standard boxes you get from FEDEX or even USPS flat rates. When it then comes to International shipments, we are then faced with a bigger issue of shipping from China to USA then USA to Europe.

We are working on developing sites that will receive our shipments direct from China and we can then ship from UK site to the EU. We are developing this now and will announce it when it comes. But yes, the shippign prices are insane for our UK markets.

This is good news. Given sterling current nosedive into the ground and the Uk import tax purchasing anything from overseas now is becoming very very costly.

Thanks. Shipping has been a sticky wicket for us for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, we ship big boxes, so the dimensional weight is far more than the standard boxes you get from FEDEX or even USPS flat rates. When it then comes to International shipments, we are then faced with a bigger issue of shipping from China to USA then USA to Europe.

We are working on developing sites that will receive our shipments direct from China and we can then ship from UK site to the EU. We are developing this now and will announce it when it comes. But yes, the shippign prices are insane for our UK markets.

Thanks.

But do you really think it´s a good decision to build up a UK based Warehouse for fullfilling EU orders?

They left the EU, so not to far in the future there will be a tax barrier between UK and the rest of the EU.

Wouldn´t it be better to build your distribution center in Belgium (just for example, any EU country would work)? That way only the UK and no other country would have the extra TAX when shipping inside europe. With building it in UK only UK would not have the extra tax, but all other europe countries would have.

A addon of 20% (at least) for all european customers (outside UK) is definately effecting the customers endprice. Having to pay those taxes would be a expense that will often make a difference if someone decides to place a order.

I'm hoping for some good news regarding shipping closer to home too - I've given up ordering standalone helmets until (hopefully) things improve as shipping just to Canada on those is now 2-3 times what I paid for shipping on my whole TK kit. That's several hundred dollars on something roughly a cubic foot.

Thanks.

But do you really think it´s a good decision to build up a UK based Warehouse for fullfilling EU orders?

They left the EU, so not to far in the future there will be a tax barrier between UK and the rest of the EU.

Wouldn´t it be better to build your distribution center in Belgium (just for example, any EU country would work)? That way only the UK and no other country would have the extra TAX when shipping inside europe. With building it in UK only UK would not have the extra tax, but all other europe countries would have.

A addon of 20% (at least) for all european customers (outside UK) is definately effecting the customers endprice. Having to pay those taxes would be a expense that will often make a difference if someone decides to place a order.

Michael, this is a very astute point. We are still weighing the effects of where the ship point should be in light of Brexit

I think I know what you're asking. When it comes to items shipping vs about to ship it is simply a staffing issue. Keep in mind, when items of ship, we are talking about at minimum 100's of orders and in the case of popular items, 1000's. So, it might take as long as a week or even two weeks to get the pre-orders out simply because the limitation of manpower. I hope that helps ?

Thanks bro, I appreciate the answer.
The rumors can be quite...distressing.

Best of luck, I honestly hope you all get it all up to speed like you want to.

Yep, it was for a TNG Command Tunic, once again thanks for taking the time and coming on and clearing things up! :thumbsup

Ah ! okay, I know what you're asking. We also use a third party fulfillment partner which was an artifact from the only-Star Trek days. Yes, they only shipped our stuff once a week which was one of the main issues we had with them along with the mis-shipments (people were getting poka dot shirts, no kidding) . We are moving away from them and have developed our own warehouse system and will be shipping most things from our warehouse, which is more than once a week.

Got Maul: so, say everything goes smoothly with approvals for the Kylo helmet....is there a ballpark timeframe for when we might expect them to start shipping (like even in terms of 'x' number of weeks)?

Also are preorders usually filled in the order they were ordered (like a queue)? I only ask because I ordered mine just before the tier 1 pricing finished (Dec 1 '15) and wasn't sure where that would put me in terms of shipments...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Got Maul: so, say everything goes smoothly with approvals for the Kylo helmet....is there a ballpark timeframe for when we might expect them to start shipping (like even in terms of 'x' number of weeks)?

Also are preorders usually filled in the order they were ordered (like a queue)? I only ask because I ordered mine just before the tier 1 pricing finished (Dec 1 '15) and wasn't sure where that would put me in terms of shipments...

IF all goes all well, I am targeting on water by November and delivery by December.

Typically orders are handled by batches and the batches are queued by time. So if you have 100 people, batches might be first 50 and last 50. Within that 50 though, everything goes out at same time and depending on where you live could determine when you get it.

IF all goes all well, I am targeting on water by November and delivery by December.

Typically orders are handled by batches and the batches are queued by time. So if you have 100 people, batches might be first 50 and last 50. Within that 50 though, everything goes out at same time and depending on where you live could determine when you get it.

cool, thanks very much for the info :)

I can't wait to get my Kylo helmet! I've pre-ordered every helmet you guys have put out and have high hopes for Anovos after receiving my TK kit and getting a hold of the 501st TFA helmet. Thanks for keeping us updated! Any word on the Snowtrooper helmets?

By the way, here is my unboxing of that TFA helmet :) https://youtu.be/_x0uUj9Qn9o

Did this ever get looked into?

I am looking at this now. I am going to get this double checked. I am a solid 34" on my pant size and our medium fits me perfect. Give me a sec and will get back to you.

Is the smallest Han Solo 3 Hole Belt you sell 36" - 38"? You don't have any smaller than that?
Waist Hip
Small36"-38"31"
Medium40"-42"32"
Large44"-46"33"
Extra Large48"-50"34"
2X-Large52"-54"35"

that is correct and why the one pager was a limitation . We are moving to having that page stay up with a bit more detail and also an email system. As for the premier's those are cleared for distribution as long as it is approved by LF to separate the ship out. The Standard are being looked at by LF tonight and hopefully cleared to go as well. We should have clarity this week and will let you guys know asap. I am trying to aim for before- Halloween.

How did it go with the standard?

Does anyone make the Dagobah training T-Shirt to go with the ANOVOS Bespin Costume? I am trying to put together a complete costume for Halloween.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, I got that. I'm telling you your analogy sucked.

Not to mention that in your analogy, the items started first, would get finished first. Once again.... not Anovos.
So everything isn't on the same line. The point is each product goes through a series of steps, most likely in a very similar sequence. People who work on a particular step may have nothing to do with other steps.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Hey Got Maul, if you're feeling chatty...
I've ordered and received the Vader helmet and the FO Stormtrooper helmet. I've ordered and have yet to receive the OT Stormtrooper completed ensemble, the Kylo Ren ensemble, the Vader mantle and Life Support. All of the items I ordered were tier one (when applicable). I would hope this shows my eagerness and patience as a customer.
I'm not a trooper, I only use Star Wars costumes for Halloween. I'm now about to go through my second Halloween without my Stormtrooper armor. I know some have been sent out. How is it determined how these are shipped? And why were these all not fulfilled Q3 as noted? I only ask because logic would dictate that while kits are for people who want to take the time to craft their armor for cons and appearances throughout the year, ensembles are for unskilled clowns like me who only want fancy halloween costumes (half kidding.) That seems like it would make sense to get those out in time for the end of October.
I now see that the Kylo Ren has been moved back to next year. I was never under the illusion that I would get it at the beginning of Q4 this year, but as with all my Anovos purchases I was hopeful.
I also have a question about my most recent NYCC purchase. I have a mostly completed Vader but I picked up the Vader mantle and life support at the con. I know my existing cape is not compatible the new mantle so I was anxious to purchase a new cape as well. The rep was nice enough to offer me the con discount for the cape but I have yet to find an option to buy it. And again, I'm seeing no assurances of a shipping date on any of the Vader items even though I've seen in other posts there is an abundance of Vader items in your warehouse. In case I hadn't stated this before- I NEED SOMETHING FOR HALLOWEEN. I would hope a costuming company would make Halloween a priority. (That sounds all privledgey but you know what? I paid my hard earned money. Something in return would be nice)
Last point- I've seen no option for a FO Stormtrooper completed ensemble without the helmet for all of us who purchased the standard helmet last year. Again... no skills. I just want armor to wear. Will this be offered?
And believe me, I've tried the chat options but they offer nothing outside of the info that's on the FAQ of the Anovos site.
Help me Got Maul, you're my only hope.

Last edited:

Hi. Can we please have your "inside source" update on the Snowtrooper costume? Its been like 2 years since I paid for it now. I just want to know where it is, nothing seems to be happening in the last several months with it.

@ Got Maul May I have a follow-up on these two items at your earliest convenience? (or did you follow up, but I somehow missed it?)

gman71 said: @Got Maul. Will the Han Solo Bespin premiere and the Han Solo Holster be shipped by Halloween? I need the information to determine my course of action this year and I'm running out of time. This is the third time I've asked, but all this back-and-forth flaming has gotten the question buried, I believe.
I am looking at the ship ability of the uniform now. It is missing the final LF approval step on it to get it approved for distribution. The good news is the oufit and custom box is done, it is literally just waiting for this final paperwork to send out. I will update this space when I find out more today.

As for the holster, those are done too but it had some quality issues with the greeblies. Basically we had to invest another $10k into tooling to get the greeblies injected plastic in order to be durable. That cost us time and as described above are trying to get special permission to send these out and send the greeblies later on.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back