The Daily Prophet - Harry Potter

Hi

For the simple use of Harry Potter Wikia, you could transcribe us texts shows in ads for "Wandistons", "Self-hypnotism", "Beard-bag", "How to beguile people" and "Classified (witch's coven, darks detectors...)" ?

This has nothing of plagiarizing your work, just to share these youngs kicks with potterhead !

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Last edited:
Hey Follows

Thanks for you interest!

Well, I can't give it all away. But here's some interesting information from the paper.

I - That should be "Wandingtons" not "Wandistons" and it goes as follows:

"Wand Extensions, Reshaping and Alignment
WANDINGTONS - For all your wand woes!
Short, Stubby Wand? Crooked Tip? Aiming Issues?

Just send a self addressed Owl to - - -
"

II - Also, here you go an extract from one of my favorites, the Beard Bag advertisement:

"Are you tired of constantly wiping mustard from your face furniture? Of brushing dried bat jam from your bristly chin hedge? WELL LOOK NO FURTHER! Prepare to once again enjoy your post-mealtimes with the BEARD BAG! a simple, comfortable solution to your suppertime woes - - - "

Hope it does shed some light on the type of curious creative content inside the newspaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Wes/Nurmengard !

One question for all, "face furniture" and "chin hedge" is of the slang for beard? It is good that? Because I have French friends who would like to translate them ... but do not arrive there!

And the rest of the "Beard Bag" ad is good "Are you tired of constantly wiping mustard from your face furniture ? Of brushing dried bat jam your bristly chin hedge? WELL LOOK NO FURTHER! Prepare to once again enjoy your post-mealtimes with the BEARD BAG! a simple, comfortable solution to your suppertime woes --- Attach the BEARD BAG over your ears and watch the BEARD BAG take the lead! Easily wand washable and in different sizes, the BEARD BAG now comes with optional TASH STASH moustache cover! Act now to avoid disappointment. Please send the loan below the BEARD TOWERS by owl for a prompt service!" (I transcribed it from a photo in low resolution) ?

Thank you again and thank you in advance in all

Regards, Follows

Last edited:
Thanks, Wes/Nurmengard !

One question for all, "face furniture" and "chin hedge" is of the slang for beard? It is good that? Because I have French friends who would like to translate them ... but do not arrive there!

And the rest of the "Beard Bag" ad is good "Are you tired of constantly wiping mustard from your face furniture ? Of brushing dried bat jam your bristly chin hedge? WELL LOOK NO FURTHER! Prepare to once again enjoy your post-mealtimes with the BEARD BAG! a simple, comfortable solution to your suppertime woes --- Attach the BEARD BAG over your ears and watch the BEARD BAG take the lead! Easily wand washable and in different sizes, the BEARD BAG now comes with optional TASH STASH moustache cover! Act now to avoid disappointment. Please send the loan below the BEARD TOWERS by owl for a prompt service!" (I transcribed him(it) from a photo in low resolution) ?

Thank you again and thank you in advance in all

Regards, Follows

You got it, it's exactly the meaning. Not that I've heard those ones before but makes perfect sense to me.

Thank you!! I do really appreciate your compliments!
LorduDesign - Sure! I will be sharing more over the coming months! Keep an eye out on this thread!

Hey,
any thoughts on new wizarding newspaper? "New York Ghost" from new Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie! I think that's great looking newspaper!
Fantastic-Beasts-And-Where-To-Find-Them-newspaper.jpg

Yeah, I really looked closely at that also. I thought it might be 'Ghost', but wasn't completely sure. Don't know what else it could be though, so yeah, it must be The New York Ghost. It's great to know we have our own magical newspapers here in the USA also! The 1920's would be great fodder for so many great article ideas!

The paper looks beautiful!

It resembles much more a muggle newspaper than The Daily Prophet style though.

Either way I look forward seeing more details of this one in the future.

Do you have back page or only front? If you have back can you please help me with some missing words in the articles?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back