Captain Marvel

This is her Kree uniform. It won't be recolored in post. She'll wear the classic red/blue costume at some point.

Kree-Military-Uniforms-2.jpg

Notice the 95 expiration year on the motorcycle license plate. We knew this was supposed to take place in the 90's already but that basically confirms this costume is going to be in the 90's. They may reserve the red/blue one for the end of this movie or Avengers. I could see them doing a time jump in the end of the movie or something.

From a production point of view it makes no sense to deliberately create a costume just to change it's color later in post-prod. VFX cost a lot of money, I very much doubt that switching fabric or whatever it is from green/black to blue/red physically would be cheaper through VFX rather than physically. I know money most likely isn't a big issue for Marvel but still, that would be throwing money through the window plain and simple...
So definitely a "proto" suit, before her final suit. It's weirdly baggy though, but maybe it make it more confortable for an action scene or something...

Is it just me, or does she seem to be sporting "The Rachel" haircut?

Considering its supposed to take place in the 90s, that would make sense. Also fits with her wearing the blue\green Kree costume and maybe later on upgrading to the red, blue, and gold.

Red & gold or teal & black, I like this costume. If there's one thing that Marvel does consistently right in the MCU is costume design, they really know how to design a good looking costume. I like that their costumes aren't too busy and/or overly textured like most of the DCEU's are.

I actually like this costume. I wonder if there was too much red & gold, red & blue going on in within the Avengers team already

Red & gold or teal & black, I like this costume. If there's one thing that Marvel does consistently right in the MCU is costume design, they really know how to design a good looking costume. I like that their costumes aren't too busy and/or overly textured like most of the DCEU's are.

Except for the Iron Spider suit. That thing is the epitome of too busy/overly designed.

From a production point of view it makes no sense to deliberately create a costume just to change it's color later in post-prod. VFX cost a lot of money, I very much doubt that switching fabric or whatever it is from green/black to blue/red physically would be cheaper through VFX rather than physically. I know money most likely isn't a big issue for Marvel but still, that would be throwing money through the window plain and simple...
So definitely a "proto" suit, before her final suit. It's weirdly baggy though, but maybe it make it more confortable for an action scene or something...

Exactly! It's ridiculous how many people are claiming that this is "some sort of green-screen suit" and that they'll change the colors in post. That makes absolutely zero sense. It's her Kree uniform, end of story.

It is slightly baggy, but it fits in with the aesthetic of the other MCU costumes. It looks similar to Cap's costume, which is a little baggy to allow for a full range of motion and comfort. The MCU for the most part is all about militarized, practical superhero costumes.

So... I'm not in love with the costume colors. I don't mind the design; it's very flight-suit-y, which fits with her pilot background, but the colors are just... Meh. Here's hoping this is, as others have speculated, a proto-suit and that she'll have her proper colors by the mid-way point of the movie at the latest.

I CAN'T WAIT to see someone with Brie Larson's talent take on the character of Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel!

I've been a fan of Ms Marvel since I read the fantastic 2006 run.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back