Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Anyone find it odd that we STILL have never seen a clear shot of the actual Knights of Ren that were in the film, like the finished costumes? Just concept art and those super dark raining screencaps. No behind the scenes shots or visual dictionary production photos.

That's a misfire mate, if you read back you'll find that I really wasn't
happy with the movie. What I meant that those who love it simply started to call those who don't haters and just call them names instead of doing civil discussion and acknowledging difference of opinion. You know, it's okay to hate on a hater. Mud-wrestling in plain English that I really don't feel like so, I guess that'll be one less person involved here.

Not a miss fire , a joke I purposely ignored everything else you said and focused on the one bit I wanted ! A satirical way of pushing your own point forward but wah wah . you missed it I failed in my funny !!!

Yes. Lack of direction and a disregard for what came before. The whole thing plays out like a one off movie. Everything wraps up at the end with nothing hanging over to the next movie. Much like ANH, except that GL didn't make it as part of a trilogy. At the time, George had one shot at making the movie he wanted, it's success allowed for a sequel or two.
This is probably why RJ turned down epIX. He made TLJ as if it was his one and only chance to do a SW movie.
To me, it seems self indulgent, shortsighted and naive. Every explaination he gives for all the errors, omissions and wtf moments just expose his fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars. Whether you subscribe or not to the concept of SWIQ as coined by @The Wook, somethings are not right with this movie.
I would liken it to watching bad cgi, your mind knows something is wrong and wil not accept it.

This is great. Rian just tweeted a series of photos. The first shows a shelf of books presumably in his home. Then he does a close up showing he has the books The Jedi Path and The Book of Sith. He cracks open Jedi Path to the section titled Advanced Force Techniques and finally this entry...

Attachments

• 5EEB0103-8915-4AA9-9D95-F84D9800576F.jpeg
    5EEB0103-8915-4AA9-9D95-F84D9800576F.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 88
Jibberish AND nonsense my good man! :lol

This is great. Rian just tweeted a series of photos. The first shows a shelf of books presumably in his home. Then he does a close up showing he has the books The Jedi Path and The Book of Sith. He cracks open Jedi Path to the section titled Advanced Force Techniques and finally this entry...

Is that part of the EU?

Yes. Lack of direction and a disregard for what came before. The whole thing plays out like a one off movie. Everything wraps up at the end with nothing hanging over to the next movie. Much like ANH, except that GL didn't make it as part of a trilogy. At the time, George had one shot at making the movie he wanted, it's success allowed for a sequel or two.
This is probably why RJ turned down epIX. He made TLJ as if it was his one and only chance to do a SW movie.
To me, it seems self indulgent, shortsighted and naive. Every explaination he gives for all the errors, omissions and wtf moments just expose his fundamental misunderstanding of Star Wars. Whether you subscribe or not to the concept of SWIQ as coined by @The Wook, somethings are not right with this movie.
I would liken it to watching bad cgi, your mind knows something is wrong and wil not accept it.
Damn this is a great post. Well said.

I find that answer vague and unconvincing!

When it comes in to canon questions that’s his usual methodology. :) But just like Thrawn being brought into Rebels canon, if Rian used it then it’s official, at least the specific bit from the book, perhaps not all entries in the book, though.

Last edited:

He should have added one more reference....

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back