Question for owners of Anakin Starkiller Luke V2 lightsaber...

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just got one of these (from the first run) from a fellow member, and upon pieces it together, I noticed something strange. There is a ring in the main body section, near the neck, that appears to be jammed in at an angle. This is preventing the rod from going in far enough to be flush with emitter. Did anyone else experience this? Does anyone know what this might be? I tried with moderate force to remove it to no avail. But I don't want to force it too much if it's supposed to be there...

Luke V2 Ring.jpg

I could be wrong but it kind of looks like a part of a bearing thats jammed in there. I had one from the 2nd run and didn’t have a ring there. Did yours cone with a rod and bearing?

Yep, that is the bearing that came with the kit. I would use a rod to back it out by tapping the rod and lightsaber on a hard surface, lightsaber up, and the rod making contact. I hope that makes sense.

Yea I heard the second run had an inside flange that was too small or shaped incorrectly, like round instead of flat.

That's most likely the outer ring of a bearing jammed in there. I've never been able to separate those, so god knows how that happened

Put it in the freezer for 10 minutes or so, then pull it out and give the sabe a took couple of taps with you hand see if it falls out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kinda have a problem that is likely similar due to the bearing not fitting properly so that the hole on the bearing and in the neck don't align properly and so the rod just jams and won't go through. If I really really force it, it ends up popping all the way throguh. Since I have no tools at home I gave up and have just left it for now. How did people resolve this?

Finally got it out - does look like the outer section of a bearing ring. Strange. Took lots of careful tapping with long tools/hammer to get it at 90 degrees, then tapped it out with a rod the same diameter as the hole:

saber ring out.jpg

if you have enough length, a plumbing grommet or rubber washer with a bevel might help your new bearing sit at 90 degrees,...

I tried the bearing, but there was the alignment issue as well. So, I used a shaft collar. Works perfect, & actually spins remarkably well too.
Glad you got it out.

Brandon mentioned a grooved rod way back when he posted in the V2 thread. I took a dremel cutting disc and cut a slot all the way around the tip of the rod (like the pommel flange) for the set screws!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back