MR Leia Pistol Disassembly

There is one on Shapeways (search "Leia Blaster").

I got a a cast of a real one from Odiwan72 but it was part of a Margolin casting set/kit. So I can't say if he is willing to sell parts or not... I guess you can ask.

Thanks, will pm him. I would really like a alminium or steel replica or the real thing ;-)

is the flash hider on the master replica all wrong? it seem longer and thinner then the original?

HAUwBc4.jpg

Last edited:
Clutch

I recently modified a Rubies Leia blaster. My main concern was making a pristine blaster but fear of the paint making it just look like painted plastic. I decided to utilize a technique used by others on this board that I liked but never tried; a powder graphite rub. I used a flat black base, then rubbed on the graphite powder, applied a matte sealer, then applied a black acrylic paint wash. I was very pleased with the results. as I was doing this, I often thought about your rebuild.

I have pictures posted but not sure if it does the finish justice. If you are interested, check it out: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=210211&page=5&p=3722250&viewfull=1#post3722250

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, you did a man's job on that thing. Very impressive. I've always been worried about the graphite/sealer combo. I figured the sealer would kill any natural sheen the graphite provides. I have some Testors metalizer paints that I've been meaning to try as well. I hope they have a long shelf life because I bought them years ago. Lol!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back