Dragoncon 2017

Long time lurker...and I really wish i could make the meetup! Have to take the kids to the Falcons game tomorrow night though :( I'm staying in the Marriott though - any chance I can pop in if it's still going on after the game?

Absolutely, we are usually there for about an hour to an hour an a half...

So...I just finished printing all of the badges, they all came out amazing, I hope all of you love them as much as I do. I went through an entire brand new ink cartridge just for the badges. I luckily printed the last badge and then it ran out. Now I just need to cut them all out and put them in their badge holders. (Sorry there upside down so you can't see)

20170831_010531.jpg

20170831_010531.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing on my feed a lot of you have arrived at DC, We hope the rest of you all have safe travels, I will be leaving in 6 hours...Can't wait to see you all...

20170831_010531.jpg

James C Bryan is a scammer. He told me that he had a hotel at the Hyatt Hotel for Dragoncon. He asked for 100 for each person as a deposit to hold the room. He never mentioned anything about not getting a refund for the deposit if something came up. I gave him the deposit of $300.00 in Oct. On May 10th he said full amount must be paid by Aug 1st and that there will be no refunds fro deposits. He said no refunds for deposits after I gave him a deposit, He never stated this prior. Then on July 6th he told me he no longer had the room and that he would refund me my money and the I need to get another room. I got another room, he then said on July 10th that the room was now still available and the refunds are an issue. he stated this after he told me to get another room. since July 10th he has not responded to any of my emails on fb nor read them. But he posts on fb every day, on his site, as well as the rpf fb, and dragoncon site.

I ask that you block him from any groups, unfriend him, and block him. Please share this information.

I can provide all conversations online with screen shoots of everything that was said.

Thank you....

jcbryan 3.JPGjcbryan 2.JPGjcbryan 1.JPG14681668_330576850635789_744821715539485589_n.jpg

jcbryan 3.JPG

jcbryan 2.JPG

jcbryan 1.JPG

14681668_330576850635789_744821715539485589_n.jpg

Wow what a whirlwind weekend. A huge thanks to Matrixspoon for organizing the meetup and the matrix photoshoot. It was great to see everyone and meet new folks. I think persphones dress was a big hit. Stephanie was all smiles Friday's night. I didn't get very many good shots from Friday. I was too busy running around looking at costumes. Here's a couple behind the scene shots
178f070ef7f0191a6b46d24ad2a8da71.jpg
. Can't what to see umo's work.
f1485f6fe7e5eba59cde0b6bd431cd3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow what a whirlwind weekend. A huge thanks to Matrixspoon for organizing the meetup and the matrix photoshoot. It was great to see everyone and meet new folks. I think persphones dress was a big hit. Stephanie was all smiles Friday's night. I didn't get very many good shots from Friday. I was too busy running around looking at costumes. Here's a couple behind the scene shotshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/178f070ef7f0191a6b46d24ad2a8da71.jpg. Can't what to see umo's work. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/f1485f6fe7e5eba59cde0b6bd431cd3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, those came out so great. I can't wait to see UMOphoto's photos from the RPF meetup and the Matrix Photo shoot. I know there going to be amazing.

A huge big thank you to @UMOphoto, and everyone that came out to the 4th Annual RPF member meet and great.

It was great seeing all of you, old friends and new. It was great to finally put a face to the names.

We hope that everyone had a good time at the meet and at Dragoncon and we hope to see you all again next year.

We will be posting the photos as soon as they become available from the photographer.

Thank you all so much again....

We hope that everyone loved there badges.

I really enjoyed making them this year and the fact that each persons badge was original...

What did everyone think about how we did this badges this year? Would you like this option to be done again in 2018?

Meaning you are given the option of picking from different designs.

Thanks for your input.

20170831_165209.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said on Facebook, I was showing the badge to a lot of people, because it was an easy way to show a photo of both of my cosplays. I may discard this year's DC program guide, but the RPF badges are treasures that I will keep forever.

Petri (the Finnish friend who was also at the RPF meet) was really happy with his first DragonCon and definitely wants to go next year too. He's also saying we should get more Finns so we have a bigger group. I have a couple of younger cosplayer friends who would probably go insane from happiness if they could come, but they may be somewhat budget-challenged. My second year was vastly different from the first one. I'm quite introverted, so going with another person helped make contact with other people. I also focused on completely different things this year and I think I managed to make good choices. I wish I had been able to fit in seeing Stan Lee too, but that's the one thing I didn't get to do after all. There's so much to do and so little time. I probably spent about three times the amount of time in my costumes compared to last year, but wisely took breaks after a few hours (getting hydrated and drying off the sweat).

No firm decisions about next year, but I think the odds that I'm coming are better than 50%.

I loved my badge and used it to show off my Rey with Mark Hamill several times throughout the weekend. I think doing the different designs was awesome. Thank you so much for all your hard work on these, and though I haven't made any decisions for next year yet, most likely I'm in and will be back at the RPF meetup! Wouldn't miss it! :)

I loved my badge and used it to show off my Rey with Mark Hamill several times throughout the weekend. I think doing the different designs was awesome. Thank you so much for all your hard work on these, and though I haven't made any decisions for next year yet, most likely I'm in and will be back at the RPF meetup! Wouldn't miss it! :)

Glad to hear that you loved it. The 2018 forum is up now, if your able to attend DC and attend the meetup next year, let us know on the forum. Thanks.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281260

Thank you again guys for the wonderful meetup! We are finally unpacked and almost back to normal from the con. Shop cleaning week GO. We appreciated all the positive feedback on our sword and Gladiolus/ Iris FFXV cosplays thank you guys!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back