Battle starship

Superb , pure and simple sir ....and to think , if that was ' just for fun ' Katsu-San , what incredible work you'd achieve when you were ' serious ' ...LOL !!!

Good morning, Ohayo gozaimasu!

Thanks for the present phrases. It's so happy to me to see many comments from my friends as the first thing in the morning.
To make something that you could see the result in a day is really relieve the frustration. To use your hands to craft something sometimes is better than sit still and keep thinking for long time.

The weather these days are really depressing. Heavy rain again today.
20 days of continuous rainy weather. Cold summer. I experienced this for 40 years ago. I was in a college.
Flood damage at many place that I haven't experienced 40 years ago. Mainly, damages are caused by the driftwood in the river. That's because we have been reducing the consumption of paper supplies. We quit to cut out wood from the mountain and many mountains were deserted. We thought it's good for the nature but was not. This is really an ecological revenge.

Oops, too much talking.

Basic build of the ship will be done soon and I will start detailing work.
I know there are some damaged part here and there and I have to fix or rebuild them.
And the paint job. I've done a limited paint job on the nose section. That was the place to be painted anyway. I don't have any fixed idea for the paint scheme at this moment. May be I want to enjoy bare metal surface for a while when I finished the polishing up.  As you know I was a little conservative aboout paint job on my last several models.

May be I should try some dramatic paint job on this one.

mind blowing! just amazing!!!!!

Thanks!

Thank you Jedi Master, sir.

Those little ships are very cool! This work must be hell on your arthritis, though.

Thank you very much. I forgot to tell you. After the blood test, doctor said that was a wrong diagnosis.
That was some allergic responses. Now I'm OK.
Thank you for remembering.

..and...brain...has...exploded...

Simply staggering work.

Thank you very much.

GOOD GOLLY!

Wow. Just... wow.

Thanks, Tom-san

Superb , pure and simple sir ....and to think , if that was ' just for fun ' Katsu-San , what incredible work you'd achieve when you were ' serious ' ...LOL !!!

No sweat, I've never been serious in my entire life.
Thanks!

Your are truly a Master craftsman, good Sir!

Thank you very much!

Here are some pics of 'Obon' ceremony last week.

Pic below is the 'Butsudan'
It's the little chamber/window for the spirit of our ancestors.
They will come back here on the day.
We are prepare to welcome them with some decoration and meals.
You can see the name plate of them inside.

d6n7XLW.jpg

Here are some pics of my mother's house.
It's a very typical Japanese style house and garden.
My mother is now 85 years old and she is taking care of this on her own.

WjWLxw3.jpg

Entrance to the doorway.

9yHjtuI.jpg

A small Japanese garden.

fCP05KP.jpg

Again thank you very much for your kind support all the time.

katsu

Last edited:
WOW! I go on a business trip for a week and come back to... just stunned... speechless!

My jaw is on the floor with those little fighters, not to mention the radar and sensor domes. :thumbsup

Your creativity and ingenuity never ceases to amaze.

WOW! I go on a business trip for a week and come back to... just stunned... speechless!

My jaw is on the floor with those little fighters, not to mention the radar and sensor domes. :thumbsup

Your creativity and ingenuity never ceases to amaze.

Hi, Hagoth-san, thanks for the comment and 'Otsukare-sama' (Looks like there is no words in English equivalent to this Japanese words which contains several meanings like, 'Thank you for your good job and you must be tired.)
Please have a good time with your family.

katsu

Absolutely incredible work. Such focus and perfection. I admire and applaud this in people. There's nothing so satisfying as creating something. I bet when God finished the universe he sat back and said, "Hey, check it out!" He might have even liked to post it on the RPF if it had been around on day 7. :D

Fantastic work mate. I've been checking in from time to time and will enjoy seeing it finished.

SB

Absolutely incredible work. Such focus and perfection. I admire and applaud this in people. There's nothing so satisfying as creating something. I bet when God finished the universe he sat back and said, "Hey, check it out!" He might have even liked to post it on the RPF if it had been around on day 7. :D

Fantastic work mate. I've been checking in from time to time and will enjoy seeing it finished.

SB

Thank you very much for looking at my work, sandbagger-san. Your praises are too much for my little work but I'm so happy to hear your friendly comment and I'm so rewarded.

The last lower floor of the nose section. Canon bank.
I made a fire controle room here.

g7mXAOs.jpg

I wanted to put a small display on the console this time. Something transparent display you've often seen on the Sci-Fi movie.
I was gonna need a very thin screen. After a few moment thought, I was gonna try this.

Using a table saw, I made a very thin piece of acrylic plate.
I used table saw because it can adjust the height of the blade very slightly during the cut.

3d3vdf3.jpg

The upper thin part is what I wanted.

DJJW2Ll.jpg

gQdMsrO.jpg

The thickness is 0.2 mm or less.

eq8ppQZ.jpg

J6lZp6n.jpg

0VUOhF0.jpg

JUBTtM0.jpg

w9exMFm.jpg

I will put this thing in here.

wpHuLy3.jpg

lv4msXw.jpg

Things are too very small for my tablet camera.
I'm sorry for the poor focus.

Thank you very much for looking.

Last edited:
Katsu-San , please stop apologising for the quality of the photos you're sharing with us mere mortals of an impressive project . I view them via a tablet and they look brilliant . The fact that you continually share incredible updates more than compensates for any imagined inadequacy .

Once again ' WOW ' !!!

Cheers Ged :love

Yeah, you do need a better camera at that scale. Something along the lines of a scanning electron microscope... ;)

I've said it about other models you've built, and it's just as true for this one - I don't know whether I'm more impressed with your building techniques or your designs. I'll repeat myself again and say that I've seen starships in movies - GOOD movies - that don't have this much thought put into them.

Katsu-San , please stop apologising for the quality of the photos you're sharing with us mere mortals of an impressive project . I view them via a tablet and they look brilliant . The fact that you continually share incredible updates more than compensates for any imagined inadequacy .

Once again ' WOW ' !!!

Cheers Ged :love

Yeah, you do need a better camera at that scale. Something along the lines of a scanning electron microscope... ;)

I've said it about other models you've built, and it's just as true for this one - I don't know whether I'm more impressed with your building techniques or your designs. I'll repeat myself again and say that I've seen starships in movies - GOOD movies - that don't have this much thought put into them.

Thank you very much, Ged-san and Tom-san.

Of course, I love to build anything I want to build always but sometimes I feel so hard to go on and that's even true.
Sometime I have to think about the one thing until I feel my brain is getting cubic. :lol
(I am not talking about the quantum physics, it's just a model building.:facepalm)

At that moment I always think about you my friends.
And that saves me all the time.

Thank you so very much.

Katsu

I'm at a loss for words. Mindblowing. You, Katsu-san(did I use that correctly?) are a truly talented builder. The level of detail is staggering and the design just feels spot-on.

Just getting better and better. Its crazy.

Thank you very much,Michael-san.

I'm at a loss for words. Mindblowing. You, Katsu-san(did I use that correctly?) are a truly talented builder. The level of detail is staggering and the design just feels spot-on.

Thank you very much,Kiwimaddog-san.

Today I didn't get to the workbench. Instead I drew some idea for the nose section.
I was working on it for a couple of hours but couldn't get organize the ideas in anyway.
On a model making this time, I am struggling to design each cross section of the front, mid and rear.

Thank you very much for your support.

All the best to you all.

katsu

Last edited:
I think everyone following this thread is running out of adjectives.

WOW
Fantastic
-> Absolutely Great <-- Selected
Amazing
-> Awe Inspiring <- Selected
Incredible
Mind Blowing

The scale you are working at is Awe Inspiring. Those fighter are Absolutely Great.

Haha LeoL!

There's also,

Awesome
Cool
Totally (fill in the blank with any of the above)

But you are right. We are running out of unique or new ones.

and one more...

* ... speechless.

Sometimes I take a look at the latest progress and ... * ... then after awhile I maybe pick one of the adjectives listed. :lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back