Dave the Bookie's current projects - Blasters and Sabers

The real Webley is the bottom one with all real parts - well, all of the real parts that have been identified. Will do some detailed pics of the finished product. The top two are bronze casts that I made from the real deal. Selling these first two off as finished blasters, but do plan on offering just the casts.

My Holy Grail!!! 95% Real Parts Boba Fett EE-3 Blaster! This baby has been 10+ years in the collecting of parts. Finally acquired the Webley last July.

Real/found parts:

- 1917 Webley & Scott No 1 Mk 1 Flare Gun - serial number 3087
- 4 X 20 Webley Scope with original scope rings - know this one is not 100% accurate based on the scope discussions, but it is good enough for me and really cool to combine a Webley scope with the Webley Flare Gun.
- Molex plugs
- Split Plugs for stock
- Visible V8 rods
- Leather shoulder strap designed after the original
- Master Replicas MPP Flash tube - acquired from Steve D in a trade

Resin Parts:
- Scope Mount Rings and round disks under V8 rods (Sidewinder)
- Square detail part (3D printed)

Weathered using silver metallic, red, and black paints with rust effect details added.

Thank you to everyone that helped in acquiring the parts and for the research that led to this! Now have to find a place on my blaster wall for it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2404.JPG
    IMG_2404.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2407.JPG
    IMG_2407.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2408.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
And here she is added to the blaster wall - lighting wasn't right so couldn't get a great picture with my phone. Jar Jar is down in the corner offering his thumbs up in approval... :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
My Holy Grail!!! 95% Real Parts Boba Fett EE-3 Blaster! This baby has been 10+ years in the collecting of parts. Finally acquired the Webley last July.

Real/found parts:

- 1917 Webley & Scott No 1 Mk 1 Flare Gun - serial number 3087
- 4 X 20 Webley Scope with original scope rings - know this one is not 100% accurate based on the scope discussions, but it is good enough for me and really cool to combine a Webley scope with the Webley Flare Gun.
- Molex plugs
- Split Plugs for stock
- Visible V8 rods
- Leather shoulder strap designed after the original
- Master Replicas MPP Flash tube - acquired from Steve D in a trade

Resin Parts:
- Scope Mount Rings and round disks under V8 rods (Sidewinder)
- Square detail part (3D printed)

Weathered using silver metallic, red, and black paints with rust effect details added.

Thank you to everyone that helped in acquiring the parts and for the research that led to this! Now have to find a place on my blaster wall for it. :)

Looking great, but please...put some accurate split plugs and a correctly sized square stock detail on your real Webley ;) It´s an insult for an otherwise awesome blaster...YES, I am nitpicky :lol

Markus,

The split plugs that I used are real - are they the wrong size? I think I got them from either you or kurtyboy, so one if you steered me wrong if so. :). The square part is a 3D print. They are slightly bigger than the ones in Sidewinder's kit that I used on the bronze casts - are those the correct sized parts? Thought about using some of those on my real parts blaster, but didn't want to use up my stock and would be 3 more "non-real" parts (the split plugs). If you have a source for the accurate sized split plugs, PM me with the details and I will add to my next order/trade with you.

Markus,

The split plugs that I used are real - are they the wrong size? I think I got them from either you or kurtyboy, so one if you steered me wrong if so. :). The square part is a 3D print. They are slightly bigger than the ones in Sidewinder's kit that I used on the bronze casts - are those the correct sized parts? Thought about using some of those on my real parts blaster, but didn't want to use up my stock and would be 3 more "non-real" parts (the split plugs). If you have a source for the accurate sized split plugs, PM me with the details and I will add to my next order/trade with you.

I fully understand the urge to use as many real parts as possible.
Anyhow...the plugs did not came from me! ;)

The (resin?) plugs that you used on your bronze casts are correctly sized as far as I can tell by the pics.
Jump over to the TDH, BojaGun used to sell accurate vintage NOS plugs.

I had one of those large stock details 3D printed as well, but swapped it with sidewinders correctly sized casts later on...the bigger one just did not look right.

Do these upgrades and you´ll have one of the finest ESB EEs, based on a real Webley :cool

Last edited:
Sounds good - got the plugs like 9 years ago when they were first discovered, so that is likely why they are the wrong size. Oh well. I used as little epoxy as would hold the parts on as humanly possible, so should be able to snap they off no problem and switch them out for more accurate (smaller) pieces when I find them. :)

I need a new blaster to work on - anyone found out anything more on the Zuckuss blaster? :)

Thanks,
Dave

Zuckuss trigger/mag looks like SMLE with another pistol mag in front of that. It's ugly.

SAS

Simon...when did the "appearance" of a specific blaster stop us hardcore builders/ collectors from wanting one, huh!? YOU should know it best, being our first choice machinist for Marcus and my projects :lol

ZUCKUSS blaster....YES!!! :cool

Wow! Great blasters, both the real Webley and the bronze casts. I was going to ask why your AM plugs looked so big but then I saw of course Matkus had already noticed. Lol.

And I always thought the Zuckess blaster was cool looking.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back