Tie Fighter Hasbro Mod Sci-Fi Airshow Style

Wow! I'm blown away! That's just fantastic! The base is just as pretty as your TIE, would probably take home "the prettiest base of the year award" if there ever was one! Well done!

Steve

Awesome job, I've got a Hasbro Tie Fighter I'll eventually get to working on. I keep saying I'm just going to darken the window and not detail the cockpit but then I see some like this and change my mind. Really like those decals, is the white printed on them or is it a separate layer laid over top of it?
They where printed in one go with "white" backing to seal it of for light leaks, but I still had to put two on top of each other to avoid leaks, worked out pretty well in the end.

Very nice work, Captain. Am starting this same project. What advice can you offer for dis-assembly of the fuselage/ball? It appears to have been factory glued together (in addition to the 4 small screws in the "arms"). Just a matter of forcing/breaking the glued joints?

Very nice work, Captain. Am starting this same project. What advice can you offer for dis-assembly of the fuselage/ball? It appears to have been factory glued together (in addition to the 4 small screws in the "arms"). Just a matter of forcing/breaking the glued joints?

I had exactly the same problem as you, I got the recommendation from Homecine to "do it with gentle force" and thats what I did :)
Just be careful but sorta forceful and you will crack that thing open. I think I just used a screwdriver with a very flat and wide head, I had to use some bondo on the places where some of the plastic chipped away but it didn't do much damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still working on my Hasbro Falcon but after reading this decided to see how bad it was going to be to crack my tie fighter open. I ended up using a thick screwdriver and inserting it in the wing holes and prying that way. I took some scrap styrene and used it as a wedge where the body was starting to separate to keep it held open. Eventually after about 10 minutes of work it popped apart. Just keep the pressure consistent and the pins holding it together will eventually give way.

Right now the toughest thing I've ran into is cutting the glass out of this thing. Why in the world they used this red tint plastic and not just clear blows my mind.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back